Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 454473 times)

Xob Ludosmbax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ever had a stout beer?  Dwarven beer is even thicker than that. 

Why does my mega-!!SCIENCE!!-project keep getting derailed?

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile

Ever had a stout beer?  Dwarven beer is even thicker than that. 

Why does my mega-!!SCIENCE!!-project keep getting derailed?

Because you forgot to put wheels on the thing?

Why do plump helmets grow so fast when the mushrooms are in fact the reproductive organs of the fungas? And why don't goblins employ the use of siege engines like trebuchets?
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile

1. Like the dwarves that cultivate them, plump helmet spores require a seed point to grow. Also like dwarves, their reproductive processes are scarily fast. Generations of selective breeding may have been in play, along with a possible symbiotic connection to the dwarven hive.
2. Nobody uses mobile siege engines as of yet- cave mounts provide a suitable equivalent in terms of stopping power.

WHat's with all the elaborate beard-braiding? Doesn't that impede its use as a tool?
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

Halceon

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:vile machinations]
    • View Profile

Have you learned nothing from folk tales?
"Alone you are weak, together you are strong"
Same goes for beard strands - a loose beard is a weak beard, barely able to hold a fork. A neatly braided beard, however, can be made into a net, so that a dwarf can haul a heavy object WHILE weilding a warhammer and shield and operating door handles.

Why can't you order clothing made in complete sets from the manager's office? 80 sets of trousers + robe + shoes + cap, please!
I'm looking for your fort, maybe. Find out - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124606.0
ág sôd onol nekik
edir thol, kor egar
    berdan kälán
    alod kodor
absam abal aroth limul

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Because the managing position makes the dwarf forget what a set is. He can only process individual items, hundreds at a time.

Why does nobody remember Slaves to Armok: God of Blood Chapter 1?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

There was a chapter 1?
I thought Toady put in Chapter 2 just as stylistic choice.

What if dwarves suffered from ocular conditions like near and far sighted-ness?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The price of Clear Glass would go through the roof.

Why is there no tool -tortoise sheel beard comb-?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Dwarves comb their beards with Large Serrated Disc traps.

When you mod masks to be common for dwarves, why are they made of metal?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Komra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wooden masks are to voodoo-like and elven, while stone and clay masks are either too heavy or uncarvable (depending on thickness). Glass masks... don't really make sense. Metal's really the only way to go.

How can a creature's bloodstain cover a square of semi-elastic space?
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

You hit them really hard.

If all the demons are sealed by adamantine, how do some escape to rule goblin civs?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The goblins kidnap a dwarf kid with a toy pick. The kid digs to deep. The child dies in the ensuing release of HFS and the toy pick is lost to the test of time. Because it is only a small breach only a couple of HFS get out. They then raise quickly in popularity with the gobbos.

Why can a dwarf fall 7 z-levels and live (sometimes) but if a rock falls on them from 1 z level high they get atom smashed?

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarves are light and fluffy. Boulders are heavy and hard. Boulders hit the ground with much more gusto than dwarves do.

Why can a vampire survive his first 20-z fall with only a few broken toes, while the second one bashes his skull in?
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Because falling on your leg does not damage you that much, while falling on your skull is fatal.

Why are there fewer awesome threads on the board than it used to be?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Vector, and the lack thereof.

Who's excited to be able to pitch a dwarven tent!?

Komra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not me- a tent made of metal mesh would be too heavy. I hate clothiers too much to bother with their materials, and stone's no option either.

Who wants to start impaling enemy heads on pikes?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 301