Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278359 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 2 - 1 REPLACEMENT REQUIRED
« Reply #345 on: August 11, 2011, 11:38:19 pm »

Ok, how am I being defensive?

And what is chainsawing? I've never actually heard this term before.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 11, 2011, 11:39:21 pm »

Ok, how am I being defensive?

And what is chainsawing? I've never actually heard this term before.
Chainsawing is a term use towards people who viciously defend themselves after being accused of something.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 11, 2011, 11:43:01 pm »

That, I can understand. I'm pretty leery of the raw audacity that Max creates his arguments, that they must have an ulterior motive attached in order to come from any reasonable person.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 12, 2011, 12:08:36 am »

No it isn't.

Chainsawing is when you defend someone else from an attack.

(Sorry, I'm still studying for my exam, but I can look in once in a while).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 12, 2011, 12:15:25 am »

Carrying over my vote on Vector from yesterday. I'm still waiting for answers and I'm not going to let you lurk by without answering. I understand being busy, trust me, so I'll be patient for now.

Max, I can only vaguely see how you would even begin to consider that chainsawing. Your argument is complete bunk, like a lot of your statements this game. It's also a poorly-veiled OMGUS on Josh, who up til now wasn't even on your scumlist. What gives with that?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 12, 2011, 12:20:38 am »

... You mean D1?

Huh, I didn't know I had questions to answer.  I'll look tomorrow or, realistically, Saturday.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 12, 2011, 12:42:28 am »

No it isn't.

Chainsawing is when you defend someone else from an attack.

(Sorry, I'm still studying for my exam, but I can look in once in a while).

To clarify additionally, it's when you attack a player who is attacking another player, for the purpose of defending that second player.

I usually think it's a pretty bogus thing to claim. ("Why, my attack is nigh flawless and thus the rubes who are attacking my attack must be chainsawing on behalf of that player. It is the only possible explanation. Indeed, I could never possibly be in error myself.")
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #352 on: August 12, 2011, 12:54:05 am »

Well, no, I'm not scum.

And I'm not scum because I'm a Warlock. I can talk to a dead person each night through PMs. Solifuge can confirm this, as I talked to him last night. I suppose that'd leave me as confirmed Town if Solifuge ever shows up.

I'm not exactly inclined to disbelieve Toaster that he's a guard, but we'll see how Dariush reacts and what he claims. After all, it's only sporting to give him a chance to think of a fake-claim.

Ha ha, right. Let's get this straight:

Get called scum => Claim immediately

What a reaction!

Thanks, CrownOfFire. You made it really, really easy to show that you were scum.

Why are you trying to push the idea that your role, which isn't exclusive to the town, makes you somehow a confirmed town, when it really, really doesn't? (Hint: It's because you're scum.)
So it isn't town-exclusive... dammit.

Also, I said it at the time because I'd rather not waste time trying to avoid my own mislynch (which is precisely what I'm doing now...).

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 12, 2011, 01:01:35 am »

Ha ha, right. Let's get this straight:

Get called scum once without even a vote to back it up => Go into panic mode to avoid 'mis'lynch immediately

Yeah, you're scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 12, 2011, 01:45:30 am »

Crap Post Error. Fake-Edited.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 12, 2011, 01:49:18 am »

Crap Post Error. Fake-Edited.

No edits. Not even ninja edits you can make before you get a watermark.

It's okay though. I can wait to totally dismantle your argument.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 12, 2011, 01:50:24 am »

Chainsawing is a term use towards people who viciously defend themselves after being accused of something.
No. Chainsawing means attacking somebody who is attacking your scum buddy. In this case, I just poke a little at Crown and suddenly I'm 'thrashing at the slightest detail' for some unprovable reason. Josh is attacking me for pushing something I saw as suspicious.

Max, I can only vaguely see how you would even begin to consider that chainsawing. Your argument is complete bunk, like a lot of your statements this game. It's also a poorly-veiled OMGUS on Josh, who up til now wasn't even on your scumlist. What gives with that?
What? I have suspected Josh for a long while now, and been some what public about it. What is OMGUS about it? Explain.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 12, 2011, 01:59:56 am »

Wait, full stop. You think I attacked you for attacking Crown? That's news to me.

