Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 453827 times)

Plutocrat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They use sweat.  Makes it stronger.

Why do large grazers need to eat so much that they physically cannot prevent themselves from starving to death?

The planet's ecosystem changed recently and these are just remnants from a bygone era of more abundant grass, just waiting to die really.

Why don't the demons just settle down and start a fortress?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 03:06:45 am by Plutocrat »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

They did. But those are called curious structures, and are filled with bony punching bags.

[Should we put spoilers? Euphemisms are dead in this thread as far as I see]

How do those edible staring eyeballs and squirming tendrils taste like? Grazers eat them...

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They're just moving plants.

Why is microline so common?
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It really tries hard to imitate the more sought after rock, the one that is like candy to the people and fun to your dwarves.

How did Bogeymen start? There must have been a first somewhere in the cackling masses.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

It really tries hard to imitate the more sought after rock, the one that is like candy to the people and fun to your dwarves.

How did Bogeymen start? There must have been a first somewhere in the cackling masses.
They spawn from the paranoia of the lone adventurer's mind.

Why is throwing so damn effective?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It only checks for how heavy a projectile is when said projectile connects, not when someone tries to throw it.  So tossing an elephant in a cage is no trouble at all, but catching one is a guaranteed broken bone.

How do the mountain halls get steel without discovering iron?
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Goblinite shipments.

Why do dwarves love to get pincushioned by archers so damn much?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Nan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because "meaty bolt sponge" sounds cool.

Why is tanner a moodable skill?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It isn't like what us humans define as 'tan'.

How useful are legendary fish dissectors?

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

They are great counterweights, recruits, deep magma explorers, recruits....

Why everything is soooooo square?
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

MrShovelFace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

if the weakest dwarf with a copper pick can breach the HFS when why can a 50 story tall demon with lasers for eyes not do the same?

Wen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Its elementary, my dear McWatson. Demons don't use copper picks.

Why some militiadorfs are schizophrenic? "He was upset about being relieved from duty. He was enraged by long patrol duty lately"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 11:58:35 am by Wen »

WolfeyS

• Bay Watcher
  • My wife just died. Oh, damn nice door that one is.
    • View Profile

They did. But those are called curious structures, and are filled with bony punching bags.

I read that as brony punching bags, and chuckled maniacly.

Everything is square because the dorfs have OCD and anything not perfectly square would hurt them.

Why are goblins so stupid?  How large are their brains?
My Steam Account

You just know you're screwed when a dwarf dies of old age.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparently, a goblin's head is the same size as a dwarf and an elf. I'll leave the analogy to you.  ;)

What would a dwarf do when he cracks open the last block to & ?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Go to get a drink before you can order him to build a wall, dooming the fortress.

Why do kobolds try to ambush a full militia squad several magnitudes of awesome more skilled and well-armed than they?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 301