Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466176 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

Dorfs carry snorkels, but the elephants aren't smart enough to lift their trunks... so dwarves are still smaller, but the elephants aren't nearly as good at crossing water as they should be...

Why don't dwarven snorkels show up in their inventory?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile

Dwarven snorkels are not an item, they are an innate part of the dwarf. However, they are also [SMALL] so they don't show up in the body parts list.

Why are there so many plans of flooding the world with magma? Why not water?
I do stuff, I guess

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Usually those plans come later as part of the "Crap, I didn't mean to flood THAT part of the map too, now I gotta get rid of some of this so the caravan can get through" steps.

Related to the above, I'd love to solve the "just a little too much magma" problem with a possible "oh dear Armok this is way too much vomit" type solution, especially since dorfs seem capable of producing endless amounts of vomit, so I could just cycle dorfs through burrows to get them cave adapted/exposed to sun and have them vomit forever, so accordingly I must ask:

Why can't we use vomit as an actual liquid yet?

Edit: I can't read the "oh dear Armok this is way too much vomit" type solution bit without breaking down laughing, I think there is something wrong with me, laughing hard enough to cry at my own joke.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 03:36:30 am by Max™ »

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you think eating strange underground fungi all day long will result in liquid vomit?

Why hasn't the Dwarven Realms set up a vomit-export industry yet?
I do stuff, I guess

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

We need to wait for Req 199 to be finished by Toady so we will have projectile vomit (hurray!) to use, but I think there is also the problem of transport since we can't just scoop it up into a barrel or minecart yet, otherwise it would definitely be my number two export, right after goblin chunks.

Why is troll blood blue?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Science-y answer: It's because they use copper instead of iron to bond to the oxygen blah blah blah you are probably too bored to read the rest.
SCIENCE-y answer: It is goblin candy.

What is elf candy?
I do stuff, I guess

ToXey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Elf candy is the basic half-mined rock texture in red and white. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1hpPTVDWLJU/TMgce_UDaQI/AAAAAAAACYg/pOQJJl8VcIw/s1600/polkagris-437x400.jpg
The white is due to the large amount of white blood cells due to their exceptional healing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Note that I mistook goblin candy for troll candy. However, unicorn poop/dust would make excellent elf candy.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 11:39:25 am by ToXey »
-I slew Zolak! -It was inevitable.
-Any troubles? -Bandit Zolak is harassing our hamlet!
-Tell me about Zolak. -Zolak is dead.
-What do you think about me? -You are killer. You are also unhinged. You have perpetrated a violent attack upon Zolak.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is due to a mixture of arcane necromantic megaspells and traditional nuclear devices.

What was the question?
I do stuff, I guess

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We will never know. I think.

How can a dwarf vomit when unconsious?
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Every dwarf has a small cat in its belly that pushes on the dwarf's food pouch when spooked, causing it to vomit even when unable to do anything else...

Why a cat?

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile

The cat's hair reminds the Dwarf of its beard.

Why would it want something hairy in its stomach?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Beards.

Why do beards, rather than the liver, control a dwarf?
I do stuff, I guess

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The liver would tell them to stop drinking, so they keep it quiet with alcohol. When they face withdrawl the voices coming from the liver are able to speak and give longer and more annoying lectures about how living in the dark and drinking booze are terrible habits forcing the dorf to slow to a crawl as their focus drains away...

The beard simply says "do this, pick up that, kill those things" and never tells them not to drink

How much booze is too much for a dorf?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What heresy is this? Tell me, are you an elf spy?

How much booze is too little for a dwarf?
I do stuff, I guess

ToXey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A bucket contains an elephant. Enough said about dwarf drinking habits.
-I slew Zolak! -It was inevitable.
-Any troubles? -Bandit Zolak is harassing our hamlet!
-Tell me about Zolak. -Zolak is dead.
-What do you think about me? -You are killer. You are also unhinged. You have perpetrated a violent attack upon Zolak.
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 301