Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 465742 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

A disk is what Armok runs the universe on, and most mortals cant comprehend it

what causes the game to make it so easy to avoid the sperm whales i drop in The O.T.A
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Atarlost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They ran out of bags and canceled the job; or, they can't path to the sand gathering area; or, they can't path to the glassmaker's workshop where the "gather sand" job is/was queued; or, plants grew on the designated sand gathering area and so they think it's not sand anymore.

It was none of those.  I had tons of bags (and no job cancellations), clear paths, a roaded sand collection area, a second sand collection area.  It seems to have been a profile problem.  The wiki says sand collection is unskilled item hauling, but it lies.  It doesn't get performed if the workshop with the sand collection jobs is restricted to non-glassmakers.

what causes the game to make it so easy to avoid the sperm whales i drop in The O.T.A

They're toying with you.  Haven't you ever read Moby Dick?

Why do moody dwarves keep stealing the parapalegic's private burrow restricted workshop?

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile

An inspired Dwarf is incapable of respecting anyone or anything.  Nothing personal, just a side-effect of creating an object which is literally indestructible.

Why do underground plants, where there is effectively zero temperature or PH variance, have seasonal restrictions, and surface crops do not?  Give me a patch of soil and I can grow Strawberries on a glacier.  But try growing Pigtails during 'Spring'?  Forget about it.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because "Seasons" in the underground are when certain types of insects and lizards are active, and all of the underground plants are carnivorous.

Why Is it not "Hot" In The HFS.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile

Flame demons consume ambient heat to fuel themselves, keeping hell at a balmy 73 degrees.

Why won't any trees grow in hell, even if you get the slade muddy?

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile

For the same reason Slade can't be mined- it is an otherworldly stone, incapable of supporting natural life.

If that is true, why can I pasture my burrowing animals atop Slade, and they continue to happily nom on grubs and such?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile

They're actually digging in the ether for said extradimentional bugs.

If slade can't support life, then why can cave moss and such grow on it when muddied?

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile

I said Slade can't support natural life.  Cave moss is clearly supernatural (or at least its' reproduction rate is).

On the subject of excessive digging; Why is it that Invaders never bring tunneling equipment?  I mean sure, no race can dig faster than Dwarves, but even Hippies must have something equivalent to a shovel.

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile

I said Slade can't support natural life.  Cave moss is clearly supernatural (or at least its' reproduction rate is).

On the subject of excessive digging; Why is it that Invaders never bring tunneling equipment?  I mean sure, no race can dig faster than Dwarves, but even Hippies must have something equivalent to a shovel.

Well, with the elves, they find the defacement of nature quite...  grim.  For the walking dead, they're kinda mindless undead that want brains, so there ya go.  As for the humans and goblins, I guess they don't like destroying good architecture.

Why are giants...  well, giant wusses?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Because they're only big friendly giants that come to help save your Dwarve's dreams, when they're viciously attacked by said Dwarves.

Why is there no night time in Dwarf Fortress?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile

Because they're only big friendly giants that come to help save your Dwarve's dreams, when they're viciously attacked by said Dwarves.

Why is there no night time in Dwarf Fortress?

Because the sun never sets on the glorious Dwarven Empire. Or something like that.

What are the chief criteria of becoming/being a Prophet of Armok?
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The criteria are: Knowing Armok, Being enslaved, killing three thousand elves, and Being dead twelve times over

what happens when you delete a save?
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Armokalypse.

What happens when you copy a save?
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Armokalypse.

Everything Splits like an amoeba, and floats off to another place in the universe

What happens when a save gets corrupted?
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Armokalypse.

Everything Splits like an amoeba, and floats off to another place in the universe

What happens when a save gets corrupted?

The world is swallowed by the sun, like the Earth will be in about 5 billion years.

My question:

Isn't Clown Land supposed to be made of slade?
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 301