Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278286 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 2 - 1 REPLACEMENT REQUIRED
« Reply #420 on: August 13, 2011, 09:04:19 pm »

Can you be more specific on those interactions?
Starting with Jim, near the end of d1, he goes all out to ensure Bd, at the time Kilakan is not lynched, but instead insisting on a policy lynch to stop lurkers. He did what ever it took to save he's scum buddy, and a lurker policy is a great way to force a mislynch. Further more, when he's own theory put Josh as scum, he would not even entertain the notion of lynching Josh. He refused to even admit it was the best option if he was right. When I pointed this out, he started to back down from this theory, and now that two other people have pointed out that Josh would in fact be the safer of the two, he has demoted it to 'MegaWIFOMlicious' instead just saying that he hopes it is that because it is cool.
As soon as something he said could incriminate Josh, he isn't willing to go through any more. He protected Kilakan Bd, and now he is going back on he's word to protect Josh.
He has also been following the Kilakan/bd vote all game. First Kilakan decides to policy lynch Soli, then Jim follows suit, knowing he is a strong enough player to make sure nobody thinks he is getting on the band wagon. He is doing the same thing today.

All in all they have been backing each other the entire game in one way or another.

A knight definitely knows they were attacked.  Wizards probably know they saved one (docs in Meph games usually know they successfully saved someone, but I don't think we've seen a save in any Super).  I don't think we've had a Sorcerer, so I don't know what they do.

If a doc knows they saved someone, they should almost certainly not claim unless they think it will prevent a mislynch.  If someone knows they were saved, I don't see why they shouldn't claim- their attempted killer already knows what happened.
Ah, thank you.
I was under the impression that the Sorcerer was a town roleblock. I mean reading down the list it goes
Bulletproof
Jailer
Cop (Of sorts, not sure what each one does differently)
Tracker
???
Doc
Ect...

So I was guessing that the missing role from the normal line up is the roleblock, who would stop a night action without protecting the target. Sort of fits in with the given flavour too.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Supernatural creatures hate Barons
« Reply #422 on: August 13, 2011, 11:58:36 pm »

Jim: Scum. Come the end of the first day, when just by chance kilakan was up for lynching, he decided to kick into gear to save he's scum partner. He was also totally unwilling to even answer questions that make Josh look like a better lynch than Crown.

He's only better by the limited criteria you really want me to adopt - that I just want to test my neat shiny theory and ignore everything else like reads on players, answers to questions, reactions, and other results from scumhunting.

According to all that fluff you want me to ignore (which is really more important than some stupid theory) CrownOfFire is a much better choice.

That list wasn't in order of who I think is most scummy, so no, he isn't at the bottom, Bd is. Anyway, I'm voting him for the reasons given, that is is always defensive, so much so that he starts to ready a defence before anybody even questions him, and because of how much effort Jim put into making sure that he wasn't lynched, even though he's theory put Josh as scum.

Goodness fuck you are retarded. If I had known you were going to be this stupid I would've responded to all this crap in my first post for the day.

The theory I came up with is pure WIFOM, you dumb little shit. It would be as retarded as you to test it out just to test it out.

I don't strongly read JoshuaFH as scum. Quit saying that I do when I don't.

Max White.

"Mostly because he is Josh" is completely insufficient reason to ride a vote.  He's at the bottom of your suspicion list, with the least information in general, and... you're riding a vote because he's him on D2 with plenty of data?

I want to see more out of you than this.

While I'm at it, since my role is rather powerful (this, at least, seems to be generally agreed upon), why not just lynch me and have Solifuge revive me? He's already proven to be town, and you'll see that I'm town when I get lynched (and subsequently revived). If it's really that important to you, then I don't really give a fuck if I die for a night, except that I can't use my power for a night. That follows that if I don't get revived, it's because Solifuge turned into a Demon because of Josh, or he got RB'd by someone.

Trying to save yourself by making an appeal about the value of your role, especially one that isn't town exclusive, is scummy.

Elaborate confirmation schemes are worthless when there's the possibility that you can be turned into a serial killer at the very end.

Starting with Jim, near the end of d1, he goes all out to ensure Bd, at the time Kilakan is not lynched, but instead insisting on a policy lynch to stop lurkers. He did what ever it took to save he's scum buddy, and a lurker policy is a great way to force a mislynch. Further more, when he's own theory put Josh as scum, he would not even entertain the notion of lynching Josh. He refused to even admit it was the best option if he was right. When I pointed this out, he started to back down from this theory, and now that two other people have pointed out that Josh would in fact be the safer of the two, he has demoted it to 'MegaWIFOMlicious' instead just saying that he hopes it is that because it is cool.
As soon as something he said could incriminate Josh, he isn't willing to go through any more. He protected Kilakan Bd, and now he is going back on he's word to protect Josh.
He has also been following the Kilakan/bd vote all game. First Kilakan decides to policy lynch Soli, then Jim follows suit, knowing he is a strong enough player to make sure nobody thinks he is getting on the band wagon. He is doing the same thing today.

