Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278287 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 3 dawn silently
« Reply #510 on: August 19, 2011, 10:37:27 pm »

Any potential Fortune Tellers out there: Vamp Lord shows up as a Changer.  So do Priests.  (No, I'm not asking you to claim anything yet.)

Max:
That would be the Devil. Last time we saw him, he needed three souls to fill a wincon, and then he would go back to the underworld with these souls, if I recall.
Nobody claimed to this yesterday. Perhaps somebody took this offer?

Anyway, if they did, and you turned down the offer, then that leaves two more Souls to collect before they disappear and take a few players with them.

As the Super 1 Devil, I can confirm that's how the role worked then.  It also required leaving the house, so that means Solifuge didn't come back as one, at least.  Or at least he didn't come back as that devil.

Anyway, why do you still think Josh is scum?  Dariush probably wasn't the convert, meaning he was an original slave.  It would follow that Josh was town D1 when you started to suspect him.  I rather think he's town, or at least was then, and I see no reason to have changed my mind.

If you were cult leader, who would you convert?  Would you do so based on day game or power roles?

Jim:  Why do you say he was town instead of non-vampire?  He could be third party, possibly our devil above.  However, I do agree that he's a bad lynch for today.  He's a potentially good recruit if people think that way, but down that road lies much wine.

Has your opinion of Solifuge changed?

Jokerman:  Has your scumlist changed?  Who's your pick(s) now?

Azure:  You were, indeed, correct about the scum not having a NK.  However, Dariush was still scum.  What do you take from that?

Also, you were quiet yesterday, mostly forgivable as you replaced in.  I'd like to hear your suspicions now, though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 19, 2011, 10:49:16 pm »

Jim:  Why do you say he was town instead of non-vampire?  He could be third party, possibly our devil above.  However, I do agree that he's a bad lynch for today.  He's a potentially good recruit if people think that way, but down that road lies much wine.

Has your opinion of Solifuge changed?

A third party with a role from the town role? That doesn't seem likely.

At least from what I remember of glancing through Supernatural 1 and 2 and playing in 3, third party roles are their own thing, unique and separate from the town.

I'm not clear on what you think my opinion on Solifuge was. I don't remember stating anything strongly about him after he came back from being lynched.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 19, 2011, 10:55:38 pm »

Jim:  Good point on Crown.

On Solifuge:  This is mostly what I had in mind.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 19, 2011, 10:59:53 pm »

Max:
Anyway, why do you still think Josh is scum?  Dariush probably wasn't the convert, meaning he was an original slave.  It would follow that Josh was town D1 when you started to suspect him.  I rather think he's town, or at least was then, and I see no reason to have changed my mind.

If you were cult leader, who would you convert?  Would you do so based on day game or power roles?
Hmm, you could be right, perhaps he is third party. I should reread over everything, but I am not comfortable with him. Now that we have some info, I figure I should do my part and reread when I have some time. I'm sort of posting while at work mostly, so while I can easily keep up to date with everything, a reread will take some time, as such, let me get back to you on that.

Also, as far as converts go, I figure Irony or Leaf have slipped under the radar well, so would make good targets, but for last night, I would have taken you. Your practically as close as confirmed town gets without having an inspect, and you can't protect yourself, while having a fun and powerful ability. Your a prime scum target, and not even worth lynching because you can't be the leader.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 19, 2011, 11:10:02 pm »

On Solifuge:  This is mostly what I had in mind.

I was being antagonistic. The only reason he suspected me is because I mislynched him, and he decided he wanted to be a patronizing asshole about it (while still also being completely wrong about everything).

I was also trying to make sure that he would participate. Being antagonistic works very well for this purpose if they take the bait.

I had no reason to doubt that he would be either town or a Demon at that point, so I decided to wait and see if it would make itself apparent during the night.

This was before there were Vampyres, so now my read on him is neutral. I'll have to keep in mind that his alignment is no longer exclusively two options.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 20, 2011, 12:35:00 am »

Jokerman:  Has your scumlist changed?  Who's your pick(s) now?

Well, the revelation of a cult instead of your regular scum had sort of changed things, yeah. I'm somewhat relieved that we didn't mislynch; someone already said, "right guy, wrong reasons." That's the best way to put it.