What? I have suspected Josh for a long while now, and been some what public about it. What is OMGUS about it? Explain.

I hate agreeing with Max. Like, really really hate agreeing with Max, but yeah, we've been sissy fighting since the start of the game almost.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 12, 2011, 02:12:17 am »

Wait, full stop. You think I attacked you for attacking Crown? That's news to me.
Well who else? You? You think I'm scum because I'm attacking you? Ha! Go hang.
Anyway, that dosn't make sense in context. You claimed I was making attacks to draw attention from either Pandar or Dariush, yet I have been after you since before either of them were suspected by anybody. You either meant I was attacking somebody else to defend a suspect, or meant I was attacking you for illogical reasons.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 12, 2011, 02:50:08 am »

Didn't anticipate a chance to get back in the game. I want to take a second to apologize, as I'd intended to in my Bah Post:

Out of combined laziness and business, I hadn't read the thread, and had only had a chance to skim the arguments of others and cherry-pick ones that I liked. I hadn't even read the vote count by the time the end of the day was rolling around, and knowing I didn't have time to remedy that, and aware of my own ignorance, I abstained. I didn't realize that it would put me on the chopping block, and as such I do feel fairly responsible for my own lynching. I would like to apologize to Meph, and other players, that I spent Day 1 mostly absent. As promised, I intend to remedy that from Day 2 onward; I was glad to get a chance to swap theories with our Warlock last night, and already did an extensive read of the full thread for it. I'm even more glad to be back, and get another shot at the day game.

Anyway, onto the game. I can confirm CrownOfFire's statement, having chatted with him last night. I can't say whether he's scum or not; the only things he wrote of were asking who my top suspects were (which I provided), and to let me know that I could confirm him as Town in the event that I came back. He didn't respond when I joked that "Warlocks can't be scum Night 1, eh?", and never responded to either of my replies. I don't like the feeling I got from our 1-way exchange, and how he seems to really want me to confirm him as Town... but he may just be trying to publicly clear himself the best way he can see. If a Town Warlock, he'll be a priority target for Scum, so I'm more inclined to let him be for now, and let him show more colors as we go.

Anyway Jim, frankly speaking I don't like your style at all, nor do I have any reason to trust you or your arguments; you've got far too much conviction in your own opinions, for having so very little logic behind them. Right now, we can all see how great the crap lynch you spearheaded on Day 1 went.

Let it not be forgotten that, in order to foment my lurker-lynch, you dropped a lurker-lynch on Pandarsenic (despite agreeing that his scum-meta involved activelurking), and even went out of your way to DEFEND Pandar's lurking as "Town behavior". After that, you swapped to lead a vote on a different lurker, parroting the same two arguments repeatedly for the REST OF THE DAY (namely, "He Agreed with Max White," and "He's Lurking"). Never once did you revise your stance as the day changed, nor respond to any shifting factors. You even went so far as to attack players voting for Kilikan, claiming they were "trying to save me", while simultaneously avoiding answering questions about why Kilikan and you had identical arguments.

Where do you get off condemning one lurker, while pardoning another in the same damned post? Where the hell do you find so much conviction for such a weak lurkervote? How can you accuse someone who cherry-picks someone else's argument as Scum, while chainsaw-defending, attacking the attackers of, and arguing in protection of Kilikan, who did the same damned thing to your arguments?

You're double-standard-having scum, Jim Groovester. You just want people killed, and you don't want to look bad doing it. Your efforts to protect your wayward scumbuddy Kilikan are more than obvious, and with your weak arguments based on these petty little opinions, I have a hard time believing that you have any real suspicions at all.

Oh, I can't wait to see how much bile, piss, and vinegar you spew out when in the spotlight. There is a little part of me that will heartily enjoy this.

Spoiler: P.S. (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 70