Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 454252 times)

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There hasnt been enough !!FUN!! recently.

Why are 99% of my immigrants either useless, childs, a combination of them or drop dead the moment they arrive? "Yay, a legendary weaponsmith, praise the..." Urist McLegendary drops dead "Nevermind. Hey, Cheesemaker, wannabe a weaponsmith? I had a job in this branche opened recently...."

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because the useful people have already been killed or kidnapped, and those who do come have so much ego the game kills them instead of generating it.

Why do I keep getting evil rain the moment I embark on an evil biome, preventing me from doing anything because of the instant, unavoidable paralysis or worse?
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Its Armok's way of saying "welcome home", with his devilish blessings.

Why can I not get myself to play DFs new updates? Haven't played in 6 months yet I'm dying to play.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Because the awesomeness of the updates requires a waiting period, let your brain melt.

Why do My dwarves procrastinate when I ask them to do something thatwill save them all form horrible, horrible death; yet when the job is devising a horrible self-destruction device, Its always worked hard on till completion?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile

Dwarves are suicidal. Really, why would they appoint nobles, make EVERYTHING with menacing spikes, eat nothing but weird purple 'shrooms, and forge things in pure magma if they weren't?

How in the heck do you dodge a trap filled with 10 separate deadly discs without moving a step, even if lying down?
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

ZeroSumHappiness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I imagine it looks like this.

Why do child dwarves pick crops but do no other tasks?

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile

Dwarves don't clean most things, prepare family meals, mow lawns, or most any other household task. Farming is the dwarven equivalent of chores.

What causes civilians to fight back as soon as emergency drafts are called, and not before?
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

well, two reasons. One, Self-preservation isn't in their job description, alla mason, and well, you know, union rules. Secondly, they know they have no chance unless they have a cool name, like "Destructive hammer" or "Whispers of fleeing"

Why are dwarves content to let a vampire live after minor punishment?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because they dont think there vampires, just a person with freaky ways of making love.

Why are goblins let other races rule them?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile

They hate other goblins, and try REALLY hard to not stab other goblins, which is why they sometimes start fighting each other in front of your fort. It pleases them to see someone other than a goblin rule the civ for once.

Why can dwarves still drink after getting stabbed in the liver 20 times?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

They hate other goblins, and try REALLY hard to not stab other goblins, which is why they sometimes start fighting each other in front of your fort. It pleases them to see someone other than a goblin rule the civ for once.

I would need a drink after that, too.

What do elves taste like?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

I would need a drink after that, too.

What do elves taste like?

Chicken.

Why do my Dwarves insist on jumping 10-15 Z-levels down my deathpits to kill the goblins that fall in, thereby shattering their own legs and arms in the fall?
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

34.11 beefed up damage from falling things, Urist McGravity does the most damage that way.

Why do Urist McMilitary1 through 10 refuse to attack as a squad, but instead go solo against two dozen goblins?
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

They want to hog the kills for themselves.

Why is it that any time I get a fort starting to go decently, keas come and steal all my crap? They're like kobolds, but more annoying and less cute!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because the keas are sent by Armok to point out flaws in your security.  When a kea steals your useless junk priceless objects its just Armok showing you how to better protect yourself.

Why do I rarely ever get ambushes, but now that I've started a megaproject every goblin and his grandmother are hiding in my shrubbery 24/7?  (Created wealth: 1.5 mil, couldn't possibly have anything to do with it  :P)
Has entire family killed and all friends butchered and raped.
---
It's cool, he saw an awesome sock AND a waterfall, so it's all good now.
it's ‼Super Happy Tantrum Time‼
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 301