Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Introducing new players.  (Read 3286 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing new players.
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 04:31:05 pm »

People on another forum interested. At least three more Overlords shall attempt to colonize lands in the name of Armok.

Would it be wrong to organize an operation to conquer other gaming forums in the name of Armok...?

My mind is abuzz with plans.

That would probably give the laid back and easygoing community of DF players the reputation of /b/tards.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Casp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 04:53:39 pm »

I was just saying we could.

It's an option.

I'll get my coat.
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 05:42:47 pm »

We could always invade in an extremely chill manner, and thus converting people by being so chill that they want to be like us. Once they're interested, "play dorf fortress or i will chill so hard that you go into a coma." When faced with such a threat, anyone would oblige. They will refer to us as the chillwave of the 12th bay.

Or, my personal favourite, regale the possibilities of crushing invaders beneath the tremendous girth of your gigantic golden phallus. I have yet to catch anyone with this method, but mark my words, it will happen! There's bound to be someone out there who will be thrilled by the notion of actual e-peen usage.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 09:55:33 pm »

I've tried to introduce a couple friends to it.  One of them really enjoyed playing Adventure Mode with me, and went home and downloaded the game, but never figured out how to play it himself.  Another one started a fort with my guidance one evening, and presumably hasn't touched it since.  I still have hope for that one, though.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Mintaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 10:10:26 pm »

I've introduced two friends to DF, both of whom are quirky enough to keep trying to figure it out.  I pointed one towards the wiki, and gave
the other a quick course in not-killing-your-dwarves.  "Yes, you really need to make booze.  And dimple cups aren't edible.  This is how
you assign dwarves to a squad..."  He seems to be doing okay, except that he hasn't realized that just not mining a row of squares is
the equivalent of mining them and then building a wall there...
What caught their interest was me describing how my cats keep getting nibbled to death by skeletal geese.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 03:32:49 am »

May well be that I will be introducing new players soon-ish (through the Internets). First though, I would like to explain a bit what DF exactly is. If anyone here has any ideas on on how I could explain DF and it's community shortly, I would like to hear the suggestions.

First of course, I will simply give a link to Boatmurdered. Maybe mermaids as well. Other ideas are welcome.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Sanguine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2011, 04:00:04 am »

May well be that I will be introducing new players soon-ish (through the Internets). First though, I would like to explain a bit what DF exactly is. If anyone here has any ideas on on how I could explain DF and it's community shortly, I would like to hear the suggestions.

First of course, I will simply give a link to Boatmurdered. Maybe mermaids as well. Other ideas are welcome.

It's the most complicated yet rewarding game ever concieved by man.
Once liquids are implemented properly, you could set up a mandatory test involving potential military dwarves swim through a sea of blood on their way through the testing.
Pages: 1 [2]