Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466475 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Because they are antisocial, greedy bastards who are so smug with their "intelligence" and "wit" that they don't realize how stupid they actually are. Plus also, they probably have that thing where they suck at seeing.

Why is it that Dwarves get happy thoughts from taking a soapy bath when they are clearly filthy, drunken bastards who can't swim?

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cause after certain limits they can not apply more filth on themselves, and then bath saves the day.

Why elves hate treekillers but devour their own friends?
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Waste not, want not. I mean, a huge pile of dead meat is lying right there, it'd almost be a sin not to eat it.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The fort's in lock down. An army of goblins mounted on cave dragons are at the edge of the map. Then Urist McSuicide looks up from whatever job he doing with a determined glint in his eyes and begins his 2 mile sprint from deep within the safety of the fortress towards the the Goblin lines. He ignores his burrow. He ignores the civilian alert. He ignores his squad's orders to move into a safe position. He ignores even direct orders issued to him alone to do anything but run like he is on fire directly into the waiting dragon riders. The doors of the fortress are ordered closed but he runs with such determination and speed that he beats the lever pullers to their task and sails out into the sunlight and towards the approaching enemy. After covering another half mile in mere seconds he finally charges strait into the goblins horde which commences to gleefully hack him apart. Blood spatters and pieces of dwarf arc through the air but even this does not dissuade him. Rather than pause to fight back, Urist ignores the trivial inconvenience of having his arm torn off and continues to hobble hell bent towards the unknowable object of his obsession.  Finally, in pool of blood and his own severed body parts he comes to a stop not because he has reached his senses but because both of his legs are now gone and a merciful goblin is about to drive their spear through his head. Thus ends the life of Urist McSuicide, master miner and first of the original 7 to fall.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 10:03:34 am by Melting Sky »

blazing glory

Original 7? no wonder he died,he was too insane to know better

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile

how did the fish get in the bathtub?
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile

Cave fish are not true fish. They are fish-like mushrooms.
Clearly, somewhere else on your map, a cave fish released a spore which found its way into your bathtub, and grew using the blood of forgotten beasts to gain energy.

Why will dwarves refuse to mine something that is blocked by a 1/7 pool...
...of water? They can't swim, but that's ankle-deep at most.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile

Because they know the knee water is enough to hide a carp waiting for him.

Why do dwarves are so fond of minecraft's spleef?
In a time before time, I had a name.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile

Because they can fulfill their desires to destroy floors haphazardly without any risk of it collapsing.

Why do dwarves under strange moods create absolutely useless things quite often?

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile

Because they can fulfill their desires to destroy floors haphazardly without any risk of it collapsing.

Why do dwarves under strange moods create absolutely useless things quite often?

Because it's Art, no one said it had to be useful.

Why do the dwarven rescue team keeps going to recover the wounded, find whatever is killing the victim patient, then proceeds to turn around like nothing happened, only to come back again later?
In a time before time, I had a name.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

I dunno, and as an addendum, why is that if you order ten dwarves to an area to recover wounded they'll just screw around and then leave without the injured party?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

When a dwarf is significantly injured, their beards go offline and they lose their link to the hivemind. Since this is how dwarves locate each other, the recoverers are unable to discern their target. Incidentally, this is why hospitalized dwarves receive only water while hospitalized. Other dwarves perceive them as a large mushroom, and try to water them.

Why can't my dwarves be more like Simon of the Yogscast, and DIGGY DIGGY THE MUTHA-F***ING HOLE!!!!!!!??????????????!!!!!!???????????????????????????
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

Because dwarves do not dig, for that is a barbaric act far below them. No, they mine holes. Philistine.

Why does Armok allow something as un-Armok-like as Elves to live?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

ZeroMcUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because dwarves do not dig, for that is a barbaric act far below them. No, they mine holes. Philistine.

Why does Armok allow something as un-Armok-like as Elves to live?

Why, blood for the blood god, of course!

Why are necromancers such mundane writers?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile

The only reviews they recieve are from zombies, and those things are well-known for being suck-ups.

Why do dwarven cats never drink booze?
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 301