Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 465574 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Reported gore spam.

Why are siege engines generally so unamazing?

Because we're fighting against invaders, not against a stationary target. Siege engines are built for sieging, not for fighting things that can get away.

Why the fuck did Zicit spam gore in the thread?
He's a troll. At the time I reported him he'd only been active for a little while and had only 42 posts, presumably all spamming the same gore. I went into two threads with it before I caught on to what was happening. ( To be fair, I was in public for the first one and just generally didn't want to see it, so I just killed my browser without checking to see who was doing it. )

Because they were secretly elves.

Why did the trade caravan path straight to the edge of the waterfall, and why dd my dwarves decide to collect the remains at the bottom of the 10 z-level waterfall?
Obviously there were some fine quality xXTroll fur socksXx in that caravan.

Why is hell cordoned off with such a valuable and useful material as adamantine?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile

Same reason my front gate was briefly made of soap - it was the closest available material.

If that's true, why isn't it plugged with magma?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

He's a troll. At the time I reported him he'd only been active for a little while and had only 42 posts, presumably all spamming the same gore. I went into two threads with it before I caught on to what was happening. ( To be fair, I was in public for the first one and just generally didn't want to see it, so I just killed my browser without checking to see who was doing it. )
Trolls like to kill goblins almost as much as I do, that guy was just a jerk, and yeah, I think I caught him early and started reports before I went to bed last night. You can just ask for a ban I think, don't gotta be THAT much of a dick.

TheFlame52: Demons are magmaproof.

Why did I uh... this is hard to explain:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Why was a necromancer horrified by death?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Trolls like to kill goblins almost as much as I do, that guy was just a jerk, and yeah, I think I caught him early and started reports before I went to bed last night. You can just ask for a ban I think, don't gotta be THAT much of a dick.

TheFlame52: Demons are magmaproof.

Why did I uh... this is hard to explain:
Why was a necromancer horrified by death?
Yeah, I just asked Toady to take care of it, and he did. That's good enough for me. If he does it again, I'll do the same.

Was it his death? I don't think necromancers can come back from their own death.

Talking horse?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What horse?

That necromancer was inside. How could he have seen what I was doing to the one outside? Oh worth pointing out again: he's standing in a room so full of zombies you literally can't take a step without bumping into a rotting animated corpse.

Hidden secret question:

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He didn't really think through his career choice ahead of time, and just sort of fell into something unsuitable -- it happens. Or maybe he never wanted to be a necromancer, but his parents pushed him into it and paid for necromancer-college. Now he's regretting his choice and having a midlife crisis.

Why do marksdwarves with plenty of ammo charge into battle and use their crossbows as bludgeons?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 07:46:28 am by MobRules »
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile

They are trying to be as close to utter dorfiness as possible.

Why were the above couple of posts rather incoherent?
I do stuff, I guess

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Sorry! My fault!

Why is my eternal energy generator not working?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

The law of conservation of energy

How many unanswered questions have piled up at this point?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

are kobold bulbs made from real kobolds?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile

No, but they're made from real bulbs.

Why do dwarves so often ignore the armor I give them unless I tell them to strip down and put on only armor? (Yes, I know the game mechanic behind it, I'm just grousing).

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

It is only the tender brush of wind on their bare skin that lets them know that they need to change.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

(( Not a wtf, but it is a plug: Vote on the fate of MurderMachines here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148661.0 ))

Why haven't dwarves successfully split the atom yet?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile

The world still needs to exist for blood to be shed. Armok simply cannot afford that.

Why haven't dwarves discovered magnetism yet?
I do stuff, I guess

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you think beards work? It is a little known fact that a beard is composed of subatomic fibers capable of directly tweaking the position, spin, and momentum of nearby particles. Thankfully Urist Dorfenheimer was too drunk to notice that the pitchblende blocks composing the walls of his fortress could produce rather dramatic results if encouraged by the beard of a sufficiently motivated and suicidal dorf.

Why has nobody in this thread noticed that the real power source behind perpetual motion waterwheel plants is unanswered questions from this very thread?
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 301