Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466714 times)

adasdad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you fail to understand how dwarves mine. they slam the pick into the ground to use as an anchor, and use their beard hairs to work their way into microscopic cracks in the stone to pull it apart, while holding onto the pick as support.

Why are elves so warlike? they could easily out trade everyone, and build up allies to fight for them.
There are no words to describe my state of euphoria right now...
euphoric?

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Without war they would quickly run out of sentients to eat and starve.

If cow milk comes from cows and horse milk comes from horses, where does dwarven milk come from?
The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile

Umm... Dwarves

Why do these little #$&@#!$ always insist on standing in the very tile where they themselves are trying to build a @#$%#$^^& wall?!?
At last, she is done.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Umm... Dwarves

Why do these little #$&@#!$ always insist on standing in the very tile where they themselves are trying to build a @#$%#$^^& wall?!?

That is the most digusting thing I have ever read.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Without war they would quickly run out of sentients to eat and starve.

If cow milk comes from cows and horse milk comes from horses, where does dwarven milk come from?
Actuall, It comes from purring maggots. Yeah, Bet you WISH it came from dwarves now huh?

Generally, cause areas nearby are disgnated for walls, in order to get out of the way they step on the actual tile, cause clearly as long as they stanndt there and hog the job, no one will build on them.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

Umm... Dwarves

That is the most digusting thing I have ever read.
There's no foreign bacteria.
The reason we need to pasteurize disgusting old cow milk in the first place is because it's filled with tones of foreign microorganisms.
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile

A wall occupies the whole tile. Even with long dwarf arms, laying all the bricks from the next tile is kind of hard, so they get closer to work. Of course, they do need to move off the tile to actually finish the work.

Why does everything - EVERYTHING - immediately die if some knee-deep (2/7) water freezes while the poor anything was wading through it?
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

A wall occupies the whole tile. Even with long dwarf arms, laying all the bricks from the next tile is kind of hard, so they get closer to work. Of course, they do need to move off the tile to actually finish the work.

Why does everything - EVERYTHING - immediately die if some knee-deep (2/7) water freezes while the poor anything was wading through it?
Every single drop of water in and on their body freezes. If the freezing of their vital fluids doesn't kill them, like in the case of Element men, then they flat out get torn apart by water expanding in any crevice.

How does Necromancy work?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

adasdad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the necromancer summons foul spirits from the pit, and they pick up the corpses and go "doo ee doo deedooo" while shaking the corpses about.

if dwarves reproduced with spores, how come there hasn't been a single attempt to weaponize them?
euphoric?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile

Rule 1 of Dwarf Fortress, we have weaponized it.
Rule 2 of Dwarf Fortress, if we haven't weaponized it mentioning it will cause us to weaponize it.
Place all married female dwarves in a sealed chamber with plenty of food, drink, weapons, and armor they will continually pump out babies which will become an army you can unleash upon the land while your fortress is completely sealed off from the outside world.

How does one go about throwing water, vomit, blood etcetera?

adasdad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

they pack it into a ball of water-tight beard hair.

why, even with the certain existence of candy covered dwarven marauders, are carp, elephants, badgers, and dingoes not extinct?
euphoric?

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The same way you throw a steel warhammer after your arms have been cut off.

why, even with the certain existence of candy covered dwarven marauders, are carp, elephants, badgers, and dingoes not extinct?
why, even with the certain existence of carp, elephants, badgers, and dingoes, are dwarves not extinct?

Why, at the moment a siege appears, does Urist MrTantrumCauser decide to go grab the xXpig tail fiber sockXx he left in the forest?
The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile

The same way you throw a steel warhammer after your arms have been cut off.

why, even with the certain existence of carp, elephants, badgers, and dingoes, are dwarves not extinct?

Why, at the moment a siege appears, does Urist MrTantrumCauser decide to go grab the xXpig tail fiber sockXx he left in the forest?

(s)He thinks the roar of voices is the signal that he can go outside to look for it.

Why is it Dwarfs have the intuition and creativity to weaponize ANYTHING, and yet are often the dumbest sentients out there at the same time?
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

It is BECAUSE the have the intuition and inclination to weaponize everything that they are the dumbest sentients, excluding goblins, who simply suck eggs.

Why is my mayor upset about sleeping in a poor bedroom when she has the only ****ing Royal bedroom in the whole ****ing fort?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

You did assign it to her, right?

Why do people think dwarves are stupid? They've mastered Quantum &^%$ing Mechanics!

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 301