Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 465565 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

A necromancer has not raised the stockpiles from the dead, so they don't move.

I want magma ponds. Why can't dwarves haul magma in buckets?
It would melt their beards. Consider hauling magma-filled minecarts with wheelbarrows instead.

Why are bins so evil?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Because they render all items inside them inaccessible while they're being carried around. And dwarves pick up the entire bin of items whenever a new item that could be stored in the bin is created. All in all, the extra storage space they give you in no way justifies how fucking annoying it is to have jobs randomly interrupted by bin shenanigans every minute or so.

What on earth are wheelbarrows USEFUL for?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile

dwarves pick up the entire bin of items whenever a new item that could be stored in the bin is created
They dont do this anymore.

What on earth are wheelbarrows USEFUL for?
I find them useful for hauling ore to the stockpile near the smelter. If you want to add more dwarfpower to it use multiple small stockpiles with 3 wheelbarrows each.

Why cant I atomsmash creepy crawlers?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Too small - They are smaller than an atom.

Why is there no Dwarven pottery?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile

Kilns have a lot of better things to do. Like make gypsum powder for instance.

What if dwarves had access to the internet?
I do stuff, I guess

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

Urist McBrowser cancels work: Interrupted by Internet.

How do monsters made of liquids or powders survive for hundreds of years and rack up hundreds of kills if they fall apart from a single punch?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

Extremely good luck

How many weapons could a weaponmaster wield if a weaponmaster could wield weapons?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

As many weapons as the weaponmaster could hold if the weaponmaster's body parts have [GRASP] tags.

Not DF, but I just tried to fire a rabbit out of a bow made of sulphur in Armok I and the game crashed. I'm still not over it. Please explain.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

The game can't decide whether or not to treat the rabbit as a living projectile or a dead one; after all it was just exposed to sulfur. Games dont like to make decisions.

Why do people in adventure mode more often than not ignore you when you attack somebody nearby?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

That guy was a dick, and probably deserved the brainstabbing.

Why is the cuteness of the "Mother, is that you? Child, is that you?" *Dwarf Child embraces Dwarf Brewer* enough to make up for the annoyance of herding a clambering mess of jerkasses across the countryside, through countless pointless fights, tiresome river crossings, and--assuming you're on a vampire kick as I have been lately--not being able to drink the blood of your enemies without them flipping out?

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because the mother-child bond is something that strikes a chord with most of us.  It's really a very primal thing.

Why can't we bring beagles with us on embark?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

He's too busy playing X-COM.

Why do Dwarves have legends about Cheesemaker.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

The Big D

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes bears for their fuzzy-wuzzyness
    • View Profile

Because EvictedSaint

Why do crundles survive worldgen when they're so terrible?
I just have this terrible mental picture of this beet-looking thing bursting out of someone's stomach and being like "Neeeeed phosphaaaaates"
If it's magma resistant, mod it so it's not!

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile

Because crundles are not a civilisation and as such are not suceptible to the terrible wrath that is world-gen.

Why are orcas so rare?
I do stuff, I guess

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Mermen are aggressive whalers.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 301