Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466363 times)

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.
« Reply #2775 on: September 14, 2014, 07:29:43 pm »

It was needed and nobody else stepped up

Why do my dwarves refuse to sell artifacts to the merchants?

I actually reclaimed a fortress that had made an artifact slate flute, and when I found it, we were able to sell it to the caravans.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.
« Reply #2776 on: September 14, 2014, 10:14:21 pm »

Because the foundation would erode faster.

How do ghosts die?
Ghosts have ectoplasm which falls out if they touch things (the UI doesn't show it, but it's totally there) and if it bleeds, we can kill it

How many crossbow bolts does it take to get to the center of a zombie-sturgeon-pop?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: September 14, 2014, 10:16:36 pm »

ALL OF THEM.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

arcane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: September 14, 2014, 11:09:48 pm »

How did I get a migration wave that was 1 baby and 3 donkeys?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: September 14, 2014, 11:42:45 pm »

How did I get a migration wave that was 1 baby and 3 donkeys?
Sounds like apolitical joke

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: September 15, 2014, 01:36:58 pm »

Because the foundation would erode faster.

How do ghosts die?
Ghosts have ectoplasm which falls out if they touch things (the UI doesn't show it, but it's totally there) and if it bleeds, we can kill it

How many crossbow bolts does it take to get to the center of a zombie-sturgeon-pop?

Exactly 88.34 licks.

Why do dwarves never go to the infirmary if they have broken thumbs or fingers?
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

Vyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: September 28, 2014, 07:04:58 am »

Because by dorf logic if you can walk by yourself, you aren't really sick enough to warrant medical care. Just walk it off will ye?
And if you can't walk, you are basically dead anyways because dorven healthcare.

How comes that dorven healthcare is so... effective in a certain way...

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: September 30, 2014, 04:33:21 pm »

Canine Kung Fu.

Why don't Forgotten Beasts attack each other?

I actually had a Forgotten Beast kill another Forgotten Beast on my Glacial Tundra Fortress.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile

Dwarven doctors are so insightful they'd rather remove the cause than the effect. You bleeding out from that gaping hole in your chest is the effect. The cause? Well, the goblins. Wait, a doctor can't do anything about the goblins... The actual cause? You having a heart in first place.

Why dwarves can only transport heavy-as-hell resources only from stockpile to stockpile, but not from stockpile to the workshop?
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds like a case of stockpile link fail.

Why can't I get money to Toady by throwing it at his avatar on my screen? it'd be so much simpler than other online payment methods...
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Sounds like a case of stockpile link fail.

Why can't I get money to Toady by throwing it at his avatar on my screen? it'd be so much simpler than other online payment methods...
Firewalls.  You have a wall of fire.

Why dont dwarves use poisoned traps?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They get drunk and drink the poison.

Why is the only rock anyone in the fortress wants the one on the other side of the third cavern, miles away from anything else?  Not like there aren't giant stockpiles full of it right next to the crafting halls...
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

Because even though it's a shorter walk from the workshop to the stockpile, from over here in the dining hall, that stone is immediately closer to me even though I have to go all the way around the fort to get it.

Why are there goblins in my trees?

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile

Because even though it's a shorter walk from the workshop to the stockpile, from over here in the dining hall, that stone is immediately closer to me even though I have to go all the way around the fort to get it.

Why are there goblins in my trees?

Because they're not quite ripe yet.  Wait for fall and then they'll be ready to pick.

Why does a collapsing floor suck dwarves toward it?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

Dwarves by nature wish to be closer to the earth, and you can't get much closer than being smashed into it at a molecular level

Why does the entire ocean freeze in winter?
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 301