Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278385 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Supernatural creatures hate Barons
« Reply #255 on: August 07, 2011, 12:30:53 am »

Vector:  Prior vote count to your post:

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Dariush: JoshuaFH
JoshuaFH: Dariush, Jokerman-EXE
kilakan: lordnincompoop, Max White, Solifuge, Toaster
Max White: Pandarsenic
Pandarsenic: Leafsnail
Solifuge: Jim Groovester, kilakan, Vector

Solifuge

That puts Soli ahead 4-3.

Max White

Taking your vote off Soli ties it up at 3.

Actual analysis tomorrow.  It's too late for more critical thinking.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 07, 2011, 12:31:40 am »

Ahhh, it was the removal of the vote rather than the placing of the vote.  Thank you for the explanation.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 07, 2011, 12:56:21 am »

Sorry, guys. I got called into work unexpectedly and I've been absolutely exhausted. I really have been playing sloppily lately.

If you're going to yell about lurkers, don't forget Jokerman.  RVS is long over, bubba!

Hey now, I know I've been lurking and you've every right to point it out, but I've had a hell of a lot more contribution than a lot of other players this game. Nothing for it but to fix it.

You honestly think that I think a vote on you ...

You think he's going down the road to WIFOM? I mean, does that part of what you said make sense even to you? I was baffled for a moment when I scanned over that.

You might not have realized that you were tying the vote, but you also didn't do anything to fix it, even when your case was, for the most part, deflected. You ignored the fact that you were locking up the vote (which, as you say here, is enough of a reason to even go as far as cast a bandwagon vote.) You then cling to a case that's increasingly hard to defend. For now, you're going to have to deal with my suspicion (and my vote, Vector) until I see better. You're not as sharp as you usually are, it seems.

kilakan: Firstly, chill out a little bit. I'm all for colorful language, but can we try to keep it a little bit more tasteful?

You also ducked out very suspiciously when your case was being tested. Let's hear what you have to say about everything that's transpired since your last post.

So tired. Work in the morning. I'm really sorry, when I signed up I thought I had more time to play. I hate being that guy.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 07, 2011, 01:11:55 am »

Yeah, it makes sense to me, though that is probably because I wrote it.  I distinctly remember trying to figure out how to clarify the statement.

I didn't fix my tying of the vote because I didn't know I was tying the vote.  Why would I fix a problem whose existence I didn't know about?

And yes, I continued to interrogate Max White after finding that my initial reasons were total bunk.  It seemed as good a time as any other to work on figuring out his alignment.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 07, 2011, 04:28:01 am »

Slow weekend... Well Kilakan is doing just about nothing to clear he's name. No scum hunting, no addressing the reasons people are voting him, just a few lame stabs at me. I also find it interesting, reading back over the thread, that Kilakan seemed to try and be reasonable while trying to get me to vote Soli, and as soon as we get an extension he is back to attacking me.

Screw it, voting for Soli isn't doing any good if he doesn't even read the thread. He isn't just lurking, he seems to have forgotten about the game. Kilakan, go hang.

Can you expand on that last sentence?  Your next vote was on Kilakan, not Josh; yet you're threatening Josh here.
Voting Kilakan was to stop a tie when there was about an hour and a half of  day left, and I didn't know if we were going to get an extend. I pretty much had to vote either Soli or Kilakan, or run the massive risk of ending the day in a tie, so Kilakan got the vote.

Josh I still think is scum. Maybe one day I can prove it...

What are you doing to do so?
Good question. I don't really know right now, to be honest I'm sort of waiting for night to come, and maybe somebody with some inspect will check him out or something. Apart from that, I don't know what I can do right now, unless he becomes more active, and is more likely to slip up.

It seemed as good a time as any other to work on figuring out his alignment.
You know how politicians repeat the same line over and over when they are lying and want to cover it up?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 07, 2011, 05:02:50 am »

You know how politicians repeat the same line over and over when they are lying and want to cover it up?

You know how people make shit up that isn't relevant to make a point?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 07, 2011, 08:47:41 am »

kilakan: Firstly, chill out a little bit. I'm all for colorful language, but can we try to keep it a little bit more tasteful?
My mother broke her leg last night I've spent the last 28 hours in a hospital while she had surgery (it ripped right through all the muscles and tendons and was causing internal bleeding)  so I am finally home now with my 70 year old mum sleeping on the couch.  I have to go to work at the moment but a bit later today I can actually get back to this and respond.
Nom nom nom

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 07, 2011, 12:31:38 pm »

It seemed as good a time as any other to work on figuring out his alignment.

You know how different people keep asking me the same fucking question over and over again?

What am I supposed to do, make up something else every time someone asks me the same thing?  Look at the causes, look at the effects, stop being so stupid.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 07, 2011, 12:54:47 pm »

Jim:
This reasoning on Max is crap.

You actually read those? I skimmed over them because Max White and kilakan arguing about how good Max White's questions were looked like a waste of their time and a waste of mine.

Is the stuff in there really worth voting over? It looks a lot like quibbling over pointless minutiae instead of anything really scummy.

It's mostly timewasting, but I really think Kilakan was trying to make a case out of complete crap.

What about Max White voting Vector because she voted him so he couldn't vote her back (his words)?

