Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Die2Nite Mega Town - Season III - New town?  (Read 4461 times)

Redfield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Die2Nite Mega Town - Season III - New town?
« on: July 23, 2011, 08:04:32 am »

Launch date: 9th of August

IRC Info:
#bay12 on irc.freenode.net
If you don't have a client use http://webchat.freenode.net/

Die2Nite is a cooperative zombie survival game in which 40 people form a town together, gather items, eat, drink, do drugs, build defenses, and try to live together for as long as possible against an ever-increasing zombie horde. Die2Nite is a relatively simple game based on coordination and luck, so changes are likely to be a good thing and will spice things up. The game is not especially time consuming, however, the most dedicated members who coordinate activities such as expeditions and zombie clearing, do tend to spend 1-2 hours in IRC right after the zombie attacks (at 5pm EDT) working things out. A member who reads the forums, understands the fundamentals of the game, and follows instructions, can be a valuable asset on as little as 10 minutes of play per day.

So the season three came, and apparently they are now limiting mega coalitions down to 20 people and forcing them to play with 20 random people. In our last towns we've had about this many people in our mega so this won't be an issue then I guess. What I'd like to know is how many of you guys would want to give a another go? Launching date is not decided yet but I suppose it will be if and when we get enough people.

The construction system has been completely changed. Now you need to find blueprints for some (or every?) buildings so this pretty much changes the game a lot. Successfully camping on desert in a building will be rewarded with a construction blueprint (uncommon in nearby buildings, rare in faraway buildings).  And I suppose it will be lot harder to survive whole month with increased zombie count after day 15. First days will be easier though. Few other changes as well and you can check them in "site updates" from your soul page.

So who's in?

Edit: Oh yeah, and tell us if you are going to be a hero or not.
Edit: We need more heroes

Currently about to join are:

Redfield (Hero)
Serithi
Wravburn (waiting)
Fikes (waiting)
Mono124 (waiting)

beebeep (Hero)
dennislp3
MikalTansrin
Tzenda

endintears (Hero)
somebody
Mimuri
squeakyreaper
JustcallmeX

Florence (account is closed)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 04:53:52 pm by Redfield »

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite Mega Town - Season III - New town?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 09:34:29 am »

I haven't played this in ages (since the opening of the Beta that required a keycode and all) I would be willing to try

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 11:37:24 am »

I would certainly be tempted to give this another go, I'm in a similar boat as denislp3. I played it a good bit in beta but stopped when I kept getting accused (by Mods) of being from the french version because of knowing too much.

These mega coalitions sound awesome though, I would have come back sooner if I had known you could make bigger coalitions than five people. I'll see about finding my old account info/making a new account.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 11:39:19 am »

if you don't need to have a premium account/over 100 points I'll be in.  I've played in beta, got 200 f'ing soul points and then kinda quit when they wipped my points, it really pissed me off.  I do however have around 30 points now cause I've been playing on and off.
Nom nom nom

Toriad

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 01:28:38 pm »

I'm in I have like 751, was in the fault of bees. Quit after the first season. But I guess i'll be playing another one for kicks.

raalph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 03:44:30 pm »

There is a coalition cap of 20 players now. After that, heroes can't choose the town. It will be hard to put everybody in.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 11:34:40 pm »

I'm in, Serithi ingame.

Also, i think maybe August 1. That'll give us a bit of time to get used to the new mechanics.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 11:59:18 pm »

Yeah august 1st sounds good

Redfield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 01:03:36 am »

There is a coalition cap of 20 players now. After that, heroes can't choose the town. It will be hard to put everybody in.

Well as I said, we would take only 20 people max in this mega and join town x that pops up near the attack (30 - 60 min after). If there is no people yet inside, it wouldn't be a problem because we organize the jumping via irc.

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 09:46:35 am »

August 1 works for me as well, though I do not know if I'll actually try to learn the new mechanics or not...

Depending on when the attack takes place, I may not actually be around to join (though I can still use a coalition to join, right?)

I'm MikalTansrin in game, btw.

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 11:19:16 am »

I would be interested, I haven't played since last bay12-town., so I'll have to check the new season again.

IGN: Wravburn.
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 12:03:43 pm »

I've never played this, but it seems interesting. Worth a go?
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

echonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2011, 05:55:07 pm »

d2n name: beebeep

I'll keep an eye on the thread. Hopefully we can get a group soon, those new changes sound fun.

Toriad

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2011, 09:21:22 pm »

Die2nite name: Tzenda.

endintears

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 08:58:00 am »

I'm in.

Not sure if anyone else in my coalition (Grunden, Chairman, Merlon and halibut) is still playing the game so I can't speak for them.

I'll be a hero.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5