Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 465771 times)

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's a symbolic shedding of their civilian identity.

How does a hunter always know when there is something around to hunt?
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile

A hunter's beard is like a million tiny radars that detect a potential target to shoot at.

Why are the elves with a penchant to disappoint with animals to trade?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

Because they are disappointments to begin with.

how many wood-dwarves would a wood-chuck chuck at the elves if a wood-chuck had [crazed] and could chuck wood-dwarves?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Camulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A wood chuck would chuck enough wood-dwarves at the Elves to initiate a veritable berserk midget massacre till no elves were left for the wood chuck to chuck wood-dwarves at.

How many dwarven children would it take to kill a dragon?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

A wood chuck would chuck enough wood-dwarves at the Elves to initiate a veritable berserk midget massacre till no elves were left for the wood chuck to chuck wood-dwarves at.

How many dwarven children would it take to kill a dragon?
One, in a martial trance.

How many fluffy wamblers would it take to kill a dragon?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile

If you're aiming for the head, one.

Why do gods curse people with werecoati-ness, if there are so many cooler, scarrier and more interesting animals running around?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because the gods have VERY limited imaginations.

Why do the gods make people into vampires, then not apply some form of weakness to them?
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Wormser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why go into a bowyer shop and make a...... Legandary Carved Coffee Wood Blowgun....  Encrusted with oval cabaltite cabochons and encircled with bands of coffee wood and willow. With an image of totem in brown jasper. And yet forget to me leganday blowdart ammuniton for it to...

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Why go into a bowyer shop and make a...... Legandary Carved Coffee Wood Blowgun....  Encrusted with oval cabaltite cabochons and encircled with bands of coffee wood and willow. With an image of totem in brown jasper. And yet forget to me leganday blowdart ammuniton for it to...
"Damn it, Urist! I'm a bowyer, not a woodcrafter!"

Why do the gods make people into vampires, then not apply some form of weakness to them?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

GiantCaveMushroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Born Pessimist
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain w
« Reply #4359 on: October 26, 2015, 06:55:20 am »

Because the gods, again, have VERY limited imagination.

Why do gods get all the worship and not the forgotten beasts or the sun?

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain w
« Reply #4360 on: October 26, 2015, 10:24:00 am »

Because the gods, again, have VERY limited imagination.

Why do gods get all the worship and not the forgotten beasts or the sun?

Think about it this way:

Gods will smite you if you don't worship them.

Forgotten Beasts will smite you no matter what you do.

The sun doesn't care.

Given this, who do you think they should be worshipping?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The sun, because he is the most like a dwarf! 8)

when did toady remove cold damage?
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The sun, because he is the most like a dwarf! 8)

when did toady remove cold damage?

He didn't. Maybe your embark isn't as cold as you think it is? You can use DFHack's "probe" tool while you have a tile selected to get a list of information about it, including temperature. If that temperature is above 9964 U, then your dwarves are not, in fact, in danger of frostbite, even though 9964 U is equivalent to -4 degrees Fahrenheit (-20 Celsius, if you prefer).

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile

How close does a killed animal corpse have to be before a butchery is willing to chop it up for meat and bones (or just bones if the corpse is slightly rotted)?

I've had butcheries less than 15 tiles away from nonsentient corpses, and they refuse to butcher them.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How close does a killed animal corpse have to be before a butchery is willing to chop it up for meat and bones (or just bones if the corpse is slightly rotted)?

I've had butcheries less than 15 tiles away from nonsentient corpses, and they refuse to butcher them.

I've never been able to butcher anything that I didn't order slaughtered in the animal menu.
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 301