It's nonsense, but it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for his follow up post...  (Current read on him is now "keep an eye on him.")

Max:  People say stupid things and realize it later- it happens.  You said something stupid to Vector, get called on it, then come this post you start pretending it never happened.  Why did you just ignore it rather than giving it some sort of conclusion?

Good question. I don't really know right now, to be honest I'm sort of waiting for night to come, and maybe somebody with some inspect will check him out or something. Apart from that, I don't know what I can do right now, unless he becomes more active, and is more likely to slip up.

This is incredibly lazy.  Waiting on someone else's theoretical nightgame to cover your lack of daygame is a pathetic joke.  If you want him scum hunted, do it yourself rather than casting suspicions on him then ignoring it yourself.

Pandar should post more.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 07, 2011, 03:13:50 pm »

I've been pretty sick today. I'm still very much under the weather right now, so I'm going to post this one thing and try to wake up a bit earlier tomorrow or something.

Max, I very much dislike your current behaviour. I don't much like how you're repeatedly jumping from one thing to the next without bringing something strong to the table, either.

No, it was LNCP telling me that my first game, that one was fun.

What are you claiming I said?

Relying on others to do things for you is unwise.

Well, wouldn't you be defensive when attacked? I don't really see why this is that special to you.
Course I would be defensive when being attacked, but the problem was he eventually became overly defensive on the subject.  I don't think it's special, or particularly relevant, just added in so it showed how he changed over the course of the game.  A transition.

Well, that was pretty much the only original argument I could spot. Now you're telling me it doesn't matter.

You're been completely useless, then. All you've done is ride off of what other people say, hacking them up into rickety little cases. I really don't see why you shouldn't be the one to die tonight.

Right. That's an amazing tell you found there - let me change my vote right away.

Did I say it was a scum tell?  No I did not, I just said I thought he was uneasy on the subject of his questions.  You are putting words in my mouth and pulling things outta nowhere.

Right, so you just told be it was a "transition" - and irrelevant at that. That's pretty BS, since you very clearly presented it as some sort of damning evidence.

Supposing for a moment that you're not being a jackass, why did you even include it? If not as evidence, why would you include some useless piece of info that'd just clutter your case up?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 07, 2011, 04:02:48 pm »

Argh, My mother's stitching split open after surgery and I am back at the hospital on my phone.  There's no way I can continue this, lynch me, replace me, whatever I don't have time to play.
Nom nom nom

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 07, 2011, 09:21:18 pm »

Screw it, voting for Soli isn't doing any good if he doesn't even read the thread. He isn't just lurking, he seems to have forgotten about the game. Kilakan, go hang.
This is stupid.  If Solifuge was scummy enough to vote for before lurking, he's scummy enough now.

Speaking of which, why the hell is Kilikan being lynched?  All I can see is "Your arguments here, here, and here are bad, THEREFORE YOU'RE SCUM HERE'S A VOTE".  Or chronic lurkers who dropped votes on him ages ago.  Everything about kilikan at the moment screams "Lurky day one mislynch".

I'd much rather hang obvious scum (Pandarsenic's just over there - he's still scum, just scum that's decided that not playing will allow him to avoid being lynched a bit longer, since so many players are insisting we shouldn't do anything to fight lurkers).  CrownofFire would probably be my next choice since he decided to drop off the face of the earth rather than face some difficult questions over what's so scummy about ultimatums, instead preferring to just leave his vote on someone who he's fairly sure will hang regardless of whether he plays anymore or not.

However, I guess since noone cares about Pandarsenic right now I'll unvote him and switch to Solifuge, yet another scummy player who seems to have decided not to play.  In addition to triggering that scumtell that Toaster seems to have attached his name to, his kilikan vote was completely nonsensical and clearly copied (I'll believe one person making a stupid error like that, but I won't believe a second person making exactly the same one and implicitly assuming it's scummy).  He also has the whole aura of "I don't want to get into any fights", and promptly stopped playing as soon as Jim gave him the slightest challenge.

Interesting fact no 1: Solifuge was online today.
Interesting fact no 2: Since he last posted here, Solifuge has made no fewer than 37 posts elsewhere in the forum.

It's almost as if he's decided that lurking and allowing the Kilikan lynch to go ahead is the safest option for him since so many people refuse to touch lurkers.  Ho hum.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 07, 2011, 09:44:48 pm »

All right.  I guess this is the point where I have to agree with Leafsnail, because I'm not seeing any of the active people as scum right now.

Solifuge.  Play or die.

Meph, can we get prods on the lurkers?  Please?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 07, 2011, 09:55:13 pm »

Solifuge.  Play or die.

How about just die?

If you make it play or die, I'll guarantee you that he'll show up once before the deadline to satisfy the people who want his blood, and then he'll disappear, never to participate again until his ass is on the line for lurking again. It's long past the point where his lurking is anywhere near forgivable.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 07, 2011, 11:28:37 pm »

Oh, I meant play as in "play up a storm the likes of which would impress even Dakarian."  You know.  Activity!  Throwing votes here and there!  Grand gestures!  He'd have a while to start, pretty much all of which he has already used up, so... moot point.  But whatever.

This is why I did not say, for example, "post or die."

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 70