Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466251 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Dwarves know from some voice in the echoes behind their eyes that nobody likes nobles, and don't seem to understand that mayors are just another type of noble.

Why don't people like the explanation that the first world was seeded with anvils, killing everyone, necessitating the creation of a second world with anvils left lying around here and there, at which point Armok decided he liked this world creation stuff and kept going?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile

Because we of a secret plot by anvils to take over the world?

Are anvils truly living creatures?
I do stuff, I guess

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That depends on how you view it, from a Dwarf's eyes or from an Elf's eyes.

You can channel on brooks? How does that work?
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Better than it does when you remove the only tile holding up the floor you're standing on.

How does a 40x40 floor of soil support itself by one corner?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The dwarven beard hairs seep through the soil and act as something akin to rebar in concrete that helps to support the soil.

Why can't you chop a dwarf's beard off in Adventure Mode?
I do stuff, I guess

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's dirty pool, chopping their junk off and beating them to death with it is one thing, you can even stab his kids in the throat and eat their faces... but you don't touch a dorfs beard!

Where do engravings go when you toggle the visibility off?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They don't so much disappear as get forgotten by the collective dwarven conscience. Only when you look at them closely than the image is briefly found, then just as quickly forgotten.

Why do dwarves not mind standing next to an ocean getting soaked by waves all day long, but the moment a drop of rain touches them they complain?
I do stuff, I guess

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When they look up to see what hit them they see the sun and start choking on their own vomit.

How do dorfs sleep outside without choking on their own vomit?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They sleep face down.

Why do dwarves even want sleep outside like those filthy elves?
I do stuff, I guess

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

Because you still haven't built them any beds and those rock floors are hard, dammit!

Why can't beds be made out of anything but wood?

20firebird

• Bay Watcher
  • how did i get here
    • View Profile

You ever tried sleeping on a rock?

Why is everyone here crazy??
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

blazing glory

Plot twist! You are the crazy one!

Why don't children cooperate with child care?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

When was the last time a dwarf cooperated with anything?

How come the goblins are winning all their sieges post-worldgen?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The rest of the world is too busy watching the newest dwarven fortress fail spectacularly than to bother with petty things like defending their homes.

What happened to the goblin military in adventure mode?
I do stuff, I guess

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They crumbled apart and are now in the camps that you may occasionally encounter when travelling in adventure mode.

Why can worldgen civs send scouts and expand their territory to epic proportions when an intelligent player can't?

(I seriously feel like answering my own question here - The player may be intelligent, but dwarves aren't.)
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 301