Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 467355 times)

Jalapeņo Cheesepuffs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because they can't stop maiming the animals long enough to tame them.

Why are picks so good at severing limbs?

Because the standard model didn't "cut" it when the tantrum spiral started, so certain improvements were made.
"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr. Brain has long since departed"

-Edmund Blackadder

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why is the best booze made from aboveground plants?
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

TheeBaconman

• Bay Watcher
  • Topics normally misunderstood. Dabbling worder
    • View Profile

Why is the best booze made from aboveground plants?

The same reason that undergroud plants are underground. The surface plants are the top and genetically superior!

Why can a crawling crippled guy, hit a non-cripple better than the non-cripple can hit the cripple?
"A stupid is, a stupid dies." -Tribes 2

Think of the children?!
You sick freak.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Because of dwarven biology.  They are actually very squat creatures, with very long arms, comically long.  The dwarf is 3 feet tall, and his arms reach 5 feet tall at the elbow, 10 feet tall at the hands.  This allows them to manipulate things in human towns, and explains why they can stab a dragon in the head.  To use any traditional tools, the bend their arms double, appearing like an enormous football goal.  This is also why two dwarves walking near each other get staggered, their arms are tangling like power lines.

A dwarf on the floor has the advantage that he doesn't have to bend his arms double.  He can just reach out and strike, unlike a healthy dwarf who has to awkwardly reach.

Why does food on a stockpile never decompose?

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The stockpile is made of salt.

Why can't copper picks cut through cotton candy armor?
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

TheeBaconman

• Bay Watcher
  • Topics normally misunderstood. Dabbling worder
    • View Profile

Because cotton candy is so beloved you shouldn't ever scratch it.

How can Horses grab puppies, with one leg?
"A stupid is, a stupid dies." -Tribes 2

Think of the children?!
You sick freak.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile

Because cotton candy is so beloved you shouldn't ever scratch it.

How can Horses grab puppies, with one leg?

why do dwarves ignore masterwork roasts for raw plump helmets?
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile

Because the raw Plump Helmet reminds them of their roots, living in squalor and misery far below the earth.

Why do goblins wait for your population to hit a certain point before attacking?

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile

Goblins are pragmatic - there's no reason for plundering an upstart fort, because there's too little to be taken there. It'll also take the goblins a while to even notice the dwarves there.

How do magma pipes refill?
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Darth_Karl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to pull a double as some terry pratchet just gave me a serious anwser to a prior question:

Becuase it's a dwarven Pickaxe. The head has got a pick point on one side, and a nice battleaxe on the other.

God, (AKA Toady One), Tells them to, so they do, spontaneouslly.

Mercenare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to pull a double as some terry pratchet just gave me a serious anwser to a prior question:

Becuase it's a dwarven Pickaxe. The head has got a pick point on one side, and a nice battleaxe on the other.

God, (AKA Toady One), Tells them to, so they do, spontaneouslly.

Wheres your question? Oh well, I'll make one up for you!

How come zombified creatures can vanish into thin area when 'Killed' but their living counterparts produce a nice meaty corpse?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because god (Toady) is still contemplating their foul nature and the contradiction of the living dead, thus when they become the dying dead, the contradiction becomes too much to bear and they just wink out of existence, made suddenly impossible--they weren't killed or even destroyed, they simply never happened.  This will all change soon...

Why are crundles so numerous? We are talking about miniature diablos that die when drop kicked by a peasant here...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 01:34:18 am by thegoatgod_pan »
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile

They're Chinese, which is why there's so many of them.

How can a simple dwarf with an eye necrosis ability defeat a giant?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

Blinding seems to make the blinded creature not chase after other creatures and seems to weaken it. Sometimes, the blinded creature will not attack at all. I think that was fixed, though.

How do I stop dorfs from dying when there's a big food and booze stockpile that is completely full?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile

Unlock the door, include the food/booze stockpiles in the burrow, or unforbid it?

Why are goblins more deadly then a FB?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 301