FULL RETARD MODE ENGAGE

You dumb shit, where did you ever get the idea that when I made the theory I was ready to go BALLS THROUGH THE WALLS to test it out?

Really, tell me, because I find it incredibly fucking hard to believe that you can be this fucking retarded about it, especially since I ALREADY FUCKING TOLD YOU ABOUT IT.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 14, 2011, 12:02:38 am »

Yeah yeah, will post more, is weekend and brain still shot.

Seriously, I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought was "What year is it?"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 14, 2011, 12:09:12 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
CrownOfFire: Jim Groovester, Bdthemag, Leafsnail, lordnincompoop
Dariush: Jokerman-EXE, Toaster
Jim Groovester: Solifuge
JoshuaFH: Max White
Max White: CrownOfFire, Dariush, JoshuaFH, Vector

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #425 on: August 14, 2011, 02:16:57 am »

Just a note, my internet is going to be limited for the next week and a half or so.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 14, 2011, 02:43:36 am »

Firstly, why is anybody voting for Crown? Seriously, I want reasons from all of you. Now, let's assess how Crown came to role claim, and what happened last night.

The 'What we have been told theory' ~ Crown is a warlock, talked to Soli last night, and asked Soli to confirm he was town should he ever come back to life. The problem with this theory is that there is some what convenient that Soli just happened to come back to life the next day. It could happen, I guess, but isn't likely. It also dosn't prove Crown is either town or scum.

Jim's theory ~ Crown and Josh are both scum, and when they managed to lynch Soli they planned to revive him and have him plea for Crown. It explains how Crown knew that Soli would be revived, but it still doesn't make much sense. Who would believe that just because somebody who was revived said another was town, he is town? It's a crazy theory that just wouldn't come to pass. Although it does put Josh as scum, and I like that.

Max's theory ~ Crown has no idea that Soli would be revived, but instead when he was revived saw it as a great chance for him to fake claim, and have Soli confirm it, because they were both masons. He was so willing to claim Warlock because he isn't a warlock and didn't realise that the fake claim was just as dangerous as the real claim. If this is true he must be town.

Max's inverse theory ~ Crown still had no idea that soli would be revived, but is scum and Soli was revive as a demon, so was willing to back he's story. Just replace mason with scum and it is pretty much the same as above, but with Soli swapping sides on revive. The problem here is that it doesn't account for Josh being scum, unless scum priests always revive demons. Unless a theory puts Josh as scum that we are lynching today, it is a worthless theory.

Anybody got any other way to explain what happened?

He's only better by the limited criteria you really want me to adopt - that I just want to test my neat shiny theory and ignore everything else like reads on players, answers to questions, reactions, and other results from scumhunting.

According to all that fluff you want me to ignore (which is really more important than some stupid theory) CrownOfFire is a much better choice.
Well what have you got to loose? Also, once again your once awesome idea that explained why Crown must be scum has turned into a stupid theory. Jim doesn't throw out stupid theories does he? Why would he?
If you don't think that Josh is your scum priest and revived Soli as part of an evil plan to make Crown look innocent, who bring it up?

Goodness fuck you are retarded. If I had known you were going to be this stupid I would've responded to all this crap in my first post for the day.

The theory I came up with is pure WIFOM, you dumb little shit. It would be as retarded as you to test it out just to test it out.

I don't strongly read JoshuaFH as scum. Quit saying that I do when I don't.
If it is pure WIFOM, who bring it up?

I don't strongly read JoshuaFH as scum. Quit saying that I do when I don't.FULL RETARD MODE ENGAGE

You dumb shit, where did you ever get the idea that when I made the theory I was ready to go BALLS THROUGH THE WALLS to test it out?

Really, tell me, because I find it incredibly fucking hard to believe that you can be this fucking retarded about it, especially since I ALREADY FUCKING TOLD YOU ABOUT IT.
I think that you would have fully gone through with it, had I not pointed out that it made Josh a better lynch. If everybody had praised you and gone along without question, you would be grinning and not bring up that it is WIFOM.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 14, 2011, 03:03:15 am »

You're spewing out too much dumbshit, and every time I've explained exactly what you're doing wrong all you've done is give me back more and more dumbshit. I've run out of patience and I've run out of tolerance for your scummy bullshit.

Unvote. Enjoy hanging, Max White. You've earned it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 14, 2011, 12:54:29 pm »

Max:  Why are you so eager to jump to Crown's defense?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 14, 2011, 02:29:11 pm »

Why do you want to lynch Josh so badly?
I think he is scum. I want to lynch scum, don't you?

You've got "He's not that useful as Town" (which does not, in any way, constitute a scumtell) and "Preemptive defense!".

Now, could you point out where you got that second one came from? I can' find it, and it just looks like you that one out of your ass.

