Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466458 times)

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile

The only reviews they recieve are from zombies, and those things are well-known for being suck-ups.

Why do dwarven cats never drink booze?
Because they are the hivemind hosts, if they drunk booze they would subject to it too, and you could have control over them, plus, they know that.

How can dwarves walk trough the caverns without any source of light beyond a caged fireimp without getting bruises everywhere from hitting the walls?
In a time before time, I had a name.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile

Low light vision.

Where are the hobbitses?
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Low light vision.

Where are the hobbitses?

On their way to Mordor.

Not that I'm complaining, but how can an infant dwarf drag his mother to the infirmary?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:38:15 am by CaptainMcClellan »

jcochran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not that I'm complaining, but how can an infant dwarf drag his infant mother to the infirmary?

By her hair.

Why haven't cats taken over all the fortresses?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Butcher brigades.

Not exactly fitting, but who here hopes that Toady never fixes the Perpetual Motion set-up?

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile

Not exactly fitting, but who here hopes that Toady never fixes the Perpetual Motion set-up?
Anybody, we are mostly expecting Toady to force us into making !!Science!! in search for new methods.

Thoughts on goblin prisoner powered machines?
In a time before time, I had a name.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anybody, we are mostly expecting Toady to force us into making !!Science!! in search for new methods.

Thoughts on goblin prisoner powered machines?

I probably need a few dozen more.

Why can dwarves survive with their heart missing?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Doktoro Reichard

• Bay Watcher
  • Lunatic formerly known as Escaped
    • View Profile

They can? Maybe they're undead to start. Honestly, I always thought any "severe" heart injury (as such, this includes a missing heart) meant death.

Why is there a mention to ►Magic◄ items in the ingame help, despite not existing at all in the game?
I have to write something... well here goes:
"A dwarf isn't a dwarf unless he dies the most !!FUN!! of ways", Quote unknown, possibly Armok.

Doktoro Reichard is quite pleased with making a Great Carbonite Trap

Why shouldn't you write with a broken pencil? Because it's pointless!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

It's a reversal of the norm in fantasy worlds where the magic dies off. In Dwarf Fortress, it hasn't been born yet. ( They are waiting though! )

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

Currently, the heart just bleeds a lot when it gets damaged, it doesn't actually do anything for the dwarf (unlike their precious, precious liver). I would guess that if the heart is completely removed, the game only makes the dwarf bleed as much as they would for any severed body part of that size, so they survive. I have no idea how their heart could be cut out without damaging it though, unless you just removed it from their raws or something similar.

Why can't flying or swimming creatures remember where they were going a second ago?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Mr.Mountain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because they're too busy trying to dodge all the steel bolts flying at them from bored, trigger happy marksdwarves.

Why are my masons totally free to do irrelevant labors that I'm sure I disabled them from doing, but have no time for ACTUAL masonry?
no one could have anticipated this

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because they're too busy trying to dodge all the steel bolts flying at them from bored, trigger happy marksdwarves.

Why are my masons totally free to do irrelevant labors that I'm sure I disabled them from doing, but have no time for ACTUAL masonry?
Doing things against the rules gives a thrill. Even scrubbing the floors clean of filth, apparently.

Why did my active military run after some passing keas and left the front entrance open for a few kobolds to loot our wares?
Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

blazing glory

They were afraid that the keas would steal their shiny armor.

Why are horses so powerful?

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile

1200 pounds of muscle can't be anything other than powerful.  That's about 5 Schwarzeneggers, if measured at his peak condition as a competitive body-builder.

Why is it that miners can feel the slightest trickle of water on the other side of a wall, but don't notice that there's no support to a floor they're channeling out?
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile

That is a feature. Miners have a limited scope of vision so while they will see/feel the water right next to them it doesn't occur to the to be sure the floor is supported somewhere they can't see.

Why is it in a fort with only about 25 Dwarfs nine of them are children?
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 301