Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278260 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 3 dawn silently
« Reply #525 on: August 21, 2011, 02:09:56 am »

Yes. The town can't win if there are hostile killing roles still in the game.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 3 dawn silently
« Reply #526 on: August 21, 2011, 02:03:11 pm »

Vector has asked for a replacement due to the school year starting.

Looks like we'll also need a replacement for Bdthemag, since he hasn't posted in almost a week.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 3 - 2 Replacements needed
« Reply #527 on: August 21, 2011, 02:19:14 pm »

NUKE9.13 has agreed to replace in, so he's going to replace in for Vector.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 3 - 1 Replacement needed
« Reply #528 on: August 21, 2011, 02:35:32 pm »

Greetings!
I will be replacing vector.
For those of you who do not know my name, yes, I have played mafia before, quite extensively. See: early paranormals, supernatural 1 (oh man; I kicked so much butt in supernatural 1)
Anyway.
Going to read through the thread, get up to speed on things, post thoughts ASAP.
Long Live United Forenia!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 21, 2011, 04:08:59 pm »

HMM

Crown of fire is probably not a vampire; trying to use past evidence for evidence of towniness in a cult game is stupid, so he wouldn't do that day 2, and I think the vampires would prefer someone less glaringly incompetent and useless (mediums are of little use in cult game), so they wouldn't convert him over night two. Sorry, replaced-self. I'm going to have to contradict you here and unvote.
Unless third parties can have other roles as well?

Other people: well, solifuge and toaster are pretty much town (or at least not vampires), without some ridiculously convoluted scheme on the vampires part.
LNCP going after CoF is stupid, stop it (unless, of course third party roles can have other roles as well)
Other other people, I don't know. I have read over the thread, and analyzed today's posts, but I don't have the time to fish relevant information out of the RVS, and day two is also daunting and confusing, and it is getting late here. Tommorow I will seriously read over the climax of day 1 and all of day 2, but for today I can only leave you this shameful excuse for cooperation.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 22, 2011, 05:55:39 am »

This game has gone stagnate... Let's try to do something about that.

Jokerman: Top suspect? Also, why?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #531 on: August 22, 2011, 12:47:44 pm »

I may or may not have internet for today and tomorrow. I should at least be here for Wednesday morning though.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 22, 2011, 02:07:59 pm »

Still attempting to reread, still having trouble with it. I suggest everyone else do the same, now that we think we know Dariush was a vampire from the start.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 22, 2011, 03:56:07 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
CrownOfFire: lordnincompoop
Jokerman-EXE: Max White

Day ends ~10am Pacific Wednesday

We still require a replacement for Bdthemag.
Come play Mafia with us!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 22, 2011, 03:59:21 pm »

Limited time, so partial reread.

Clearly, the most important thing to do now is find the vamp leader.  A massclaim would help with that, but I don't think it's a good idea for today.  I think it should wait until at least tomorrow to give any potential investigative roles one more night to look.

Who can't be the vamp leader?  Soli and Dariush confirmed my role.  Solifuge died and came back, so he can't be it.  Crown is role confirmed by Soli as well.  No one counterclaimed the res on Solifuge, so that knocks out Josh.

BD/Kilakan is a big question mark, since I'm assuming he would have picked up some inspections N1.  Nobody seemed to attack him D2, so I'm thinking he's unlikely, but not cleared.

That leaves these eight people:

lordnincompoop
Jim Groovester
NUKE9.13 (formerly Vector)
IronyOwl  (formerly Pandar)
Leafsnail
Max White
Jokerman-EXE
Azure Sepulchre (formerly jakeread)

I really need to focus on the interactions of these, but I don't have the full time for it right now, so let me fire off a couple questions.

Max:  Why Jokerman?  Also, what do you think of our recent replacements Azure and Nuke?

Jim:  Who are your top picks for vamp leader?

Azure:  What happened to that reread you mentioned?

LT link for reference
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 22, 2011, 07:22:58 pm »

Max:  Why Jokerman?  Also, what do you think of our recent replacements Azure and Nuke?
Because he is one of the potential vampire lords, and the most lurky. As for Azure and Nuke, they seem interesting, havn't seen enough of them though. I don't think I have seen them in any other games, so not sure if they are new or not.

I think that if Azure might be a vampire slave, mostly for saying I am town. Not that I'm not town, but to come to that conclusion seems a bit off when a townie would suspect anybody on the 'vampire lord list', it feels like he is trying to make an ally of me. Having said that, if he is a vampire lord, jakeread did a pretty decent job covering it up.

Not much on nuke though.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 23, 2011, 01:26:19 pm »

I'm going to have to ask for a Replace, sorry. There's too much on my plate right now, and I'm disorganised enough without having to add this game to the mix. I'll try to stick around and post until the replacement shows up, but after that and Witches' Coven, I'll most likely be gone for a few months.

This will most likely sound bad on my part, but I'm still trying to scan the text, and I'm coming up blank. My suspects are now BDthemag, NUKE9.13 and Jokerman in that order, but for the latter two, it's mostly gut - and I'm not confident enough in my BD case to put a vote on him.

Unvote.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 23, 2011, 02:44:26 pm »

Well, this is utterly ridiculous.
Reading over day 1 tells me the following:
1)Sweet Zombie Jesus you people can talk.
2)Everyone who was highly active reads town to my eyes.
3)All the lurkers had reasons for lurking/have been replaced, and therefore cannot be accused of scumlurking.
4)I have no idea who the leader is, and nothing to accost anyone over.

Despite both 2) and 3), I am going to vote Bdthemag or his replacement, because even before he disappeared he was barely active, spending a few one-line posts defending dariush/attacking CoF, and though kilakan whom he replaced was fairly active, he seemed slightly off compared to the others. Slightly being the operative term.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 23, 2011, 03:18:14 pm »

I promise to be more active in a bit. I'm just too tired at the moment.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 3 - 2 Replacements needed
« Reply #539 on: August 23, 2011, 04:08:38 pm »

Ditto. I've got a lot on my plate, but promise activity when I return from work tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 70