Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466406 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Only pansy elves take the easy routes through the forests.

Why do all the people my adventurer talks to constantly spit?
It's a new form of greeting.

Why is everything inevitable?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile

Because Armok wills it to be

why do people think that the beards control dwarves
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

The beards told them so.

Why are my highly disciplined soldiers fearless in the face of the goblins, but terrified of their dead bodies?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Because they just wanted to scare off the goblins, not kill them!

How do people even fail to see that certain rulers are demons? I mean, I find it hard to believe a five-limbed humanoid with four elephant faces and a scorpion tail was able to pretend to be a human.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Who's pretending?  Everyone notices the demons, but only you obnoxious demi-gods with chips on your shoulders care.

Why is it, after no matter how many decades of sumptuous food, epic Halls and fabulous bedrooms is every Dwarf approximately 4 seconds and 1 missed meal from riot?

Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Who's pretending?  Everyone notices the demons, but only you obnoxious demi-gods with chips on your shoulders care.

Why is it, after no matter how many decades of sumptuous food, epic Halls and fabulous bedrooms is every Dwarf approximately 4 seconds and 1 missed meal from riot?

Because the hippies didn't bring you sun berries after you murdered the first three sets of traders, and as a result your booze sucks.

Why is a dwarf's natural habitat "standing in precisely the wrong location?" I.e, standing on tiles being channeled, on the wrong side of walls being constructed, walking directly into webs for no readily apparent reason, wandering into pretty much every nasty in the caverns, etc.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

Dwarves secretly yearn to be rebels, but they are too lawful to do it in any way beyond standing in stupid places

Why do dwarves only need to eat twice in a season?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Dwarves secretly yearn to be rebels, but they are too lawful to do it in any way beyond standing in stupid places

Why do dwarves only need to eat twice in a season?
Time is very dorfy in fort mode. It's shorter.

What caused trees to be so much bigger all of the sudden?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Elven majykz.

How exactly do you stack water.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

The same way you roast wine.

Why aren't the dwarves even actually aware of their patron god, Armok?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some of them are, they're the ones called "Stark Raving Mad."

What do dwarves use to encrust large gems with more gems?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 05:45:41 am by Solon64 »
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What do dwarves use to encrust large gems with more gems?

Gem-to-gem encrusting glue

Why will a dwarf cancel hauling a dead body to a tomb upon seeing a dead body on the ground
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Vyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why will a dwarf cancel hauling a dead body to a tomb upon seeing a dead body on the ground?

Because his workload has just doubled before his very eyes and thus he's utterly shocked. That or he simply tripped over it.

Why would spiky wooden balls cost so much?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Because they piss off elves, are largely impractical, and menace with spikes. It's the dwarfiest thing ever.

Why do dwarves let stuff beat them to death instead of retaliating?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

ComatosePhoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because you didn't enable the Fighting back labor

Why cant cooks get the seeds out of the food first?
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 301