Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466230 times)

Parhelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because the grass is always greener when somebody else wants it.

How can dwarves engrave stone and gather sand without tools, but require a pick to break the magical barrier protecting soil and stone?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile

It is a well known fact that the soil and stone in DF is held together by beard hair, which also explains how an entire fortress can be held up by a single pillar. Thus, dwarves cannot just break stone with their beards alone, like what they do with engraving and collecting sand which are just basically taking away little chips of material not covered by beard, since beard cannot break beard. Hence, they must use some sort of tool to do so.

When a live creature is dropped from a great height, it explodes. When a dead body is dropped from a great height, it just caves someone's skull in. Why?
I do stuff, I guess

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

Rigor mortis is a bitch

Why does blood never wash off walls?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

It seeps into the beard that protects the walls, thus also explaining how a fight on one side of a wall can make the other side bloody.

Why do werecreatures never get thirsty or hungry?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Oh, they do. Their lust for blood and flesh never abates, and so they seek it without hesitation from whatever source is available. Displaying the hungry or thirsty status would simply be redundant. However, they need not eat or drink to live; the curse of the gods keeps them nourished just enough to survive one more night. One more blurred and muted, blood-filled rampage through the local village.

Why do werebeasts buddy up with others afflicted by the same curse, but not by other werebeast curses, even if the same deity is responsible for their situation? They're all competition, after all.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you turn into a chinchilla every full moon, it's much easier to relate to someone else who turns into a chinchilla than someone who turns into a mammoth...

Why do werebeasts only stick around a fortress for about three kills then turn back into their normal form and flee?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

It takes a few kills before they uh.... achieve release?

Why is that the first thing which came to mind?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because it's extremely accurate

Why do I think it's accurate?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Because you're a sadistic pervert, just like me!

Why do necromancers always leave their family when they learn the secrets, instead of sharing the love?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Less necromancers = more dead bodies = more mindless minions

How does DF math look like?
I do stuff, I guess

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1g / 10s = 9gp

Why is dwarf vomit blue?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

1g / 10s = 9gp

Why is dwarf vomit blue?
Because you need to adjust your monitor.

What is miasma?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Purple-coloured mist. Dwarves hate purple because it reminds them of nobles, so it gives them a bad thought.

Why are nobles purple?
I do stuff, I guess

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Royal purple. It's the most appropriate for the upper class, no?

How do elves wash without soap?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They wash?

Why hasn't someone thought of dropping children on invaders?
I do stuff, I guess
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 301