Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278273 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 3 - 2 Replacements needed
« Reply #540 on: August 23, 2011, 06:13:28 pm »

Triple that on the been busy lately bandwagon.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 23, 2011, 06:41:09 pm »

Are we going to extend the day then? Seems everybody is a little pressed for time.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 23, 2011, 06:53:02 pm »

Yeah, I'll need an extend, unless I have the most productive afternoon in the history of mafia.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 23, 2011, 08:56:00 pm »

Extend's cool.

Ugh.  I'm hard pressed to come up with leads- I didn't get anything from studying Dariush.  I'll just go with questioning some people I think it could be.

Jokerman:  Why did you wait until here to even mention Dariush, despite your "standing policy?

Jim Groovester:  In addition to the question in my post above, whatever happened to your case on Max?  Yesterday you posted this about him:

Why can't he be idiotic scum? Where's that option?

I would think that the reasons I switched my vote would be evident because of how Max White is dropping scum tells from every orifice and how I've been repeating the exact same things over and over again to him. But I'll do you the favor of explaining why I switched. I didn't want to bother giving Max White the explanation since it would be completely lost on him.

and

But how is that an argument for a lynch? I've said repeatedly, repeatedly, motherfucking goddamn repeatedly, that I (and by extension, any good town) would only vote for someone they thought was scum. So how is me not having anything to lose a good reason to switch my vote? It isn't. It's not a reason at all. It's a really scummy fucking argument and Max White keeps pushing it.

He keeps pushing it even though I've told him repeatedly (repeatedly) that it's scummy, and if he's going to brazenly disregard repeated warnings then I can't chalk it up to him being a dipshit and let it slide anymore.

He also continues misrepresenting my position, even though I've told him repeatedly (motherfucking goddamn repeatedly) what it actually is, so if he's going to brazenly disregard that too even despite correction then he can enjoy the long end of a noose.

As for what makes him a better lynch than CrownOfFire? He isn't. But Max White is begging for a lynch and I'll give it to him.

Why haven't you mentioned Mr. Scum Tells from Every Orifice today?

Max:  Could you restate your case on Jim?  Did Dariush's lynch change anything on that?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 23, 2011, 09:01:35 pm »

Max:  Could you restate your case on Jim?  Did Dariush's lynch change anything on that?
Not so much the fact that he was lynched, as much as the fact that it gave away
1. We are facing a cult
2. Dari was most likely scum the entire game

These two things mean that Jim most likely wasn't trying to save Kilakan on d1, so that case is gone. He could still have been culted by Josh (And claiming to be preist would be a good idea, because they both have the same inspect to fortune tellers. Hell, Jim could have raised Soli and that is why he made such a big deal of it, like a doc who makes a save then acts surprised) but what ever, I'm going to try pushing somebody else and see how that works.

So yea, not much left these days, time to start building a new case with a cult in mind instead of killers.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 23, 2011, 09:26:31 pm »

Jim Groovester

I haven't forgotten about your questions, but I'm going to have to file answering them under 'things to do when I'm not busy and/or do a readthrough of the thread like I said I would.'

The short answer to your first question (about Vampire Lord picks) is that I don't have any really conclusive leads that point specifically to the Vampire Lord, because that's a really damn fucking tough question. There's also lots of WIFOM and speculation about who it could be and where we should look and the types of players that would get converted vs. the types of players that wouldn't that basically amounts to absolutely nothing helpful right now.

The short answer to your second question (about Max White dripping scumtells from every pore) is that I haven't forgotten about it, but in light of Vampyres instead of traditional scum, I'm having an internal debate about whether he could be the Vampire Lord, whether or not he'd get converted, whether his idiocy is indicative of him being scum, and so on.

I'll answer your questions in more detail at some future point, but the gist of it is that I'm low on time and cults suck balls.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 3 dawn silently
« Reply #546 on: August 23, 2011, 11:44:45 pm »

someone already said, "right guy, wrong reasons." That's the best way to put it.

Aye, that was me.

In any case, I'll be waiting.

Well, I don't have too much. It's really tough to have to go back and try to reconstruct an argument after the fundamental basis of it has been changed, though scumtells are still scumtells.

I'm probably most suspicious of Jim, because he's the most skilled when it comes to being a bullshitting cult scum bastard. I'm also somewhat leery of Solifuge; as Jim himself pointed out, it's possible that he's holding onto his kill because using it would be a dead giveaway. I also find it somewhat helpful to keep a closer eye on anyone who begins making lists of who is cleared and who isn't, because sometimes that player can slip through the cracks unseen. If that makes sense.

I hope that answers your question, Max.

Jokerman:  Why did you wait until here to even mention Dariush, despite your "standing policy?

Because that was my first post since reading about your roleblock...?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 24, 2011, 12:22:39 am »

Extend. Bleh, evening.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 3 dawn silently
« Reply #548 on: August 24, 2011, 02:01:43 am »

Well, I don't have too much. It's really tough to have to go back and try to reconstruct an argument after the fundamental basis of it has been changed, though scumtells are still scumtells.
And what scumtells would these be? You mentioned Jim, because he is good at being scum, but being good at the game isn't a scum tell, and you mentioned that Soli might be scum trying to not show he's hand, but that also isn't a scumtell. So tell me, what scum tells have you picked up on?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 24, 2011, 07:55:42 am »

Jokerman:

Because that was my first post since reading about your roleblock...?

No it wasn't.

I claim my roleblock in reply 332.  You vote Vector without mentioning said roleblock in reply 349.  Did you not decide to bus him until then?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 24, 2011, 10:50:54 am »

Day has been Extended to ~10am Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 25, 2011, 02:11:23 am »

Extend.

Man, we're playing terribly.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #552 on: August 25, 2011, 02:17:07 am »

Extend.

Playing? At this point everybody is just wondering what the fuck we do with a cult.

Fuck, forget extending, let's just move on from this terrible day and lynch somebody that needs replacing, like Bdthemag.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 25, 2011, 03:27:22 am »

Extend. I'm very sorry, but you'll have to add me to the busy pile.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 25, 2011, 03:49:03 am »

Of for crying out-

Extend. Its not like people are suddenly going to drop out of school/university/work just because of an extra extension, but we can't play like this.

Extend.

Playing? At this point everybody is just wondering what the fuck we do with a cult.

Fuck, forget extending, let's just move on from this terrible day and lynch somebody that needs replacing, like Bdthemag.
Woah, woah, what?
Lynch someone who needs replacing?
Eg: Lets lynch the one person who can, in no circumstances, defend himself?
That is not only not a good reason to lynch someone, it is also a terrible reason to lynch someone. I voted Bd for unexplained lurking and the less-townish behaviour of kilakan. The fact that he cannot defend himself from these accusations is unfortunate, but if that is the way it must be, so be it. You have no reason except his absence.
No.
Hell no.
That is not a thing that town does. Never.
CrownofFire

Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 70