Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 467621 times)

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile

Because curiosity kills the cat, and everything must die in this game.

Why isn't there a great deal of good DF fan music?
Because it only has one track, so there's almost nothing to base your fan music off of and call it "DF music".

Why do goblins have [NO_EAT] and [NO_SLEEP] if eating and sleeping for anything but dorfs (not counting grazers) isn't implemented?
My wooden badge was delicious.

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile

Goblins are slated to be the star race of Slaves to Armok: God of Blood Chapter III: Goblin Horde. All survival needs are suspended in preference for carnage.

How do craftsdwarves seem to know the entire history of their race?
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Goblins are slated to be the star race of Slaves to Armok: God of Blood Chapter III: Goblin Horde. All survival needs are suspended in preference for carnage.

How do craftsdwarves seem to know the entire history of their race?
What else are they going to be fixated on in the long, long hours spent making +gabbro mugs+ in some underground hovel? They put their entire minds to memorizing the entire world's history, or else they'd go more insane than usual.

If spiked balls are worth a lot, and golden salve is worth a lot, what happens when you slather a spiked ball in golden salve and sell it to some unwary humans?

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

You would get something worth less than ☼cat tallow roasts☼.

Why; from a non-technical standpoint, is cooked meals worth so much?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because dwarf beard hair is a very rare item and sometimes it flakes off a cook dwarf when they are preparing a meal and into the food.

Why can a dragon burn down a cage from the outside but not the inside?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

Because when a Dragon is caged, a small, invisible dart of dwarf beard hair locks up a dragons flame producing organs.
The dwarfbeardhairdart teleports from the dragons throat to the dwarves beard whenever said dwarf attempts to move the cage.

Where do dwarves go when they die, besides magma and a stone slab or a box in the ground?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 05:46:10 pm by Facekillz058 »
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile

To Soberland.

How are dwarves perfectly able to dig through granite and other hard rocks with mere copper picks?
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

To Soberland.

How are dwarves perfectly able to dig through granite and other hard rocks with mere copper picks?
The same way they can make chairs out of chalk.

Why don't dwarven tools ever rust (At least in the current release)?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To Soberland.

Alcohol rusts?

Anyway, if glumprongs are purple, how do they photosynthesize?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To Soberland.

Alcohol rusts?

Anyway, if glumprongs are purple, how do they photosynthesize?

Glumplogs photosynthesize with Armok's blessing.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp

How do animals in DF inbreed with no consequences?
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do animals in DF inbreed with no consequences?
They don't inbreed, they asexually bud. This process can only be brought on by the sight of an opposite-gendered member of the same species.

How do you make beer out of grass?

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like making beer normally. It's easy with a beard.

Why do vampires happily divulge that they have a looong history of past entities, including ones that were wiped out 200+ years ago?
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile

Why do vampires happily divulge that they have a looong history of past entities, including ones that were wiped out 200+ years ago?

ExXxtreme bragging rights.

How come, when you deconstruct something, dozens of items from nearby stockpiles teleport to the place where the dorf stood whilst doing said deconstructing?
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The items all yearn to meet their lost families located in the workshop's materials and try their hardest to get there.

Why are dwarves always smiling?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 301