Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 467366 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sheer drunken determination.

Why is a silk sock more dangerous than an adamantine warhammer?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The sock is heavier.

Why won't dwarves use the bins, cloth, or armor of their predecessors in a reclaim fort? They use most everything else.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Because they must respect the dead by not using their prized possessions: clothing, armor, and stockpile management devices.
(sounds to me like the game isn't clearing the data or something from previous owners, military squads, and stockpiles?)

Why don't traders and diplomats locked in a fort just chill out and wait for the siege to break instead of going berserk?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile

Why don't traders and diplomats locked in a fort just chill out and wait for the siege to break instead of going berserk?

Because they know someone back home just died and if they don't get back RIGHT NOW then they won't get those socks!

The real question is, why don't Elves get splinters from their wooden armour?
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

jcochran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Who says they don't? After all, they might enjoy it.

Why can you use magma forges and smelters to create and work magma safe materials like iron and steel?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because the way they are shaped make the tempature hotter.

Why do dwarves insist on locking themselves out of the fortress.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The universe is telling you to go for her.

Why haven't dwarves weaponized the gremlin's invisibility field?
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

UnlawfullyDeranged

• Bay Watcher
  • For every one, there will be one hundred more.
    • View Profile
    • 'Best War Animals'  'Clocks'

Because invisibility is for elven ambushers.

How is Armok reconcilable with mods?
Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
Just no cheesemakers.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because they don't know how to ride. or mount. They use spores.

If alcohol is lighter than water, why don't dwarves float?
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile

Because they don't know how to ride. or mount. They use spores.

This answer is WIN

But to answer your question: dwarves metabolize alcohol into beard hair, which is denser than water.

Why won't dwarves decorate an item with its own material, or with the same material twice?
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile

Why won't dwarves decorate an item with its own material, or with the same material twice?

What, like some sort of degenerate? Everyone knows that's a massive faux pas.

Why does only one group of animals per biome appear at a time?
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile

They take turns viewing a bunch of lazy, drunk, bearded fat people hobble around like as if they are doing something.

Why do dwarves love socks so much? As far as I know, they don't jack off.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do dwarves love socks so much? As far as I know, they don't jack off.

Dwarves want to differentiate themselves from hobbits who, as everyone knows, have very hairy, sockless feet. They also get cold feet easily and die if they stay barefoot for over a month. And about the second part of your question, try checking a dwarfs thoughts when he is "on break" in his bedroom.

Why do dwarves prefer fighting with their fists and feet instead of the adamantine weapon they are holding?

Tarqiup Inua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Flock of keas just stole almost whole suit of masterwork steel armor I was preparing for my adventurer... breastplate, greaves, helm, three mail shirts, shield... they stole artifact iron shield, before, too
Nuri al-Gnat - dwarven apidologist
notable works: al-Gnat's test (for determining the child snatcher's ability to pass undetected while getting stung by bees... or at least look human while at it)
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 301