Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 454462 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

*Impatient*We went over this. The Cats have mind-control, and when the connection is severed, the dwarf goes through great trauma, often driving them mad.

Why has no one else in the dwarf world dug candy before your fort?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because they know better than to go to get the cotton candy and go to the circus.

Why do gremlins pull leavers if they never knew of them before the dwarfs?

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because they like pulling on sticks (lol)

Why does every wound a Dwarf gets get infected
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile

Because they know better than to go to get the cotton candy and go to the circus.

Why do gremlins pull leavers if they never knew of them before the dwarfs?
Gremlins revere levers as gods. To pull a lever is the ultimate holy duty for a gremlin. To die immediately after pulling said lever is enough to make you a Gremlin Saint. (edit: dammit)

Because DF is realistic. You try living in a dirty hole surrounded by unwashed beards and not getting some horrible infection. (Also probably because you've never made soap?)

Why do dwarfs not cook and eat rats? They're the only food source that will never run out, and all you need is ketchup!
My wooden badge was delicious.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They do, just when they are starving, as eating rats is discusting and would cause the plague

Why dont two Dwarf civs ever go to war, and why dont you ever get invasions from other Dwarvern civs?
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

reference insertion failure

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

reference insertion failure

No, why? May I interest you in a rat on a stick Urist McStronginthearm? 3 bucks only and at that price I'm cutting me own throat.

Ironlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<cage trap catches Elephant>

<Urist Mac Feegle picks up cage, runs inside cave with it>

Bloody impressive feat. 
Other monsters crowded around me, continually attacking.  I treated them politely, offering the edge of my razor-sharp sword; but the feast, I think, did not please them.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ReReailment in prgress.
Why dont two Dwarf civs ever go to war, and why dont you ever get invasions from other Dwarvern civs?

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can't think of a funny answer, so a serious one. Dwarf civs have the same ethics, so they don't get into conflicts. No wars = no invasions. Also dwarf invaders would have to come in autumn which is reserved for your civs caravan.

How can my mayor like adamantine if he he does not know it exists yet?

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can't think of a funny answer, so a serious one. Dwarf civs have the same ethics, so they don't get into conflicts. No wars = no invasions. Also dwarf invaders would have to come in autumn which is reserved for your civs caravan.

How can my mayor like adamantine if he he does not know it exists yet?
The same reason nobles are lazy - whenever they sleep, the HFS visits their dreams. Urging, threatening, willing anyone in a position of power to order the mining of a blue stone and release the HFS from its time-worn prison. The higher-class nobles are terrified that if they were ever to do a single task, they would enter a fell trance and free the HFS without even knowing it, so they keep themselves weak and useless so as not to be converted into a mere tool used to doom the fortress. Your mayor, however, can act, and the dreams have grown too strong. His conscious thought is trying everything to divert his actions from their terrible course by coming up with distractions, like mandating cabinets. But the HFS deep within his subconscious urges him onwards, even turning an order for the manufacture of furniture into a sinister bid for freedom. Adamantine! How many mayors and kings have fallen before its bewitching blue allure?!

Do you think plump helmets are really shaped like spades? If so, are they flattish, or are they perfectly rounded as if created on a lathe?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They always struck me as looking like classical Mushrooms, but with sharp tops.

Ironlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Plump helmets don't have pointy tops, those are in fact small spouts through which their juicy goodness may be squeezed or sucked out by hungry dorfs. 
Other monsters crowded around me, continually attacking.  I treated them politely, offering the edge of my razor-sharp sword; but the feast, I think, did not please them.

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile

Damnit, I wish threads were more equivilent to bullets trains than industrial trains. Much harder rerail. Only problem is that it is nigh-impossible to get a thread back on it's rails after derailing.

Remember to post a question after your answer, damnit!

Anyways, what is it in a dwarf's mind that is different from a human's that manages to completely ignore angst, stupidity to the point of requiring constant babysitting, even heavily altering blueprints and risking their lives just so they can always do things the exact same way...

And yet are pretty much the most technologically advanced race ever? This is taking into account the lavish megaprojects, the overly-complicated traps that all-too-often involved magma, skill in proffesions to the point of instinct, and the only race to ever reap the profits of candy and survive the following tax collectors for said candy.
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile

Booze.

How do dwarven cooks mince liquids?
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 301