Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466310 times)

blazing glory

All of it.

Why can Dwarf's drink unhealthy amounts of booze and not suffer any side effects?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Because "unhealthy amounts of booze" for a dorf is "0 booze", as they are just alchohol powered vehicles for their beard.

Why don't engravers get upset that their masterful carvings lining the outside meeting area (to reduce cave adaptation) are under what has to be a foot of vomit?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Engravings are very nice and can be beautiful. But there is one major problem with them: They are monochromatic. A TRUE artist would not look upon his bloody or vomit coloured engraving and think "Woe is me! My masterpiece is ruined.". A TRUE artist would reflect on how beautifully the new green/red coating harmonized with the angles and curves of the engraving. Now, TREES growing out of an engraving is ALL WRONG. It just doesn't work. What do you think we are, ELVES? We make immortal masterpieces out of the LIVING STONE, not fiddle around with STICKS and LEAVES.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Answering Arcvasti again: mu.

Question: why doesn't Arcvasti ask questions? :D

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

Arcvasti believes he knows all, little does he suspect that true wisdom is being able to figure out what you don't know

What is this Mu you keep using?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mu_%28negative%29

Why doesn't animated hair seem capable of harming dorfs or being harmed by them?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Because it is hair. It isnt fine enough to force its way into their windpipe, and if it does it usually can't clump up to suffocate them, massive enough to damage them any other way, or solid enough to be damaged by them.

Why the hell do necromancers even bother reanimating hair?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As far as I've seen they don't, but the portion of my map which is terrifying will do the trick nicely.

Why the hell did I forget that I have a dump for interesting corpses with cage traps to catch the reanimated stuff right above the area I tried to put a farmer's workshop and designate shearing/spinning jobs?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Aethetics.  That is all.          Why dont more creaures try sneaking?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Vyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you ever seen a sneaking elephant? Those stealthy bastards I swear... "The -iron minecart- has been misplaced! No doubt the ghosts are to blame!" Yeah keep thinking that...

Why are dorf ghosts all either spineless wimps that don't even bother to notify the residents of their existence, or murderous nutjobs hellbent on ripping everyone's limbs off?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

The ones who aren't either too cowardly to enter the afterlife or too angry to let go of their past life don't come back as ghosts

How many yak hair zombies are needed to train discipline fastest?

Enchiridion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The ones who aren't either too cowardly to enter the afterlife or too angry to let go of their past life don't come back as ghosts

How many yak hair zombies are needed to train discipline fastest?
The yak hair zombies must be proportional to the amount of Dwarf beard hair non-zombies you are willing to train.

Why do necromancers even bother visiting if they are just gona sightsee?

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile

They want to get out of the tower and away from the corpses from time to time.

Why do Dwarves have hands when they can clearly do things with their beards?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because dwarves hven't invented pockets, so they need hands to store stuff.

How can female dorfs do things like engrave stones and separate chemicals by molecular weight even if you haven't re-added their beards?

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because dwarves hven't invented pockets, so they need hands to store stuff.

How can female dorfs do things like engrave stones and separate chemicals by molecular weight even if you haven't re-added their beards?

Haven't you ever heard of virtual particles and black holes? Dwarven female beards act much the same way. 

why are the new trees so overpowerdly awesome?
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 301