Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Shakespear! [Community Fort]  (Read 6485 times)

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shakespear! [Community Fort]
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2011, 11:36:34 am »

Yay metal industry! How big was the migrants wave?

Terra_Inc

• Bay Watcher
  • insanity++;
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2011, 11:41:36 am »

Yay metal industry! How big was the migrants wave?

Well, we had 17 before, and 36 after the arrival, so... unless there was some dorfsecks going on, it was 19 dwarves.
Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal...

~HPL~

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2011, 03:53:22 pm »

Who was in it?
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

HunterBlackLuna

• Bay Watcher
  • [REQUIRES_LNP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2011, 11:20:37 pm »

Flan's plenty magic girl already; it's just more of the 'you asplode nao' type. Touhou characters, man, don't mess.

Consider this another person who'll be watching the fort and requesting a Dorf. Anything relating to crafting, stone or metal, would be good business. Either that or a military sacrifice Honored Comrade

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2011, 07:15:01 am »

Great! it's going well. And how is the farming and the booze production?

Terra_Inc

• Bay Watcher
  • insanity++;
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2011, 05:47:03 am »

Great! it's going well. And how is the farming and the booze production?
Generally good, since I switched from barrels to pots. We have mostly plump helmets and some cave wheat.

Who was in it?
Oh, lots of useful dwarves, waay too much to post here - though I will mention the most useful ones in the next update.

Flan's plenty magic girl already; it's just more of the 'you asplode nao' type. Touhou characters, man, don't mess.

Consider this another person who'll be watching the fort and requesting a Dorf. Anything relating to crafting, stone or metal, would be good business. Either that or a military sacrifice Honored Comrade
Noted. Any special name?

EDIT: Now that we've started the military stuff, there's one question I need to ask: danger rooms or not? Just be reminded that we have some sinister, if not terrifying part of land here.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 06:27:14 am by Terra_Inc »
Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal...

~HPL~

Terra_Inc

• Bay Watcher
  • insanity++;
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2011, 06:56:04 am »

Shakespear Fortress Chronicles
11th Galena, 25
Expedition Leader Ablel Zuntirdishmab

The horror! During the arrival of yet another group of migrants, one of the giant badgers ran into the fortress. Our newly formed militia squad "The Blockaded Lashes" was forced to attack the beast! The refuse chamber is now smeared with badger blood, and the creature is no more. But Drognan has been injured and Flandre is unsure whether he'll fully recover.

But there are also good news. An elven caravan dropped by and traded some of their plants and drinks against stone crafts. We also acquired a fox, though I'm unsure why. I may have been drunk at the time. My head... Wolocke's wine sure is good.

Ahra and Kumil are busy in the lower levels - they have begun to dig out loads of bedrooms. Soon, every citizen of Shakespear will have his own chamber!

Oh, and one of our jewelers was taken by a fey mood. He has created a perfect smoky quartz. I am still unsure what to do with it.

~HPL~

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2011, 07:20:52 am »

What are my injuries?

Terra_Inc

• Bay Watcher
  • insanity++;
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2011, 08:29:08 am »

What are my injuries?

You're not injured. You are the Legendary Chainsawdwarf Doctor.  :P

Drognan has some severed nerves and "ability to grasp somewhat impaired".

~HPL~

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2011, 08:44:53 am »

What are my injuries?

You're not injured. You are the Legendary Chainsawdwarf Doctor.  :P

Drognan has some severed nerves and "ability to grasp somewhat impaired".
Oh! Heh, I thought I was injured also, somehow. I was about to correct your pronoun!

Terra_Inc

• Bay Watcher
  • insanity++;
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2011, 10:05:38 am »

OH YEAH... my tunnel for the noble rooms has run right into a large pocket of marble...  :D

~HPL~

Terra_Inc

• Bay Watcher
  • insanity++;
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2011, 03:07:25 pm »

Shakespear Fortress Chronicles
15th Granite, 53
Expedition Leader Ablel Zuntirdishmab

This winter has seen a great victory: The giant badgers blocking our fortress gate were finally killed! A group of three brave, iron-clad dwarves managed to slaughter them AND a group of rhesus macaques that wandered near the squad. No injuries, apart from a lost tooth.
We now have free access to the overworld once more, and I have ordered more traps to be built. I am also thinking about a memorial for the Great Badger Siege of 52...

A caravan from the Mountainhome has arrived and traded their treasures for our stone crafts and other things we don't need. It is amazing how much the products of our forges are worth! The liaison left with a smile - I hope that the next caravan will bring more animals. We were forced to butcher most grazing animals during the time the badgers blocked our entrance.

Our digging projects are still being worked on. The bedroom area is dug out, a large dining hall has been created and the food storage area is being mined out as I write this down. Ahra and Kumil are incredibly fast. Flandre is busy making beds and Shade is pumping out doors.

I also have to record sad news - one of our glassmakers has gone insane and died shortly after his descent to madness. He recently migrated to Shakespear and almost no one knew him ... but it was still a sad day.
I have been thinking - what would happen if one of us died? I mean, one of us founders? Shade could have easily been killed if he hadn't escaped the giant badger beast. What if he died? What if one of us died? Would we be left to rot on the surface? Or thrown into a cheap wooden casket? This is not a pleasant thought ... In the future Shakespear shall be a rich fortress, populated by many happy dwarven citizens ... And they should live with the knowledge that the seven who laid the foundations of Shakespear are still resting beneath it.

I have to end this entry now... the noble rooms are to be finished soon. From this night on I will have my own bedroom!

---

So yay, seems like iron equipment is enough to brutally murder giant badgers. I was afraid of this becoming Dye Harde. We now have five of them caged, several breeding pairs. And they're already busy. IN THE CAGES. Getting ready for some exploratory mining now, I do know that we have A LOT of z-levels to go through 'till we reach the circus. The lowest level I can go to ATM is 12, and the fortress entrance is at level 120...
Food storage in the upper levels is almost full, I really need to relocate the nomnomnom.
Oh, and our Master Engraver is busy smoothing the heck out of the noble rooms and dining hall.
Also, there's some serious plot going on with the thought of the starting seven dying. More about that later.

Last of all, I'm behind with the dorfing. Will be done tomorrow!  :)

~HPL~

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2011, 03:13:39 pm »

pumping outdoor is the first source of dwarfen death.
but it does make me muscly!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

HunterBlackLuna

• Bay Watcher
  • [REQUIRES_LNP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2011, 03:36:11 pm »

Just HBL for the Dorf should be fine.

"Prepare for your examination, kyu~"

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2011, 05:38:23 pm »

Inform me if another Mechanic comes.
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7