Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: Ceilingchew - Succession Game - More spots open!  (Read 40006 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ceilingchew - Succession Game - 2nd Update Out! (All Spots Claimed)
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2011, 08:32:33 pm »

Hey I just noticed. Someone else uses the same Bedroom Pods I do....

EDIT:: WTF!?!?!?! Why does this map have so much epic!!! Almost all the Ores, Iron and Lignite on the Surface, Silver and more Iron downwards, More presouse metals down, both Tin and Copper. WTH!?!?!

Also why after so many years was an Anvil not purchused and the Iron and Coke made in excess...!?!?!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 08:46:43 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2011, 10:05:03 pm »

I didn't really make that many changes, or do much mining, actually, as I kinda rushed my turn.
I did notice all the lovely hematite, but I didn't want to mess up those neat, neat hallways... :P
I did have some metal smelted, though. Oh, and I hope you're proud of your scar collection! I'm surprised you're alive, actually.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2011, 01:02:25 am »

Oh, and I hope you're proud of your scar collection! I'm surprised you're alive, actually.
Yeah I love it...
Though... I killed an Elf???
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2011, 03:09:44 am »

Yeah, Yagor was bored and those traders were too tempting. You killed one each. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2011, 12:12:49 pm »

I made some modifications to rule 6. Now, everyone will have 24 hours to make their first post once their turn starts. Since I forgot to add this earlier, we'll wait 24 more hours before we skip noodle.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2011, 12:08:30 pm »

Okay, it's been close enough to 24 hours, so noodle's being skipped. Crustypeanut, you're up.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
Re: Ceilingchew - Succession Game (All Spots Claimed)
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2011, 07:30:29 pm »

Ok, I'm gonna get caught up with the fort (I haven't been keeping an eye on it XD), then I'll start my turn. 

Edit: Oh this'll be fun.  o.O
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 08:23:26 pm by Crustypeanut »
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2011, 01:06:58 am »

Journal of Crustypeanut Momuzushat “Cryptbasements”, Chef and Mayor of Ingizzurusul, “Ceilingchew”

Beginning this year I, Five-Star Chef of the small fortress of Ceilingchew, will become mayor for a single year.  It seems to be the custom for mayors to serve but a single year, and then have another one be elected.  Normally, I wouldn't even dare to run for Mayor, but I've decided enough is enough – this fortress has got to be the most disorganized, lazy, and crude place I have ever seen in my seventy-two years.

For being such a tiny fortress, having it be so disorganized is just plain sad.  I could barely get the gist of where everything was, let alone organize it.  Not only that, but everyone and their 800-year old dead great great great great grandmother was hanging out in the hole that could barely be called a dining room, dicking off with each other, when there was assloads of work to be done.  This, was to be changed.

Everyone was reorganized based not so much on their skills, but on what their job needed to be in the fort.  Dwarves like grandmaster potash makers and the two dwarves who 'thought' they could 'cook', were more useless attempting their skill set than trying to have a rabid turkey fight a tiger.  Therefore, all dwarves considered useless to society were told to do jobs that required no skill – butchering, tanning, hauling, fish cleaning, and a few others.  Those jobs that required skills were done by dwarves with said skills.

Ever since the changes have been made, the number of idlers have been reduced from about 45 to about 15 on average.  The military was also reorganized into two simple squads – melee, and ranged. 

Their barracks was moved into the larger room next door, and their old barracks will be turned into a “Dangerroom”, filled with upright spear traps.  Next to the Depot, a room for trade goods was dug out, as well as a jeweler's workshop and stockpile for gem encrusting.  The gemcutter's workshop was downstairs with the stockpiles for stone, wood, and rough gems.  A number of bridge-doors were also constructed to protect the fortress from assaults too great.

In the primary stockpile area, walls were mined and a new room was mined out for additional storage.  No longer would there be a single stockpile for every damn thing we made, but instead separate, organized piles were designed.  More workshops were also built to save space.  On the same level, the hospital was also expanded threefold to accommodate more patients, if needed.

I've also taken to constructing a fortification outside complete with ramparts for our archers to shoot at the enemies in safety.  It was built over the pit, and has a roof as well.

Later on, a Gemcutter went into a strange mood, and began demanding cloth.  Apparently, the rope reed cloth we already had wasn't going to do it for him, so we either had to get silk or wool.  Neither of which were easily available to us.  I've decided to dig deep in search of silk, since that is the only real one we can get in time. 

While digging, we found the first cavern as well as a vein of native silver, sphalerite (zinc), and galena (lead and silver).  Construction began to access the precious webs.  In the cavern itself, large amounts of gold were spotted, as well as olivine, which is known to contain platinum ore.  No such ore was visible for now, but digging might change that.  However, for now, the webs were the most important thing.

The elves came.  We let them leave with their lives, and a few of their precious wooden baubles that were completely useless to us.  They had brought us offerings of alcohol, fruits, and many animals.  However, none of the animals were all that useful, as none could be sheared for wool.  If they had brought one of those, then we may have given them something for their trouble.

Not long after the elves left, the gem cutter seized a piece of silk cloth, as that was exactly what he needed.  A few more items, including some panda leather from the panda we got from the elves, and the gem cutter began his construction.

A few weeks later, the gem cutter finished his construction – and if I do say so myself – holy shit.

In celebration of this monumental occasion, I've began a strip mining operation for gems for the legendary gem cutter to work with.  So far, silver, gold, and other metals and gems have been found.

On another note – our woodcutters have completely deforested our region – not a single fully grown tree still lives.  Most of the wood is being burnt to make charcoal or ash, but some of it is being used in beds, bins, and of course, training spears for our danger room.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2011, 02:37:53 am »

Blugh... Danger Rooms... Weak...

I see Danger Rooms as Noobish way to build an Army...

Still, Thats an epic Artifact, I can see the bedsheets with the shape of a mountain stitched on its face spread over the ruby mounting and its ruby bedhead with the image of the Kobold and the buckler image on the base in mudstone...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2011, 02:45:23 am »

Just as long as the Pit of Doom still works for stuff falling in it! D: I couldn't really tell from the screenshots- Seriously, dat tileset- but I put a lot of effort, and the lives of two dwarves, into making that pit. :P
And it's good that someone's neatening stuff up.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2011, 07:23:19 am »

I didn't change the pit of doom at all.  Though, I am considering making it deeper. 

As for the Danger Room, I'm probably only gonna keep it for emergency use only, like if our entire militia dies.  Or perhaps to train a secondary militia that won't be actively participating in day to day training and fighting. 

Oh, and for training miners.

And the bed? Its in my room.  >:)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 08:03:14 am by Crustypeanut »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2011, 07:28:05 am »

Oh, and I did start digging out the basic framework of an arena too, don't know if you want to go ahead with it. *shrug* Mainly because Yagor wanted more chances to kill stuff!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2011, 07:32:18 am »

Hm.. where was this arena at? I didn't see anything that looked like one.. was it on the same level as the dining room?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2011, 07:37:53 am »

I have no idea, don't remember! :P I just started carving out two viewing box sortof things, a z-level above a large open area with plenty of space for doors and traps in the entrance. You don't have to finish it though, not like Yagor's mayor anymore!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2011, 07:59:39 am »

I'm fairly certain that was the room I made into the prepared food storage.. XD Oh well.  At least its now housing a ton of masterwork roasts.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25