Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466216 times)

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile

They use the magic they are imbued with.

Where does this magic come from?
I do stuff, I guess

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

necromancy. :|

Why does light scarring destroy the ability of the hands?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

necromancy. :|

Why does light scarring destroy the ability of the hands?
Are you confusing dwarves with elves? You know very well that dwarves aren't pussies like that.

What does to mountainhome do with all those goblets? As in do they DRINK from it?! Real dwarves drink from a barrel.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's a reason why dwarves are moving out of the Mountainhomes.

Why is it that Dwarven world-gen sites have all manners of forges, clothier shops and looms, but not a trace of a farm plot anywhere?
I do stuff, I guess

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

(IIRC, there's farm plots in the inter-fortress hallways.)

Worldgen dorfs are completely immune to the effects of famine and only die glorious deaths of old age and in battle.

Why is it that dwarves have an entire stat for musicality but the only music in the game is the background guitar?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You mean that isn't piano?  Because dwarven music is dangerous.  "Jam sessions" usually end in two or more fatalities.

Why aren't you told about your dwarves' pregnancies?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

It's not really a noteworthy event until the baby's there... no, the mother isn't going to stop drinking, that would be crazy! (suddenly dwarven dimwittedness makes a little more sense)

How do dwarves brew alcohol so fast?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

They extract the alchohol molecules from the plants with their beards, the still is mostly just to catch the backsplash.

*Ninja'd* Because a dorflet birthing event is more similar to that of a kangaroo or panda, with a tiny poorly formed monsterdorflet crawling up to the safety of the mother's beard, which is why I always put the beards back on, it makes no sense otherwise.

The event shown in game as a birth is just when they get large enough to fall out of the beard, explaining how you can have fully armored soldiers give birth mid-battle.

Why doesn't the world ever run out of vermin, I've watched cats kill what must be thousands of lizards and hamsters, how can the vermin population survive in places where kittens aren't slaughtered immediately after being born?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:21:32 pm by Max™ »

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vermin are basically like little demons Armok has not noticed and stuffed into HFS during world-gen. They are innumerable.

Why are dead vermin purple?
I do stuff, I guess

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

It's a stage in the life cycle of the plump helmet fungus. They infest vermin corpses due to their being small enough to be shaded by grass and such, much like they infest corpses and food left in the dark to rot, producing clouds of spores. These spores interfere with dorf reproductive spores and have become associated with frustration and disgust, hence why they are called miasma and make dorfs sick. If left alone long enough they will take up root as plump helmet plants which then send out spores into the local environment in an attempt to find other corpses to decompose. When they are unable to do so they enter a new stage in the life cycle wherein they grow limbs and are known as plump helmet men, which move around until they find a suitable area and upon death provide food for more vermin.

Why did all of that make sense to me?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's a symptom of the first stage of Dwarf Affliction Virus (DAV).

What's the difference between flooding one's fort with sea water and flooding one's fort with river water?
I do stuff, I guess

fredigar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can drink river water but not salt water

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Why don't you ask questions?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

He actually asked a question, but a coraibold aedelbold kobold stole it.

Why are dwarves in a scorching embark area perfectly fine until droplets of rain hit them, in which they then start melting? Shouldn't they already be melting before it even rained?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Because dry heat is far more tolerable than being drenched in boiling water.

Why can I never keep playing a fortress for more than a couple years ingame?
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 301