Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466168 times)

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why would they not fire at the same rate?

How can a desert titan be made of green glass?
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile

The sheer heat of the enviroment melts the sand of the desert into green glass, which then gains sentience and becomes a titan.

Why can't all titans have awesome backstories like that?
I do stuff, I guess

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Because Toady is working on the poetry generator at the moment.

Why don't invaders actually mount a long-term siege?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because their overlord can't afford the overtime.

Why is everything in the world sorta made of squares?
()==[:::::::::::::>

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like said in SixOfSpades's sig, DF is "kinda like minecraft, but for people who hate themselves."

Why can't dwarves claim figurines and put them in their room, like Misty did?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 04:07:18 pm by latias1290 »
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nobles.
"WHAT do you think you are doing there, Urist? Violating the export ban eh? No, I do not care whether you are exporting it to your room or the united anti-dwarf coalition, GUARDS, arrest this vile fiend!"

Why can't there be uprisings against nobles?
I do stuff, I guess

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Because bridges swing downwards, and downrising doesn't make any sense when you say it out loud.

Why can't dorfs replicate the material+type--say a platinum war hammer or obsidian bed--they used for an artifact, later on?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

Once the zesty fervor of artificing leaves, it leaves forever and takes all it's knowledge with it, leaving only muscle memory of the thing the dwarf made... sadly, the dwarf is too closed minded to use the same material if it wasn't "weaponable"

Why won't my dwarves clean the vomit in the entry hall rather than just tracking it around?

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile

Eww, that would be disgusting to clean up! Wallowing in its filth is far better for Dwarves.

Why is everything inevitable?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If everything was not inevitable, it would not have happened.

Since when did dwarves get so deep?
I do stuff, I guess

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile

Since the first dwarf had a Strange Mood and made a pick...

What did the other dwarfs say to him when he made it?
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nothing, they threw him into a jail where he starved because it was a fell mood.

How can dwarf bone cut rock?
I do stuff, I guess

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do you think dwarves are labelled as "Sturdy"?

Why are mountain gnomes so unoriginal, dwarves are the only real alcoholics.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile

Gnomes are degenerate Dwarves who struck a deal with the Devil Elves.

Why are non-flesh Titans and Forgotten Beasts actually pretty easy to kill?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Because magnetism hasn't been implemented yet, so they can't pull themselves together.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 301