Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278004 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Supernatural creatures hate Barons
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2011, 06:00:53 pm »

Max White: This is my second game in Bay12, but I've played IRC Mafia quite a bit before, and consider myself a fairly good player.

Now then... Jokerman-EXE! If you were the equivalent of this setup's cop, whom would you investigate? Also, how likely do you feel that you would be a first night investigate? ... Investigatee? Whatever.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2011, 06:13:09 pm »

Hello everyone!

Meph: Are we permitted to know the number of mafia there are in this game?

Vector: Hey Vectory, who's your scumbuddy?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2011, 06:15:28 pm »

Meph: Are we permitted to know the number of mafia there are in this game?

Details on the scum are unknown at this time.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2011, 06:31:18 pm »

Well max I plan to learn by trial and error!
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2011, 06:38:26 pm »

Crown: Hmm, well I have been led to believe that the IRC games work a little differently to the normal ones, do you think that is the case? And if so, do you think it will affect your play?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2011, 07:02:57 pm »

Vector: Good morning! I don't think I have ever asked you, do you enjoy playing as scum, or town more? Do you like to hunt or be hunted?

Kinda depends on what's been going on in my life.  Some days I just can't read people for beans, and it's more fun to just hang back and pick folks off.  The external pressure is what's necessary.  Some days I'm really sharp, and what I want to do is try to read people, see what I can get out of it.

So, I guess my answer is that I like both pretty much equally when you integrate over time.

kilakan.  Let's say there's a one-shot daykill floating around.

Why exactly shouldn't you be the target?

This sounds like that shitty old burden of proof question, Leafsnail.  What were you hoping to get out of it?

No one.  This would be because I'm not scum.

Well max I plan to learn by trial and error!

First step: ask someone a question and plop a vote on them.  Works better if they haven't already been voted by someone else, and if you're asking a new question.  Example pending.

Solifuge.

a. What do you know about this setup, if anything?  Do you have any game-specific tips or tricks to reveal?
b. Who would you most prefer to be on a scumteam with you?  Do you enjoy playing scum?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2011, 07:06:34 pm »

This sounds like that shitty old burden of proof question, Leafsnail.  What were you hoping to get out of it?
I was hoping to get an answer from kilikan rather than having you step in to protect him and randomly FoS me.  This event is plenty interesting too though.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2011, 07:11:24 pm »

I was hoping to get an answer from kilikan rather than having you step in to protect him and randomly FoS me.  This event is plenty interesting too though.

. . . Fine, I'll ask it about it after you get your answer.

I have no interest in protecting him, though, nor need.  He's proved he's a rabid little bastard when he wants to be through the BM series.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2011, 07:12:00 pm »

Crown: Hmm, well I have been led to believe that the IRC games work a little differently to the normal ones, do you think that is the case? And if so, do you think it will affect your play?
Quite differently. For one, they're obviously shorter, and everyone responds fairly quickly, so it tends to be fairly fast paced. Second, because it's shorter and in IRC format, people don't tend to be quite as wordy as they do here. And third, there tends to be a lot more "weird" setups, so I'm rather used to really weird things happening (like everybody turning into a Goo). Overall though, they're both still Mafia.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2011, 07:12:35 pm »

When was the last time I played with you Vector? I sincerely can't remember. While that is rhetorical, I would like to ask: Whom would you like as a scumbuddy? I presume that such an answer will draw from your prior experience, so would you also answer why that particular person?

I would also like someone to fire a question at me, because I feel lonely and left out right now.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2011, 07:15:36 pm »

When was the last time I played with you Vector? I sincerely can't remember. While that is rhetorical, I would like to ask: Whom would you like as a scumbuddy? I presume that such an answer will draw from your prior experience, so would you also answer why that particular person?

I actually don't know if we've even ever played a game together.  I can't remember a single thing about your style, and my strongest memory of you is through the Weirdo Mafia series... pretty long time ago, I guess.

For a scumbuddy, I think I'd be pretty happy with LNCP, Toaster, IronyOwl, or Leafsnail.  They're all pretty well-rounded players, and dependable.  My style is finicky and generally depends on a strong base of other players who are reasonably predictable and know what they're doing.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2011, 07:20:23 pm »

Quite differently. For one, they're obviously shorter, and everyone responds fairly quickly, so it tends to be fairly fast paced. Second, because it's shorter and in IRC format, people don't tend to be quite as wordy as they do here. And third, there tends to be a lot more "weird" setups, so I'm rather used to really weird things happening (like everybody turning into a Goo). Overall though, they're both still Mafia.
Ok then, I'll take that to mean that I won't need to try and tell scum tells from newbie tells. Makes things a little more clear.

I would also like someone to fire a question at me, because I feel lonely and left out right now.
All righty then, what should I make of this?
Now I have always thought questions like this were a somebodies attempts at looking like they were doing something, when they have nothing. At one point somebody (I think that was Vector...) told me that is is a trip wire for new players who might forget what they are meant to be keeping a secret, but surly you don't think Vector is that foolish? So what did you hope to get from this?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2011, 07:39:27 pm »

Ok then, I'll take that to mean that I won't need to try and tell scum tells from newbie tells. Makes things a little more clear.
I still do some really stupid stuff occasionally though :P

JoshuaFH: You want a question. So, out of the listed Town roles and the limited knowledge that we have of them, which would you rather be?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2011, 07:40:05 pm »

Thank you (unvote) Vector.

All righty then, what should I make of this?
Now I have always thought questions like this were a somebodies attempts at looking like they were doing something, when they have nothing. At one point somebody (I think that was Vector...) told me that is is a trip wire for new players who might forget what they are meant to be keeping a secret, but surly you don't think Vector is that foolish? So what did you hope to get from this?

Yes, thank you, now I get to exposit, expound, and explain.

I would like to tell everyone, I'm actually really nervous. Nervous if only because I actually haven't scumhunted in a very long time, and I worry about my old reputation as a fairly decent player that actually wrote the tutorial on mafia. Now, when I'm not sure what to do, I remember back to my old days of playing with WA, and I think 'what would he do?', and given the early state of the game, that answer was 'shoot off a bullshit question at someone you have some knowledge of, and gauge the reaction'. Of course, she knew better than to let anything show. A nulltell.

Once the game gets further underway, my nerve will wear down, I'm sure. and I'll become less verbose, if that's bothering you. Is it?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2011, 07:42:52 pm »

The secret is that Webadict's next step is to say "AHA!  Thus you must be scum!" and lay on a hell of a lot more pressure.

Now you find someone else, vote them, and hope it works better next time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 70