Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 454994 times)

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

Magma cools? What are you talking about? It just evaporates like water if there's only 1/7 in a square.

What happens if dwarf fortress is allowed to get tech levels equivalent to modern day?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nothing, all worlds generated suddenly die off around 1945.

How is it that untame creatures are needless while tame grazers can starve?
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

The untame ones packed a lunch. The tame ones expected you to do that for them. Lazy bastards.

Do you think that dwarves ever entertain babies by making beard puppets?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

But of course! It's a traditional favorite for dwarven parents to put on beard shows for their children!

What do elves do with their babies?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

They put them in trees so they grow faster.

How do the dwarves atom smash the rubble as soon as they mine it?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

TheProphet

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Messiah
    • View Profile

They don't. The rock is caught in the beard of the miner. The beard then acts as a cheese-grater, reducing the rock to a small pile of dust which is spread out as the dorf walks around.

What makes beards so strong?

MrAnderson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

booze, and *kitten roasts* (fyi: don't try this at home)

why don't dwarves just jump down a ledge if they are trapped up a wall?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They trust you to save them WAY to much.

Why don't necromancers arm their zombies? They can and will use weapons if they have them after death.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile

Zombies have trouble grasping the thin, rounded handle, being too used to grabbing for flesh. Any weapons they have from their time in life are their held to the rigidity of their finger muscles at the time of death. Additionally, they usually are seemingly less dextrous than the living.

How have some migrants apparently been nothing but an "appraiser" or "strand extractor" for their entire lives? Doesn't seem the most workable way to make a living on a constant basis.
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Many of them were previously cheese makers or fish dissectors, but during their later career as appraisers and strand extractors the old skills have rusted away to nothingness.

Why is it considered "cheaty" to put children to work hauling this and that around in a primarily agrarian society?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Because the dwarves have a very interesting system of ethics, where children should be allowed to laze around until 13, but then have to work until they die.

Why has no one discovered candy except for this small group of dwarves? Its everywhere underground!
BONUS: Why does everyone automatically know that cany is riduculously valuable without ever seeing it?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 07:16:13 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

Because everyones always talking about it on the forums.

What goes through a dwarves head when it sees it's first peice of candy?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Is this that stuff from the into? Damn, that dude lost his pick! Better request an extra one"
Also nice H&H Avatar

What did Toady make elves in DF assholes, even though there badasses in other games/movies?
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile

"Is this that stuff from the into? Damn, that dude lost his pick! Better request an extra one"
Also nice H&H Avatar

What did Toady make elves in DF assholes, even though there badasses in other games/movies?
Badass elves?

*derisive laughter*
My wooden badge was delicious.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also nice H&H Avatar

Badass elves?

*derisive laughter*
Damn son, i hate Elves more then most, but in Lord of the Rings, The Elder Scrolls, and many others, i must say, Elves can be pretty badass at times.... no matter how gay they look while doing it. Never as Badass as Dwarfs, though

Another question cause this went off track a bit; Why do Dwarves kill themselfs if there kittens die?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 07:42:50 pm by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 301