Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278033 times)

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Supernatural creatures hate Barons
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2011, 07:45:11 pm »

Thanks vector!

Joshua do you enjoy playing scum?
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2011, 07:47:01 pm »

Quite differently. For one, they're obviously shorter, and everyone responds fairly quickly, so it tends to be fairly fast paced. Second, because it's shorter and in IRC format, people don't tend to be quite as wordy as they do here. And third, there tends to be a lot more "weird" setups, so I'm rather used to really weird things happening (like everybody turning into a Goo). Overall though, they're both still Mafia.
Ok then, I'll take that to mean that I won't need to try and tell scum tells from newbie tells. Makes things a little more clear.
I still do some really stupid stuff occasionally though :P

JoshuaFH: You want a question. So, out of the listed Town roles and the limited knowledge that we have of them, which would you rather be?

Oh, quite! I would like to be a Knight, since the description hints at kill immunity of some kind. I really despise being NK'd.

I really do enjoy the flavor that Meph's games have. Also, same question back at you.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2011, 07:49:36 pm »

Yes, thank you, now I get to exposit, expound, and explain.

I would like to tell everyone, I'm actually really nervous. Nervous if only because I actually haven't scumhunted in a very long time, and I worry about my old reputation as a fairly decent player that actually wrote the tutorial on mafia. Now, when I'm not sure what to do, I remember back to my old days of playing with WA, and I think 'what would he do?', and given the early state of the game, that answer was 'shoot off a bullshit question at someone you have some knowledge of, and gauge the reaction'. Of course, she knew better than to let anything show. A nulltell.

Once the game gets further underway, my nerve will wear down, I'm sure. and I'll become less verbose, if that's bothering you. Is it?
Whoa, what was that about? You look like you just saw a ghost!
Who said anything about you looking nervous? I didn't think you were nervous, I just wanted you to explain a little about what you were hoping to get out of that question, and you start telling me that your not at the top of your game yet, and if you look nervous it is because you need to keep up face value.
Also, if it was clear before hand that Vector would cut through that one with ease and not give anything away, regardless of role, why bother? Hell, it isn't hard to read over the first few pages of anther mafia game, perhaps one from your past, and see what you did there if you feel unsure. There are also the other free supernatural mafia games, so no need to do something pointless because you have nothing else to do.
And finally, no, I would like people to be sharp and ready. Get into game, because otherwise your no help to the town.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2011, 07:55:26 pm »

Quite differently. For one, they're obviously shorter, and everyone responds fairly quickly, so it tends to be fairly fast paced. Second, because it's shorter and in IRC format, people don't tend to be quite as wordy as they do here. And third, there tends to be a lot more "weird" setups, so I'm rather used to really weird things happening (like everybody turning into a Goo). Overall though, they're both still Mafia.
Ok then, I'll take that to mean that I won't need to try and tell scum tells from newbie tells. Makes things a little more clear.

JoshuaFH: You want a question. So, out of the listed Town roles and the limited knowledge that we have of them, which would you rather be?

Oh, quite! I would like to be a Knight, since the description hints at kill immunity of some kind. I really despise being NK'd.

I really do enjoy the flavor that Meph's games have. Also, same question back at you.
I think that the Witch role hints at a Mason-like group, which is always good to have. Monster Hunter sounds like a vig, which I also find very useful. Mystic probably has some kind of investigate, and that's nice to have. Basically, anything that lets me narrow my choices down.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2011, 07:58:45 pm »

Thanks vector!

Joshua do you enjoy playing scum?

Oh yes, absolutely. My scum victories always made me feel like an evil villain.

The secret is that Webadict's next step is to say "AHA!  Thus you must be scum!" and lay on a hell of a lot more pressure.

Now you find someone else, vote them, and hope it works better next time.

WA did have a unique brand of bastardry that I was never able to emulate.

I think I'll chill out for the time being now. For some reason, I want Dariush to in here and join us.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2011, 08:00:31 pm »

... Wow, I didn't think you'd show yourself as such obvscum so fast, Josh.

I'm disappointed.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2011, 08:02:13 pm »

Well then do you enjoy this round Joshua?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2011, 08:04:22 pm »

Yes, thank you, now I get to exposit, expound, and explain.

