Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The old watering hole  (Read 737 times)

Brackev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The old watering hole
« on: July 25, 2011, 01:27:07 pm »

I think there is something funny in the water.  :o  It's not contaiminated but the dwarfs just keep coming back for more.
Do I need to turn the water zone off to get the guys to drink ale or is there some other trick I need to do?  I checked my stocks and there is lots of ale there.  Do I need to put some in the processed food pile?
-------

Dinos with hammers, there is no escape.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: The old watering hole
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 01:30:12 pm »

How much is 'lots'?  If you have less than 10 units of booze in your stockpiles per dwarf in your population, you have much to little booze.  Ideally, you should aim for at least 25 units of booze per dwarf.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 02:14:47 pm »

Even more! Always keep several months supply on hand at any time.

accoro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 02:16:52 pm »

pfft. have one dwarf spam brew on repeat. i have enough booze to last millennia!
Stand there pondering all the great mysteries of the DF universe.  The last thing going through his head being of course the Atom Smasher.

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 06:06:14 pm »

I think there is something funny in the water.  :o  It's not contaiminated but the dwarfs just keep coming back for more.
Do I need to turn the water zone off to get the guys to drink ale or is there some other trick I need to do?  I checked my stocks and there is lots of ale there.  Do I need to put some in the processed food pile?
All your booze might be in a few barrels that some of your dwarves are currently drinking out of, meaning the other dwarves can't use them. If their impatient enough I guess they could go down to the old watering hole.