Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Bad Moon Rising in 3, 2, 1 ...  (Read 4819 times)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Bad Moon Rising in 3, 2, 1 ...
« on: July 24, 2011, 08:35:32 am »

http://kotaku.com/5824147/oslo-terrorist-anders-behring-breivik-used-modern-warfare-2-as-training+simulation-world-of-warcraft-as-cover

I just can't wait to see what Fox News does with this.

Seriously though, I haven't seen this much bull for a while. Apparently because I've played Operation Flashpoint I'm some sort of black ops leader.

My first guess is that this monster is trying to get away with in on account of insanity. I can see it just now...
"But judge, I thought I was going to get a tactical nuke!"

So yeah, expect a massive backlash against gamers because some rightwing fucktard shot up a bunch of innocient people which in turn gives more power to rightwing fucktards to ban things.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Moon Rising in 3, 2, 1 ...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 08:39:38 am »

I wonder what Fox News will say about this. "Evil Liberal uses Evil Liberal game to commit Evil Liberalism"? Or maybe "ALL VIDJA GAEMS IS EVUL!".
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 08:45:22 am »

Well I think the real problem is the media will just gloss over what would really make some guy go and go shoot a whole bunch of people up and just use games as the usual scapegoat.

The problem isn't explored, the solution isn't considered and another problem is created.
All power to commercial media.  ::)

vikingefar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 08:45:37 am »

I find it weird that we live in a capitalist society that willfully will bind and gag the most profitable business in the whole world. Seems a little of to me. Oh well. Sturgeons law i guess.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 08:51:45 am »

Well I think the real problem is the media will just gloss over what would really make some guy go and go shoot a whole bunch of people up and just use games as the usual scapegoat.

The problem isn't explored, the solution isn't considered and another problem is created.
All power to commercial media.  ::)

I blame soccer moms.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 12:55:49 pm »

What, no mention of the Army official videogame? I am disappoint.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 01:00:49 pm »

I've still learned to love it though and especially the multiplayer part is amazing. You can more or less completely simulate actual operations.

I don't know where to begin.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 01:12:30 pm »

In prison, I hope they make this loser play Rainbow 6: Raven Shield as punishment for his hubris.

On a more serious note, I wonder if Fox will use the outcry about videogames as an excuse to gloss over that he's a radical anti-muslim terrorist.

Edit: Oh, how apt.
Quote from: manifesto excerpt
"You will be amazed on how much you can do undetected while blaming this game," he continues.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 01:15:40 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 01:30:04 pm »

Gentleman, we may have to call. . .  . . . .THE LIBERAL CRIME SQUAD!  To the homeless shelter! But seriously, I cant stand video games being blamed for violence, though I can see a bit of bad influence on weak minds. You know, I guess its the easiest route to go is to blame games. "sir, should we get the top dollar phsycologist?"  "nah, just blame it on video games"   EDIT:fixed a typo
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 01:55:49 pm by jc6036 »

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 01:45:39 pm »

*facepalm*

Trappin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 02:54:25 pm »

So yeah, expect a massive backlash against gamers because some rightwing fucktard shot up a bunch of innocient people which in turn gives more power to rightwing fucktards to ban things.

Yeah, those rich white Christian fundamentalist right wing fascist fucktards in San Francisco.

Brown v. Entertainment Merchants Association

Leland Yee (Chinese: 余胤良; pinyin: Yú Yìnliáng, born November 20, 1948) is a California State Senator in District 8 which represents the western half of San Francisco and most of San Mateo County. Prior to becoming state senator, Yee was a California State Assemblyman, Supervisor of San Francisco's Sunset District, and was a member and President of the San Francisco School Board. In 2004 Yee became the first Asian American to be appointed Speaker pro Tempore, making him the second highest ranking Democrat of the California State Assembly.

California Senator Leland Yee introduced the original law in 2005, believing a connection between violent video games and aggressive behavior in children, and sought to regulate the voluntary video game industry ratings review system, the Entertainment Software Rating Board. Though similar laws were passed in other States, they were challenged by video game industry groups like the Entertainment Software Association, and defeated in lower courts. The California law was similarly blocked and ruled unconstitutional in lower courts, but then-California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger continued to take the case to the Supreme Court in 2009, which the Court accepted. Oral arguments were heard in November 2010, with the decision announced in June 2011.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-06-27/us/scotus.video.games_1_violent-video-games-game-makers-interactive-games?_s=PM:US

CNN forgot to mention Yee, his party affiliation and how the bill passed through committee and onto the floor for a full assembly vote.

Democrats and Republicans voted this legislation into law.

Schooled by Zappa.

http://wn.com/Frank_Zappa_at_PMRC_Senate_Hearing_on_Rock_Lyrics

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 03:03:47 pm »

Fox News won't say anything, because he's a right-wing Christian fundamentalist. Do you really think they're gonna put any media spotlight on that? ;)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2011, 03:11:58 pm »

oh well...in italy, the news was like this:
"horrible murder spree, he wrote on facebook he trained by playing violent videogames"
i thought..."as long as it's not where the bays (the pirate one) servers are, nobody will stop the violent games from reaching everywhere in the world...luckily"
and there were a series of articles about violentgaming and the like.
so...since my brother is veteran commando ancient whatitis in modern warfare 2 multiplayer...is he some kind of killing machine?
and i find it funny that THE TERMINATOR is against violent gaming...i mean...what do the terminator games speak of? loving ponies?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2011, 03:31:14 pm »

Fox News won't say anything, because he's a right-wing Christian fundamentalist. Do you really think they're gonna put any media spotlight on that? ;)

They already have.
Shoes...

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2011, 03:49:48 pm »

They will somehow make it seem like it was Obama's fault.
Pages: [1] 2 3