Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278346 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 2 - 1 REPLACEMENT REQUIRED
« Reply #315 on: August 11, 2011, 06:34:13 pm »

Just can't be happy about anything, I swear. Well I'm just going to tell you that I'm not going to receive a power like that, and then sit on my hands and not use it because there's some risk involved.

Besides, that flavor is just so good.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 11, 2011, 06:38:14 pm »

Im here, expect some questions to be up later.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 11, 2011, 06:38:49 pm »

I guess we could lynch Solifuge to establish whether JoshuaFH is pious or not.
Why would we lynch a potential priest who hasn't used he's revive, when we could lynch a potential priest who has used he's power? Josh is out of cards now, assuming he is being honest, he is as useful as a townie, while Soli could still do something good. If we lynch Josh then the most we can loose is a townie, where as it is also possible that we end up lynching a necromancer.

He isn't hard scum yet, but he is soft scum with a confirmed non-power role.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 11, 2011, 06:44:05 pm »

I like to think of it as giving him a second chance to participate.

That's incredibly stupid.

That's all there really is to say about it. I could come up with arguments or whatever to support my point, but they'd be pointless.

If Solifuge really wanted to play, he would have. Giving him a second chance is a shitty reason to waste a one shot revive.

As I recall, a necromancer can bring one person back from the dead each night, and may only have one servant as a time.

They come back as zombies that do not participate in the normal Day discussion. Last time there was a necromancer anyway.

It's very unlikely JoshuaFH is a necromancer.

I guess we could lynch Solifuge to establish whether JoshuaFH is pious or not.  Or we could lynch scum.  Pandarsenic.

I'll go along with it. Pandarsenic, you have yet to do anything, really. How about you change that, and to my satisfaction, no less?

Solifuge, you're a lucky son of a bitch. How about you play the fucking game so I don't waste my time lynching your lazy ass when you should've asked for a replacement. Do ya think you could do that for me? You think that's something you might be able to do?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 11, 2011, 07:00:07 pm »

Wait, what am I thinking. Let's try this again.

Josh has used he's one shot move. Why is it that important that we know if he is pious or not?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 11, 2011, 07:06:37 pm »

Lynching JoshuaFH won't prove his piety. It didn't with Solifuge.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 11, 2011, 07:30:37 pm »

Jim, that language is much too harsh for a game. I always remembered Soli as a good player, even if he wasn't very active this time around, and so thought that I'd give him a second chance while also experimenting with my one-shot.

I am suddenly preoccupied, I will post more later.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 11, 2011, 07:46:09 pm »

I see lots of people not fully understanding roles.  Let's go over some points.

Disclaimer:  I am assuming roles haven't fundamentally changed.

1.  When a Necromancer raises a zombie, this fact is hidden.  No one sees the raised player, who has no vote, cannot be voted, cannot speak, and can only act to kill as commanded by the Necromancer.  Ergo, Solifuge is not a zombie.

2.  Lynching Josh will do nothing to reveal Solifuge's alignment.  Piety value is hidden until the game is over.  Indeed, Josh could be a pious scum priest, and we wouldn't learn anything about Solifuge from lynching him.

3.  (to Max)  Sages get hints through the night, and indeed the Sage got a "portent of demonic power" in Super2 where a demon came back.  Dreamweavers get the night PM of a random player.  If they happened to get Soli's PM (which may not have even been a valid choice, considering he was dead at night start), then he'd know how the res went.  Getting Josh's PM wouldn't help.

4.  (to Leaf)  I highly doubt Meph's script would guarantee 1 and 1 piety of two priests, regardless of their alignment.  Not a safe bet.

5.  Lynching Soli to prove Josh's piety would be pointless, since res is one shot.

Why would we lynch a potential priest who hasn't used he's revive, when we could lynch a potential priest who has used he's power? Josh is out of cards now, assuming he is being honest, he is as useful as a townie, while Soli could still do something good. If we lynch Josh then the most we can loose is a townie, where as it is also possible that we end up lynching a necromancer.

