Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278018 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Supernatural creatures hate Barons
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2011, 09:21:50 pm »

I still do some really stupid stuff occasionally though :P
The Smiley face, coupled with the 'don't trust what I do, because I could be stupid' rings so many wrong bells for me CrownofFire.  Explain what this is for a response, and what you intended to get from a line like that.
First of all, this is only my second game of forum Mafia, so obviously I'm not going to be perfect in any way. All I'm trying to say that while "newbie-tells" are less likely to happen with me, they're still going to happen.

Second, putting suspicion on me for "using a smiley" is a bullshit reason.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2011, 09:23:08 pm »

Now then... Jokerman-EXE! If you were the equivalent of this setup's cop, whom would you investigate? Also, how likely do you feel that you would be a first night investigate? ... Investigatee? Whatever.

Vector, Pandar, Toaster, and Solifuge. Maybe not in that order, but they're the people whose alignment I would want to confirm forthwith. If I knew they were town, I would be able to build stronger cases against others because of that knowledge; and obviously, if I knew they were scum, then it would be easy to make a case against them.

Do I think I would be the first-night choice for an investigation? If you're looking for a target, I'm flattered, but the answer to your question depends on the one who has the inspection. I'm sure that there are some people, like Jim or IronyOwl, who would love to inspect me right away. Others might not find me so interesting. After my performance in the last game that I played, I think it's pretty likely that I may be.

Joshua, I don't like how you're acting. You're babbling and it feels more like you're trying to drive suspicion away from yourself by diverting the conversation. No hunting is happening. So please, give me one good reason why you believed that such a long post which accomplishes nothing other than self-preservation, has any place here, as opposed to good scumhunting.

Jake, how about your reasons for your vote? Seeing as all I've got from you are a series of random questions and a vote of the same type.

PPE: well, all right. Unvote. Multiple votes aren't needed to put pressure on you to hear your answer, but know that the intent is there. If I don't like your answers, then you've earned the vote.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2011, 09:27:37 pm »

The Smiley face, coupled with the 'don't trust what I do, because I could be stupid' rings so many wrong bells for me CrownofFire.  Explain what this is for a response, and what you intended to get from a line like that.
First of all, this is only my second game of forum Mafia, so obviously I'm not going to be perfect in any way. All I'm trying to say that while "newbie-tells" are less likely to happen with me, they're still going to happen.

Doing things like that makes you seem dodgy and aloof.  The reason for the stupid stuff part is valid, but frankly when someone uses smiley faces in a game like this it  makes them seem to be drawing merit away from their statements by making the reader feel as if they are just joking about what they are saying.
Nom nom nom

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2011, 09:28:44 pm »

I was going to see if Joshua was going to crack. I just pulled a name from my magic top hat and it was his. Unvote
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2011, 09:29:35 pm »

I was going to see if Joshua was going to crack. I just pulled a name from my magic top hat and it was his. Unvote

More pressure needed than that.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2011, 09:29:45 pm »

Jim: Always a pleasure! You know, I think I find your style of play the most entertaining to watch, glad to see you in this game. So, not much info given about each of the roles... How do you feel about that?

Worthless flattery is worthless.

The limited town role information isn't as much of an obstacle as it would have been if this were the first Supernatural Mafia, because there are previous games to look at and the town roles, as far as I know, haven't changed between them.

The problem is that the scum roles are still mostly unknown. So far there's been two rounds of Verevolves (1 and RP) and they act like a pretty standard scum team, with special verevolf roles to help them. There's been a Cult (2), and I don't quite remember how dangerous they were. And then there's been one round of Vampires (3), and they were viciously dangerous because they were a cult (in functionality, not name), and also because I was the Vampire Lord and converted Toaster who was a SK on Night 1.

What the makeup of the scumteam is drastically affects how dangerous they are, and unfortunately, there's no way for us to know how dangerous it is until Night 1, when we find out what the flavor of the kill is. This still doesn't tell us how many scum there are, and there's always the possibility of dangerous third parties.

Doing an excellent job of scumhunting is generally the best course of action, and especially so in this game.

When was the last time I played with you Vector? I sincerely can't remember. While that is rhetorical, I would like to ask: Whom would you like as a scumbuddy? I presume that such an answer will draw from your prior experience, so would you also answer why that particular person?

I would also like someone to fire a question at me, because I feel lonely and left out right now.

Have it your way.

You're giving me funny vibes, with all your talk about nervousness, and how your eccentricities got you mislynched. Makes me think you're prepping a defense for yourself in the future. "Oh, you think I'm scum? Remember all that talk about nervousness and yap yap yap yap yap yap I'm just nervous 'tis all."

Why are you making such a point to mention your nervousness, and mention mislynches, and not just lynches in general?

I don't take kindly to scum who activelurk their way through the game until a bandwagon forms that they can jump on, Joshua.
Joshua I think you are scum. Anything you'd like to say?

