Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25

Author Topic: Ceilingchew - Succession Game - More spots open!  (Read 39950 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Ceilingchew - Succession Game - More spots open!
« Reply #345 on: November 21, 2011, 06:13:54 pm »

In for another year.  I must save the fortress.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 21, 2011, 07:04:06 pm »

Added to the list.
In other news, fuck lag, I'm taking a turn this time.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 22, 2011, 04:38:08 am »

Ah forgot to mention. When I activated the pump after fixing it fps droped to 0, And some workers were apparently using the maintainence shaft as a passage way, and bled to death from burns. I think the death toll was three.

Edit- It appears my child care system is ahhhh... lethal . to the children. On the bright side we now have two less children. so thats good since almost 20% of the fort is children. Who don't Fkcuing work.

And noodle instantly gives birth to a girl. Thats some solid zerg instincts you got there noodle. Keep the numbers up and all that.
Huh and modified child care isn't working either. The animals aren't attacking the bratlings. damn

The fortress atracted no immigrants this season...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 07:01:00 am by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 22, 2011, 09:59:29 am »

mind posting a pic on how you fixed up the pumps?
the maintenance stairways aren't supposed to flood with magma.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 22, 2011, 03:14:52 pm »

It was only a little magma. It got in by someone pathing into a maintenance door to avoid walking on top of each other. The problem is the magma then fell down the stairs burning anyone below before pooling on top of a hatchway.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 03:20:44 pm by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 22, 2011, 08:16:47 pm »

summer passed uneventfully so far with the exceptions of a couple unavoidable Dwarven deaths. It's a tragedy that jack A.T. decisionmaker died but We really did need him to pull that lever. How were we to know it would flood the room with lava.

On a less terrible note a fleshball has gotten stuck on top of a tree in the caverns and is Causeing many of our workers to flee form it, harmless though it may be. They must be running from it's hideous stench.

Work on capturing cave spiders has be unfruitful, netting only bats and cave swallows.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 22, 2011, 08:23:09 pm »

A Human diplomat has arrived! Should i murder him? Or should I torture him?

edit- Oh dear looks like I may not get to decide. A wild goblin ambush has appeared.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 08:26:30 pm by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 22, 2011, 08:36:11 pm »

A brave axedwarf takes care of the goblin threat. after , apparently recieving a crutch from a ghost

Ah also another death. A gemsetter has died from falling whist working on clearing out the obsideon caused by a mistake with which lever drained the lava.... oops.

Hmm I seem to causing a lot of deaths, but to be fair they're accidents. I should probably stop being lazy and stop mass designating my channels. It should be noted that gemsetter only fell 2 z levels but landed on his head.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 08:44:01 pm by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 22, 2011, 08:59:33 pm »

And the diplomat is dead, and the merchants will soon follow. Let us prove once and for all who the superior race is.
Let us usher in the Age of the dwarves! THIS OUR WORLD AND OUR TIME!

Also sorry about plunging the overseer who follows me into war with the humans but this fort is so well equipped that It needs something like a good old fashioned race war to keep it fun. And ‼FUN‼.

And you can't really see the bodies 'cos they're covered with dwaves and items but yeah i'm killing the merchants too.
Awesome a human merchant we caught in a cage just went beserk. Gonna put that guy's outside our fort linked to lever and have him ready to be unleashed against his own allies next year.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:21:14 pm by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 22, 2011, 09:20:42 pm »

Ahem... Well ... ahh lets see. On the 26th of galenalate summer. A section of the cavern collapsed. Namely the part made from obsideon from my wrong lever incident The resulting dust cloud knocked several dwarfs off the bridge and there are many wounded. Luckily no one important was injured.

A couple of the least injured may survive.
Crap. This turn has been something of a disaster. I haven't been trying to kill anyone But they just keep Dying... I mean aside from the humans. Those guys will get whats coming to them.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:22:29 pm by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 22, 2011, 09:33:06 pm »

Oooookay one last post for the disater of summer. My project to make some magma workshops closer to the surface has hit a ... snag. Magma flood snag, See I thought I knew which stone was magma safe so I didn't check to see if the flood gate i was using would melt or not. So when the channels had enough magma and I had the lever pulled... Nothing happened. So now magma is flooding the place that was supposed to be a mamga glassworks and it's going to be hard to stop it. I get the feeling by the end of this year it'll be better to just reload a previous save.

Heres a pic of my magma fail

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 22, 2011, 10:03:23 pm »

Ouch, magma flood. :o
It's a good thing that magma isn't self pressurized like water, otherwise the reserve magma tanks to the right would empty their load as well into a giant room full of useless 3/7 magma.
Remember that the mechanisms used for the floodgates must also be magma proof too, not just the floodgate itself.
I may have used up most of the magma proof ones though in my construction of the pump.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 23, 2011, 05:44:55 am »

meh if nothing else I still have two seasons to fix that problem and make anothe attempt at a Magma workshop. Honestly Aside from the unusually high death rate i've been having the only thing i'm worried about is whether i can catch a spider or two to put in the silk room. Also Does anyone know whether cavespider silk is more or less valuable then ropereeds?

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 23, 2011, 07:56:01 pm »

Alright it looks like the magma spill is less dangerous then i thought. It was safely contained and will now safely evaporate by itself. Luckily this will the magma channels I dug out filled with magma so magma workshops can be built immediatly. On the downside we'll need to refil the primary magma resevoir, though the larger secondary resevoir remains sufficent to clear the Pathway o' doom.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 23, 2011, 08:24:08 pm »

I had the miltary "take Care" of some of our prison.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25