Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: Dawn of Worlds | The World of Khandor | Age of Creation  (Read 31722 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Dawn of Worlds | The World of Khandor | Age of Creation
« Reply #150 on: July 26, 2011, 02:41:20 am »

so you want to reach my little piece of foggy black paradise huh!?
well, better use it to my own advantage then!
i create an avatar (10 points)
my avatar is the representation of all which is on the little island, it's a statuesque humanoid creature, who's skin is rock-like, with little mana-crystals on him, and shrouded by a black fog, wherever he walks (just his footsteps) the immediate terrain (under his feet, ndr, just the underneath of his feet) becomes sand-like.
he has no retinas, but just two black eyes, his hair is made up of black fire (like you know, Ade, just blackish.)  he appears and stays in my little paradise of darkness.

(then someone could pretty please explain me what powers avatars actually have?)

the remaining points are kept. The avatar is named "The darkness", and is hailed as such. He appears and stays in the little island on top to the left.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 26, 2011, 02:44:14 am »

A fe pages back I gave a list of powers, but whatever. An avatar is basically used to command a race or a city.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #152 on: July 26, 2011, 02:49:21 am »

A fe pages back I gave a list of powers, but whatever. An avatar is basically used to command a race or a city.
no, no, that i knew.
just, that's all?
i mean, apart from it being something you describe by yourself, the "avatars" usually have their own powers, like this, grabbing a single peasant and saying "you, go and tell the mass to build a farm" wouldn't be the same thing?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 26, 2011, 02:53:05 am »

I suppose I could implement more avatar powers.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #154 on: July 26, 2011, 03:01:23 am »

I suppose I could implement more avatar powers.

nothing flashy though, because otherwise the "command" avatar would be far more useful (2 points) and unbalancing.
I was thinking of things more "avataresque".
like, since they should incarnate the ideas of their own gods, apart from Cataclysm, other gods cannot interact in a 1 inch area around them for the modify land/Create land/modify weather/create civilization.
Because, you create a civ next to an avatar, how can a race actually "evolve" into a city, if there's an enemy avatar who can stomp you to death?
And a minor "modify land" of the avatar, not of one full inch, but half, so, for 2 point, you modify 0.5 inchs, which makes it balanced, because 1) if you use it twice from the avatar, it 4 points for once inch.
2) it's five points for 1 inch and half, if you use 3 of the god+2 of command avatar. and so it's actually balanced that way. >.>
3) army management? army bonuses? i mean, an army with an avatar on top should have something like "unbreakable morale" for as long as the avatar stands...you've got proof god is there with you!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 26, 2011, 07:16:09 am »

Actually if you examine the rules for command avatar, it says that once per game they may be used to spawn a race
It's FEF, not FEOF

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #156 on: July 26, 2011, 04:30:26 pm »

Actually if you examine the rules for command avatar, it says that once per game they may be used to spawn a race

so...if i spend "2 points" i grab a race? even if it's just the first era? O_O

adding to previous orders:
my newly created avatar is commanded (2 points) to create a race of sentient creatures, whose skin is similar to hardened rock with little mana gems, who exhale the black fog. they eat sand for nourishment, or rocks. or anything earthy.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 26, 2011, 08:59:23 pm »

Turn 5

Map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Power Points

Turn Order

Races

Mana Golems (Needs official name from creator)

The Darkness
Welcome to Reality.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 26, 2011, 09:06:38 pm »

I spend 10 points for another catastrophe, in the ocean to the left of the new volcano island, north of those mountains. A earthquake opens up a rift deep in the ocean. Then I spend 6 points to make a great coral reef around that rift.
Hmm.. I think that would be enough for now..

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 26, 2011, 09:23:34 pm »

Deep beneath the earth, the hive dug it's roots in...    And they grew, and reached furthur down, eventually reaching a hidden mana spring, bringing many new changes to it...

I empower the newly formed central intelligence of the hive as my avatar, 10 points

I then have it gainn the ability to spawn the Dresh. They appear to be humanoids with a tail and extremely transparent skin. Their eyes are inverted so that they are black with white pupils. Ringing the top of their heads and running down their upper arms are small spikes (about the size of Darth Mauls). They have long retractable claws in their fingers, and a larger set of spikes on the ends of their tails. They are capable of sprinting at very fast speeds. Despite their fearsome appearance, they are actually quite calm and prefer not to fight unless they have to as they tire out quickly without meals in between. In times of Hunger the Hive sends them out into the surrounding areas to hunt down and bring back food from for it.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 26, 2011, 09:25:45 pm »

It seems that to spawn a race with an avatar, you need to do the Command Avatar power. So i'll just deduct some points later on for that.
Welcome to Reality.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 26, 2011, 09:26:59 pm »

I am aware of that
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 26, 2011, 09:43:57 pm »

I would like to say that this map is very exotic; more so than what I was expecting. In my opinion, the possibilities for features such as those in this session far outweigh the benefits of a hexographer. I give my support to you guys!

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 26, 2011, 09:56:27 pm »

i use 10 points to create an avatar, he lives in the grasslands. he is a giant mound of earth shaped into a roughly humanoid form. he has grass growing on his head and shoulders, he creates tall grass where ever he walks, he can launch giant balls of mud up to a mile. his name is the living earth.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 27, 2011, 01:05:15 am »

Look! Art really does imitate life. Just look at those gorgeous Pyrenees!

So yeah, create a mountain range to separate that peninsula and then create a series of islands on the eastern side of the map near the equator.

Oh yeah, I popped in Ultimuh's trench and reef as well, hope that's okay. I also changed the look of the tundra as it's supposed to be all flat lands.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17