Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466749 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile

No question, sooo..

Why do dwarves hate slavery?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

No question, sooo..

Why do dwarves hate slavery?
Only a lazy jerk would have someone else do their work for them.
And also, Goblins do it.

What would happen if dwarves invented the steam engine?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile

A greedy human would eventually steal the technology and begin an industrial revolution. (Get it?)

How are one-handed dwarves able to wield both a weapon and a shield with their remaining hand?
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

The shield is strapped onto their arm. Or their hand, considering the shield falls when their hands are cut off. Pretty nifty.

Why do merchants go insane when guards do not?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Clearly, it is secret android technology.

How can dwarves believe in a god of kindness in a world such as theres? Read the Diamond titan thread for more info on the evils of the world. oh, god, the HORROR.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Whilst Dwarves have many gods, amongst them many with positive aligned spheres, they are not outright good. There are reasons why Dwarves do not like good regions, despite them being "blessed."

AKA Frosty the snowrex.

Why do Dwarven children suddenly attain the ability to do every single job in the Dwarf arsenal at the age of 13, instead of a gradual slope of learning?

Muddy Mudstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do Dwarven children suddenly attain the ability to do every single job in the Dwarf arsenal at the age of 13, instead of a gradual slope of learning?

Because unskilled dwarfs are no more competent than 13-year-olds who first heard of the job yesterday.

Why do pine trees turn red in autumn?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because by that time, the sun has grown weak, and in order to conserve no longer useful chlorophyll they drain the leaves of the substance, leaving only remainder chemicals. This being Dwarf fortress, those chemicals are usually absorbed goblin blood.

What force decides what FBs and titans are created? And why can the be so EVIL!?!.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

Because by that time, the sun has grown weak, and in order to conserve no longer useful chlorophyll they drain the leaves of the substance, leaving only remainder chemicals. This being Dwarf fortress, those chemicals are usually absorbed goblin blood.

What force decides what FBs and titans are created? And why can the be so EVIL!?!.
The Forgotten Beats and Titans were some of the worlds very first creatures. They were created by the Gods to be nearly indestructible, and all powerful. However, during a great Demon escape, before the casting of Adamantine, many of the Deep Titans, living far down in the caves were attacked by the demon scum. They were warped and twisted by the evil corruption, in mind body and soul. They were no longer the Titans the Gods created. They were beasts. And they were sealed away in the earth, and soon forgotten. The actual Titans on the surface maintain their original designs. It's just that all the ones you see are big jerks.

Who gives all these places in the world such weird names?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile

Most of the time, Armok is drunk (or his equivilent) when he's making the names of all the places, so he just names it whatever first comes to mind, no matter how wacky it is. Such as, thinking about fire imps as he names an iceburg, and so he calls it "Fireland".

Why are there no badass elves whatsoever? Sure, they're basterds as a whole, but shouldn't there be exceptions?
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Most of the time, Armok is drunk (or his equivilent) when he's making the names of all the places, so he just names it whatever first comes to mind, no matter how wacky it is. Such as, thinking about fire imps as he names an iceburg, and so he calls it "Fireland".

Why are there no badass elves whatsoever? Sure, they're basterds as a whole, but shouldn't there be exceptions?

There are, alot of badasses. And the few that there are, there dwarfier then dwarves most of the time.

Why does Armok let us rule over dwarven kind?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Clearly, becuase we are more efficient at mass-killing things then thay are on their own.

Why can we clean inside but not outside?

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile

It's kind of hard to towel down some blood-soaked soil. Stone, no problem.

How can a single stone be used and re-used to make a huge number of different structures?
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

It's kind of hard to towel down some blood-soaked soil. Stone, no problem.

How can a single stone be used and re-used to make a huge number of different structures?
Besides being experts at Quantum Mechanics, dwarves are also capable of performing Alchemy. They can turn a log into a Carpenters workshop, Three stones into a bridge, all that stuff, and then turn it back into three lumps of rock.
It's just that most of these stones and logs are much MUCH bigger then they look.

What causes all these animal people, and why are they only in savage regions?

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile

Clearly Armok got drunk off his ass and confused animals with people again.

Why are there 4 dead babies and a zombie giraffe in my well?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 301