I would like to tell everyone, I'm actually really nervous. Nervous if only because I actually haven't scumhunted in a very long time, and I worry about my old reputation as a fairly decent player that actually wrote the tutorial on mafia. Now, when I'm not sure what to do, I remember back to my old days of playing with WA, and I think 'what would he do?', and given the early state of the game, that answer was 'shoot off a bullshit question at someone you have some knowledge of, and gauge the reaction'. Of course, she knew better than to let anything show. A nulltell.

Once the game gets further underway, my nerve will wear down, I'm sure. and I'll become less verbose, if that's bothering you. Is it?
Whoa, what was that about? You look like you just saw a ghost!
Who said anything about you looking nervous? I didn't think you were nervous, I just wanted you to explain a little about what you were hoping to get out of that question, and you start telling me that your not at the top of your game yet, and if you look nervous it is because you need to keep up face value.
Also, if it was clear before hand that Vector would cut through that one with ease and not give anything away, regardless of role, why bother? Hell, it isn't hard to read over the first few pages of anther mafia game, perhaps one from your past, and see what you did there if you feel unsure. There are also the other free supernatural mafia games, so no need to do something pointless because you have nothing else to do.
And finally, no, I would like people to be sharp and ready. Get into game, because otherwise your no help to the town.

Thank you for that enlightening post Max, though really, I was just venting that one bit of me to cool down. Just agitating conversation is enough for me at the moment, I'll piece something more significant together once the game has aged a tad.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2011, 08:08:10 pm »

Thank you for that enlightening post Max, though really, I was just venting that one bit of me to cool down. Just agitating conversation is enough for me at the moment, I'll piece something more significant together once the game has aged a tad.
So you will just sort of hang around until after the RVS, once some suspects come into light?
Is that what your trying to say? It reads that way to me, but I would hate to misquote you.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2011, 08:17:46 pm »

So you will just sort of hang around until after the RVS, once some suspects come into light?
Is that what your trying to say? It reads that way to me, but I would hate to misquote you.

Yes, that what I'm trying to say.

... Wow, I didn't think you'd show yourself as such obvscum so fast, Josh.

I'm disappointed.

You wound me Vector. Actually, I can name a couple times where my nervous eccentricities have gotten me mislynched. I am poignantly ashamed of them all.

Well then do you enjoy this round Joshua?

Tsk, I see what you did there.

I am officially chilling out on this hot day.

Now.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2011, 08:20:29 pm »

Yes, that what I'm trying to say.
I don't take kindly to scum who activelurk their way through the game until a bandwagon forms that they can jump on, Joshua.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2011, 08:21:42 pm »

. . . Fine, I'll ask it about it after you get your answer.

I have no interest in protecting him, though, nor need.  He's proved he's a rabid little bastard when he wants to be through the BM series.
Well if you have no interest in protecting him, perhaps you'll explain why you stepped in to undermine a question that was clearly directed at someone other than you, and then backed off as soon as I challenged you over it?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2011, 08:25:18 pm »

Well if you have no interest in protecting him, perhaps you'll explain why you stepped in to undermine a question that was clearly directed at someone other than you, and then backed off as soon as I challenged you over it?

Because I hate burden of proof questions and don't consider them reasonable townie behavior.  It looked suspicious, so I asked about it.

I backed off because I realized that the question in and of itself didn't need to be immediately challenged, and indeed I should have waited to see how you played the question, rather than assuming it was necessarily going to be negative.

All the same, in the early game I try to go for everything I can so that the day will begin on a good foot.  It was a mistake in some ways and a good move in others.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2011, 08:50:58 pm »

Joshua I think you are scum. Anything you'd like to say?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2011, 09:14:29 pm »

kilakan.  Let's say there's a one-shot daykill floating around.

Why exactly shouldn't you be the target?
It would depend on who was using the daykill, and what their motives would be.   

The Smiley face, coupled with the 'don't trust what I do, because I could be stupid' rings so many wrong bells for me CrownofFire.  Explain what this is for a response, and what you intended to get from a line like that.

Joshua I think you are scum. Anything you'd like to say?
jakeread1-Tell me why you think he's scum and some more reasons for your vote, this looks like a badly preformed bandwagon onto MaxWhites line of attack.

I realize this is a very minimal post for having two pages on information to go on, but I've been in the sun all day, and it's 11:00PM.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 70