Unfortunately, it means that my list is a bit scrambled. I agree with Solifuge's analysis about who's cleared, unless I'm horribly confused and they have some other powers. I'll need to get back to you; I work all this weekend and I'm goddam exhausted.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 20, 2011, 11:14:18 am »

Azure:  You were, indeed, correct about the scum not having a NK.  However, Dariush was still scum.  What do you take from that?

Also, you were quiet yesterday, mostly forgivable as you replaced in.  I'd like to hear your suspicions now, though.

You were lucky. Or you bussed and aren't really a guard, but that's a silly theory with no current standing and should be put down. I will note, however, that you are most likely a high-priority target for the Vampire. Just in case you ever get bored of guarding/change your mind about Soli. Like the aforementioned, though, this is not a suspicion - merely an observation, and you're probably so obvious a target that such a fact managed to protect you last night. I will also note that Dariush must have been the original Blood Slave... Thing, considering you were protecting him N1. As such, Soli can't possibly be one thanks to your protection. He can be something else entirely, but not that, at least.

Soli also clears Crown and Josh, so that's another two neutralized, as Soli himself pointed out. I, however, disagree on the point that scum didn't bus. On the contrary; I find it more likely that the Vampire lynched the underling. He was the original blood slave and was caught due to unfortunate circumstances; it was unfortunate for him, but he was clearly expendable, considering the Vampire probably has another two buddies by now, and the element of surprise was going to be lost no matter what since Daruish was already much too strong a candidate for a lynch (due to, as some quite amusingly pointed out, the 'wrong reasons'). As such, I have narrowed down my two suspicions to Vector and Jokerman. Potentially Max, but I strongly doubt it. Probably because I just think he's town in over his head that wants to help however he can. Not feelin' dat Cult Leader jive from him. 

And yes, I am not voting either of my FoS's just yet. I want to reread on both first, but that is something I can't do right now as I'm hosting a D&D game at 6 that I still haven't completely prepared for (it's quarter to 5 over here). Just wanted to get a post in to show I'm still here. I will say right now, however, that I think the Vampire is more likely to be Vector from what I have seen thus far. I will elaborate on this tomorrow - my tomorrow, which will be in about 7 hours (or longer, depending on how long my game runs for). The thing that tipped me off on this possibility is fairly weak and will probably be quite obvious to anyone else that rereads, but depending on what else I can find it might be solid.

Also, I'll quickly address this:

Why are you answering questions for others?

Think someone else said the same thing. Can't be arsed to find it. Anyway, I'm going to answer this one with a question, because as far as I can see, I have nothing to answer for.

So. What, exactly, have I done to detract from either Max's or LNCP's scum-hunting by pointing out where the posts they were looking for were?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 20, 2011, 08:41:56 pm »

Max:
Your a prime scum target, and not even worth lynching because you can't be the leader.
That's like bringing your own WIFOM to drink.

Jim:  Noted.  Do remember that Soli couldn't have been converted last night as I was guarding him, so he is indeed not a vampire.  Demon or not is still unknown.

Jokerman:
someone already said, "right guy, wrong reasons." That's the best way to put it.

Aye, that was me.

In any case, I'll be waiting.

Azure:  Noted.  As for the lucky bit?  That's why you don't lynch solely on roles- if you have a role-related reason to lynch someone, make sure you can back it up with evidence of scumminess in case your role is wrong.

Re Questions:  I can't speak for damage you've done to scumhunting of others; answering questions for others is just something that draws my attention.  Mostly I wanted to see how you reacted to the question, which was well enough.  Since the questions were mostly objective, I don't really see it as a big deal.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 20, 2011, 10:42:34 pm »

I'm still trying to reread, but just to be sure: Vampires retain their role when converted?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 20, 2011, 10:47:00 pm »

As of Super 3, yes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 20, 2011, 11:05:56 pm »

As of Super 1/2, yes.  They're a fairly standard SK, except they ignore blocks and redirects.

Oh hey, demons ignore blocks.  I forgot that.  So much for my block Solifuge plan.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 20, 2011, 11:07:51 pm »

Hurm... Does that mean the lack of nk last night goes towards Soli being town?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 21, 2011, 12:44:30 am »

Or he just hasn't used his kill yet.

It'd be a smart move, seeing as how if there's any kill at all he'd be the culprit.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 21, 2011, 12:56:24 am »

True. If he was a demon, would we need to kill him to win?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 70