Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466265 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

I'm sure there are, given that starfish are in the raws.
Not that I can see. I think Patrick was too busy watching TV under his rock to have descendants. (And all he would have had to do was cut off a limb to reproduce.)

How can 1 demon cut through 100 (untrained) dwarves when they can't cut through a wall made out of Realgar(very soft stone)?
All rocks and soils are protected with a magical barrier that requires a pickaxe to breach.

Why isnt there a global 'egg et al' collection setting like there is for corpses?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

Every type of egg can potentially hatch into a different creature, while dead bodies are just dead bodies

Why do pond turtles count as fish?

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile

Why do pond turtles count as fish?

Because you can fish them.

Why do some dwarves feel interested about every piece of furniture around them?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

Because they are voyeurists, (Note, You cant spell voyeurist, without "urist"!) watching the other half experience "Pleasure" near same-said furniture. It's like they have no inhibitions at all!

Wont somebody think of the children!?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

Because they are voyeurists, (Note, You cant spell voyeurist, without "urist"!) watching the other half experience "Pleasure" near same-said furniture. It's like they have no inhibitions at all!

Wont somebody think of the children!?
We think about the children all the time!

Why can dwarves reach two spaces above them into a tree on a stepladder but only one without?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Obviously they use the stepladder to knock down the fruit 2 spaces up.

Wait, how do they do that?

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The stepladder is retractable, when the dwarves climb on the ladder, they press the button on the ladder which activates a mechanism that causes the retractable part of the ladder to shoot up with lots of force. The result is that the ladder hits the fruit and launches it 2 tiles in the air.

How come female dwarves can get pregnant when they never seem to have any kind of sexual intercourse with male dwarves?
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile

Spores.

Given how much spores there are in the world of DF, how does anyone breath?
I do stuff, I guess

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Life in DF worlds has adapted to the huge amount of spores in the air. Did you know that 80% of the air we breathe is nitrogen? And that only about 3% of the air we breathe ends up in our bloodstream?

How do dwarves engrave masterful images of cats in magnetite walls without needing any kind of tool?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 05:12:43 am by latias1290 »
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Their beards, of course. That's how they shape rock into doors, tables, etc. with no tools, too.

Why do dwarves migrate to a fortress in the middle of nowhere and then whine about missing their 44 cousins?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You only miss them when their gone....

Why do dwarves even move to a place in the middle of nowhere in the first place?
I do stuff, I guess

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They get drunk at home and then are asked to sign a contract to migrate by a seducing female dwarf. The next day they realized what terrible thing happened yesterday and decide to go anyway, as there is nothing they can do about it. Did you know that the VOC (17th century Dutch trading company) recruited sailors in that way?

How was the first anvil made?

(next post == 3000st reply xD )

blazing glory

Dibs on 3000st post.

Armok taught a Dwarf the legendary art of stone anvil making, he made a masterwork stone anvil, and dwarves made many metal anvils from it, but now, both the Dwarf and the anvil have been lost to the ages.

Why can't dwarves make stone anvils?

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because most masons are too low to make anvils. Who needs stone when you got metal?

Why is it possible for mayors to convict a DEAD dwarf who died while completing their mandate?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarven justice transcends this mortal plane.

Why are mayors still in place even with barons and dukes?
I do stuff, I guess
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 301