Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I want to play, but I don't want to build  (Read 3341 times)

valayane

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels butchering Roc: Hndling Dangerous Creature
    • View Profile
Re: I want to play, but I don't want to build
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 09:02:25 pm »

looks pretty well organised, but the corridors r too wide and the walls to thin for my taste, i prefer not to waste more space than necessary, although i carve my walls 3blocks wide, with a row of unseen rock between the walls of 2 rooms, 4 an example, look up steelfortress, it's a DF map on a mapshowing site, u can see other pple's forts there, i often go there for inspiration ;)
Valayane likes Gold, Silver, Adamantium and Slade, he likes the color Bloodred, likes Dragons for their terrible majesty and prefers to consume Masterfully Prepared Roc Meat and Sunshine

Kalalification

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I want to play, but I don't want to build
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 10:10:32 pm »

I have the same issue and I fix it by setting up a temporary place for everyone to live knowing that it will later be deconstructed or otherwise destroyed and then I work on my actual fort or whatever and move people in as its completed...just do everything one step at a time
This is more or less my strategy. Dwarves are a means to an end for most of the lifespan of my fort, and only when I feel satisfied with their lodgings am I more interested in their story. Thanks to Genesis I've now also made it mandatory to create multiple free standing libraries throughout my fort, and potted plants are everywhere. But at the beginning it's more of a hassle to deal with my dwarves' lives.
Pages: 1 2 [3]