Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278325 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 3 dawn silently
« Reply #495 on: August 19, 2011, 04:52:40 pm »

Max, have you read anything but LNCP's post? I can't be a zombie, because I'm an active player still (zombies appear dead, but still can kill). Either I came back as Town, or I am a Serial Killer; those are the only options. Josh can be a Priest, or a Priest who was made a Vampire Slave; it's unlikely that a Vampire Leader would convert him after his role was spent, though, since his usefulness is limited, when better targets were present.

You can deduce the Scum based on what roles we know of already. We have 1 Vamp. Leader, and likely 1 Vanilla Slave to start. We've had two nights, thus up to 2 new Slaves have been made (unless the Scum were blocked). The Vanilla Slave is dead, leaving the other 1-2, who I assume are converted with their roles intact.

When looking at past days, remember that people have been switching sides. We started with Dariush and the Leader on a team Day 1. This expanded to 3 yesterday, and grew by another today, though they lost one to the Lynch. What we are looking for is the Leader, to stop conversions; the one player who has been consistently scummy throughout, doesn't have a proven role, who avoided killing Dariush, and has been gaining a growing cloud of support.

I'll be back with my candidate when I return this evening.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 19, 2011, 04:54:36 pm »

Solifuge: for one thing, you're assuming CoF is town.  Let's imagine he's a vampire (and we have past precedence for vampires starting with roles).  Now can you see why a cult leader would vote Dariush?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 19, 2011, 04:55:26 pm »

I never played in a Vampire game before. Mind a link, so I can check on this precedent?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 19, 2011, 04:59:54 pm »

Max, have you read anything but LNCP's post? I can't be a zombie, because I'm an active player still (zombies appear dead, but still can kill). Either I came back as Town, or I am a Serial Killer; those are the only options. Josh can be a Priest, or a Priest who was made a Vampire Slave; it's unlikely that a Vampire Leader would convert him after his role was spent, though, since his usefulness is limited, when better targets were present.
Or a scum priest from the start. In past games the slave had a power role. Or Meph changed some of the rules.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 19, 2011, 05:08:55 pm »

Lordnincompoop: I'm quite liking the look of you for cult leader right now.  You seem to have been activelurkibg beneath everyone's notice and pointlessly fought with Max and bandwagonned yesterday.  Are you gonna change your vote due to the fact that CoF basically cannot be leader?

At this point, I've come to the realisation that I don't have a lot of remaining suspects. For lack of anything else, I've chosen to vote for someone that I think has a good chance of being some sort of anti-town, but I'll need to reread and see what I can dig up

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 19, 2011, 05:37:30 pm »

Fucking vampires, man. If we started with 1 vampire, then we have 1 slave now, I think. That's not that bad.

Well, there's still third-party scum to worry about, but no kill... Could there be two vampires?

I will hate you forever if there's actually two vampires, Meph.

And you start the Day 3 like you started Day 2. With uselessness.

I've already stated my case and Dariush flipping Vampire hasn't made me think of you as any less of scum.

CrownOfFire.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #501 on: August 19, 2011, 05:40:26 pm »

Psst, Meph, you have an error in the first post, it says that Pandarsenic replaced Pandarsenic.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 19, 2011, 05:42:05 pm »

Psst, Meph, you have an error in the first post, it says that Pandarsenic replaced Pandarsenic.
I was under the impression that was there for compatibility with the lurker tracker.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 19, 2011, 05:58:07 pm »

Sorry, haven't managed to reread to figure out what's going on.

Question: Can Vampire Lords not have a role in addition to being a cult leader?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 19, 2011, 06:03:15 pm »

Vampire Lords are Vampire Lords and that's all they can and ever will be.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 19, 2011, 06:07:43 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
CrownOfFire: Jim Groovester, lordnincompoop, Vector
JoshuaFH: Max White

Day ends ~10am Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 19, 2011, 06:18:30 pm »

Then Crown's out, or too much of a coward to kill. Why are you more concerned with toothless obvscum than a growing cult?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 19, 2011, 06:44:48 pm »

Because it's hard to directly find the leader. If we can't lynch the leader than we should still at least lynch Cult.

Wait, actually. Dariush roleflipped some lame vanilla Vampire role. Obviously CrownOfFire couldn't be doing the conversions since Solifuge confirmed his action.

In Supernatural 3 there were two members on the Vampire team to start. If that holds true for this game, then that means CrownOfFire, at least on Day and Night 1, was town.

I don't see any reason why a Vampire Lord would ever convert him since he seems like a prime target for a mislynch.

Fuck. I still can't shake my gut feeling that he's scum because everything he's been doing has been scummy.

Unvote for now. Now seems like a great time for a reread.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 19, 2011, 09:44:42 pm »

If anyone's interested, something unusual happened last night. Apparently, I was approached by an unknown person asking that I "sell my soul" for any one of any Jack-of-all-trades abilities.

I was also given the option to refuse the offer outright, which I did, since that's damn fishy.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 19, 2011, 09:49:28 pm »

That would be the Devil. Last time we saw him, he needed three souls to fill a wincon, and then he would go back to the underworld with these souls, if I recall.
Nobody claimed to this yesterday. Perhaps somebody took this offer?

Anyway, if they did, and you turned down the offer, then that leaves two more Souls to collect before they disappear and take a few players with them.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 70