You've thrown some other weak jabs at him, which were countered and (to my knowledge) then abandoned completely. What made you back off?

You've also tried to convince a few others - quite pushily, too - that they should lynch Josh for not being useful. Now, that doesn't seem like the attitude of a guy that's trying to get a suspect lynched - especially since you're pushing something that is both A) wildly hypothetical and B) not a scumtell. Why are you lying to me, Max?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 14, 2011, 02:35:48 pm »

Max Just to let you know, I voted Crown because he claimed Warlock while under pressure and tried to make it seem like he was confirmed town then. And holy shit your arguements aren't making any sense, but for now my vote will remain on Crown.

And im only able at the moment to make brief posts, that should change later tonight though.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 14, 2011, 02:47:43 pm »

Max Just to let you know, I voted Crown because he claimed Warlock while under pressure and tried to make it seem like he was confirmed town then. And holy shit your arguements aren't making any sense, but for now my vote will remain on Crown.

And im only able at the moment to make brief posts, that should change later tonight though.

Hello? Do I not exist?

Eagerly awaiting mythical verbosity.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 14, 2011, 03:30:01 pm »

Firstly: I'm leaving on holiday tomorrow for about two weeks.  I should have pretty regular internet access, but my posts are likely to be shorter due to less access and inability to use smartphones effectively.  On the plus side they'll probably have less broken formatting.

Right then. First of all, I'm so "eager" to be confirmed town because the more confirmed town people we have, the better. I'd rather confirm myself as soon as I can, rather than waiting until I'm about to hang. By doing it early, I ensure that as little time as possible is wasted going after town (what's happening right now). I know that my role is a powerful one, so obviously it's preferable that I don't die.
So clearly the best way to achieve this goal is to paint a massive nightkill target on your head.  Of course.

Unless you're hoping to be protected every night, in which case you're totally not wasting town resources/ conveniently shielding yourself from inspections.

While I'm at it, since my role is rather powerful (this, at least, seems to be generally agreed upon), why not just lynch me and have Solifuge revive me? He's already proven to be town, and you'll see that I'm town when I get lynched (and subsequently revived). If it's really that important to you, then I don't really give a fuck if I die for a night, except that I can't use my power for a night. That follows that if I don't get revived, it's because Solifuge turned into a Demon because of Josh, or he got RB'd by someone.
This is stupid because of the possibility of Solifuge being impious.  There really is nothing more to say on the matter.

Soooo... You FoS me because there's a possibility that I lied and tried to leave the house?
No.  I FoS you because you bring up that possibility and try to play it down even though, from your perspective, that possibility shouldn't exist (you know what you did last night).

Jim's theory ~ Crown and Josh are both scum, and when they managed to lynch Soli they planned to revive him and have him plea for Crown. It explains how Crown knew that Soli would be revived, but it still doesn't make much sense. Who would believe that just because somebody who was revived said another was town, he is town? It's a crazy theory that just wouldn't come to pass. Although it does put Josh as scum, and I like that.
Apparently CoF did, regardless of whether he was town or scum, so this is a completely moot point.  You can see that from the fact that he tried to claim he was proven to be town and asked Solifuge to confirm him as town.

Max's theory ~ Crown has no idea that Soli would be revived, but instead when he was revived saw it as a great chance for him to fake claim, and have Soli confirm it, because they were both masons. He was so willing to claim Warlock because he isn't a warlock and didn't realise that the fake claim was just as dangerous as the real claim. If this is true he must be town.
This is stupid.  Town shouldn't fakeclaim unprovoked like that.  Ever.  In any case we saw Solifuge's role so we know he's not a mason.

I don't give a damn which theory is correct as long as CoF is so independently scummy.  Since we only need to lynch one person today.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 14, 2011, 04:05:30 pm »

Max:  Why are you so eager to jump to Crown's defense?
While he might be scum, it seems the least likely option. And there is somebody I would much rather lynch today.

You've got "He's not that useful as Town" (which does not, in any way, constitute a scumtell) and "Preemptive defense!".

Now, could you point out where you got that second one came from? I can' find it, and it just looks like you that one out of your ass.

You've thrown some other weak jabs at him, which were countered and (to my knowledge) then abandoned completely. What made you back off?

You've also tried to convince a few others - quite pushily, too - that they should lynch Josh for not being useful. Now, that doesn't seem like the attitude of a guy that's trying to get a suspect lynched - especially since you're pushing something that is both A) wildly hypothetical and B) not a scumtell. Why are you lying to me, Max?
Same reason I lie to anybody, to get a free drink! Sad to say, I don't think any amount of lying will get me drunk on this thread, as such I am not lying to you.
Also, when did I back off? Near the end of d1? I didn't feel as confident that he was scum, now I do.

Also, I just realised, there is something I want to know...
Soli: You say that Crown contacted you in the night and asked you to confirm he was town should you ever come back to life, right? How did you respond?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 70