This is a bad idea to the point of being scummy.  You're setting up for a lynch on Josh... to do what, exactly?

7.  We should all vote Dariush until he can explain why there was no kill on the night I blocked him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 11, 2011, 07:50:48 pm »

1.  When a Necromancer raises a zombie, this fact is hidden.  No one sees the raised player, who has no vote, cannot be voted, cannot speak, and can only act to kill as commanded by the Necromancer.  Ergo, Solifuge is not a zombie.
That's a different role - I was talking about one on IRC which is basically a cult leader that revives dead people.

4.  (to Leaf)  I highly doubt Meph's script would guarantee 1 and 1 piety of two priests, regardless of their alignment.  Not a safe bet.
I'm pretty sure that at least one of them will be unpious though (metagaming).  Otherwise it'd be a pretty strong pro-town force.

7.  We should all vote Dariush until he can explain why there was no kill on the night I blocked him.
Why did you block Dariush when Kilikan was your top suspect all day?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 11, 2011, 07:54:29 pm »

Toaster, what exactly are you claiming to be?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #325 on: August 11, 2011, 08:04:46 pm »

Toaster's claimed RB (exact flavor unknown at this point), Josh claimed Priest (effectively nothing now), and we know Solifuge is a Priest as well.

However, there's always been a third party SK in previous Supernaturals, right? Now that opens up a few possibilities.

1. Scum is cult, and Toaster is a RB and was lucky. (Dariush SK)
2. Scum is "standard", Toaster is a RB and was lucky, and the non-blocked one targeted a Knight. (Dariush SK or scum)
3. SK targeted Knight and scum is cult. (unknown on both)
4. Somebody no-killed.
5. There's a second RB or two knights, or something else role-related.

I think that covers all the possibilities for why there was no kill. Well, most of them, anyway.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 11, 2011, 08:17:19 pm »

Leaf and Jim:
Why did you block Dariush when Kilikan was your top suspect all day?

Toaster, what exactly are you claiming to be?

Same answer:  I'm a Guard (aka Jailkeeper.)  I figured Kilakan would catch inspections, so I picked someone else that was on my scumlist.  I waffled between Dariush and Max, and eventually decided on Dariush.

Jim:  Does it really matter what flavor of blocker I'm claiming at this point?

Crown:  Do you have any analysis to go along with that information?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 11, 2011, 08:19:57 pm »

Lynching JoshuaFH won't prove his piety. It didn't with Solifuge.

A non-piety preist is still town, right? As Josh says he has used he's revive, does it matter now? We care about he's role, but if they isn't tied to he's piety then why should we care? Why would we lynch to prove something worthless?

This is a bad idea to the point of being scummy.  You're setting up for a lynch on Josh... to do what, exactly?
And what makes you think I don't want him lynched? I still think he is scum, and the way is is trying hard to downplay he's mislynch isn't helping.

This looks a little like role fishing to me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 11, 2011, 08:28:30 pm »

Max:
And what makes you think I don't want him lynched? I still think he is scum, and the way is is trying hard to downplay he's mislynch isn't helping.

Did you ever get anything more than "gut feeling?"  If you want him lynched, why aren't you voting him?

This looks a little like role fishing to me.

I'll find out his role when we lynch him.  That's good enough for me.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 11, 2011, 08:37:00 pm »

Did you ever get anything more than "gut feeling?"  If you want him lynched, why aren't you voting him?
Well right now he is trying way too hard to justify he's mislynch without giving any reasons why Soli looked scummy to him.
And the hammer, you know the saying, "when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."
So basicaly he is trying to say that because he dosn't have any night abilities, everything looked like scum and so that is why he mislynched.
Also... Oh yea.
Josh: Why are you trying so hard to justify your mislynch?

I'll find out his role when we lynch him.  That's good enough for me.
Very well, assuming we lynch him. I'm sort of interested in what he has to say though. Is there a way to answer that question without claiming? Should be fun to see.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 70