Right. This isn't alarming at all.

lordnincompoop, let's say you're some flavor of SK. What would you look for in a Night 1 night kill target?

I'd give you shit for this but I'm going to eat dinner right now.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2011, 09:33:53 pm »

I don't take kindly to scum who activelurk their way through the game until a bandwagon forms that they can jump on, Joshua.

Elaborate.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2011, 09:36:14 pm »

Do you mean that it was random?  Cause the top hat part makes me think you meant it to be, but the pressure part contradicts yourself.  Then you go ahead and fold, without telling me why you thought he could be scum.  So let me rephrase Why do you think the extra pressure of two votes on him was necessary?
Nom nom nom

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2011, 09:39:35 pm »

See if you weren't new, I would be driving a vote through your heart, but as it stands your actions have also been in line with a newbie. Still, hate to hand out Org Shields, so know I'm watching.

Firstly, when you vote, make sure you are thinking for yourself, and not just following somebody. You think Josh is scum? Good! So question him, prod him, press him. Make sure of your claims before you get on board with voting to lynch. Although you did include a question with your vote, and that was good, it is nice to be a little more specific with your probes.
Secondly, somehow I don't think you just pulled he's name from a hat at all, but rather because you saw me attacking him and thought to do the same. Make sure you are as honest as you can afford to be, town or scum. When you see one player attack another, and the second looks like scum, it is ok to join in and press him a little, otherwise nobody would ever get more than one vote.
Thirdly, Josh hasn't even replied yet, and you unvote? You just cracked under pressure. Stick to your guns when you honestly think somebody is scum.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2011, 09:41:40 pm »

Doing things like that makes you seem dodgy and aloof.  The reason for the stupid stuff part is valid, but frankly when someone uses smiley faces in a game like this it  makes them seem to be drawing merit away from their statements by making the reader feel as if they are just joking about what they are saying.
Well of course I'm just joking. There's no need to be 100% serious all the time. Especially the first day when everybody's just randomly throwing around votes anyway. I mean, I'm serious about the statement itself, but the manner in which I say it is jokingly.

Also while I'm here, Unvote Jokerman, your answer is satisfactory enough for now.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2011, 09:43:08 pm »

Got any suspicions, CrownofFire?  Or are you just going to sit there?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2011, 09:46:18 pm »

See if you weren't new, I would be driving a vote through your heart, but as it stands your actions have also been in line with a newbie. Still, hate to hand out Org Shields, so know I'm watching.

Firstly, when you vote, make sure you are thinking for yourself, and not just following somebody. You think Josh is scum? Good! So question him, prod him, press him. Make sure of your claims before you get on board with voting to lynch. Although you did include a question with your vote, and that was good, it is nice to be a little more specific with your probes.
Secondly, somehow I don't think you just pulled he's name from a hat at all, but rather because you saw me attacking him and thought to do the same. Make sure you are as honest as you can afford to be, town or scum. When you see one player attack another, and the second looks like scum, it is ok to join in and press him a little, otherwise nobody would ever get more than one vote.
Thirdly, Josh hasn't even replied yet, and you unvote? You just cracked under pressure. Stick to your guns when you honestly think somebody is scum.
So he bandwagons you and then you just shrug it off, say it could be newbie but you aren't sure and then go on to give him advice?  Max white this rings of you attempting to protect him by calling him out as a newbie, and then handing out game advice to him as if he actually is.  Let him learn the god damn game in a beginners Mafia, unless you are partnered with him and want to keep him alive while teaching him to play.

Well of course I'm just joking. There's no need to be 100% serious all the time. Especially the first day when everybody's just randomly throwing around votes anyway. I mean, I'm serious about the statement itself, but the manner in which I say it is jokingly.

Also while I'm here, Unvote Jokerman, your answer is satisfactory enough for now.
So someone attempting to take on a joking attitude isn't wrong or scummy at all to you?
Nom nom nom

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2011, 09:51:01 pm »

So he bandwagons you and then you just shrug it off, say it could be newbie but you aren't sure and then go on to give him advice?  Max white this rings of you attempting to protect him by calling him out as a newbie, and then handing out game advice to him as if he actually is.  Let him learn the god damn game in a beginners Mafia, unless you are partnered with him and want to keep him alive while teaching him to play.
Kilakan, he is a newbie. Read the pregame talk, this is the first game he has ever played.
Also, did you just try to put an ultimatum over my head that I either join you in voting for him, or I must be he's partner?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2011, 09:51:42 pm »

Elaborate.

Two votes quickly materialized on JoshuaFH for reasons I'm not entirely clear on or don't see the merit in.

I don't really think JoshuaFH said he was just going to sit around and activelurk all day. jakeread1's been getting what he deserved for his vote.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2011, 09:55:07 pm »

Let him learn the god damn game in a beginners Mafia, unless you are partnered with him and want to keep him alive while teaching him to play.

But it doesn't bother you when I do it, huh?

Funny.  Keep your eyes wider open, sonny boy.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 70