Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466263 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

The overseer is grooving on the timewarp.

"It's so dreamy--
Oh fantasy FREE ME!
No, you can't see me;
No. Not at all."

"In another dimension,
With voyeuristic intention--
Well secluded; I see all."

"With a bit of a mind flip,
then you're into the time slip,
and nothing, will ever be the same..."

It's just very important to stay away from the bottom of the candy mountain, because that's where FrankFurter lives.
He'll make you savescum DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN if you get anywhere near him.

Now, isn't that better?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

No.  Im even more confused than  stories about being the Hand of God or the collective result of the dwarven hive mind.        if sunlight never reaches the caverns, where does the majority of energy  to sustain the large herbivores or  antagonistic predators   come from?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile

The energy is obviously from all the creatures dying in the Great Magma Sea, which distributes energy evenly among all critters.

Why are throwing picks not a thing yet?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

Throwing is still in the theoretical stages, dwarves occasionally do it on accident, but they are still not convinced it's a viable military tactic to use ranged attacks that don't use a launching device.

Why won't my dwarves make chili out of the beasties that get caught in my serrated disk trap room?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile

Just because something is red doesn't mean it's spicy.

Why can't dwarves catch fish larger than vermin?
I do stuff, I guess

blazing glory

Because they are catching fish with their hands instead of any rod and anything bigger than vermin has mouths big enough to bit off fingers or hands.

Why don't Dwarves use fishing rods or some other contraption instead of their hands?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 10:49:16 pm by blazing glory »

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because the contraption would be wrestled away from them by the fish and used to beat them to death.

Why doesn't the SMR destroy magma?
I do stuff, I guess

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because it is still semi-molten, aka half-molten, and not completely liquid. (Also, how would it destroy magma?)

Why is it harder for an entire fortress of trained soldiers to kill a sponge than it is for them to kill 100 demons?
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The beard hairs slip through the holes in the sponge, reducing the dwarf/beard's combat effectiveness.

Can sponge demons be killed?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 09:49:09 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile

Only by Dwarf Chuck Norris, AKA Chuck Urist.

Why are there sponge Demons, are they the descendants of Spongebob?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

What would possess a pair of blind cave ogres to leave their nice dank caverns and try to scale the inside of an empty volcano (50+ z levels), only to be beaten to death by a bunch of unarmed dorfs at the top? How did they even climb that far without being able to see?
I couldn't help but think of this short story, even if it's only tangentially related.

Yes. There are also squirrel, crab, and tentacle demons.

Why are there no sea star demons?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What would possess a pair of blind cave ogres to leave their nice dank caverns and try to scale the inside of an empty volcano (50+ z levels), only to be beaten to death by a bunch of unarmed dorfs at the top? How did they even climb that far without being able to see?
I couldn't help but think of this short story, even if it's only tangentially related.

Yes. There are also squirrel, crab, and tentacle demons.

Why are there no sea star demons?
I'm sure there are, given that starfish are in the raws.

How come Dwarves? Okay that sucked.

How can 1 demon cut through 100 (untrained) dwarves when they can't cut through a wall made out of Realgar(very soft stone)?
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

Dwarves come in many shapes, sizes, sclors, genders, and orientations. Some are fat, some are thin, some are tall, some are short-- you get the idea.

Typically, dwarves enter via doorways, but are also known to use hatches and floodgates from time to time, and are also known to traverse bridges.

That's how dwarves typically come anyway.

How many dwarves does it take to pull a lever?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

All of them, one holds on to the lever and nothing else, the rest grab the ground and start running in the appropriate direction.

Why is it that I can sit and basically beg dorfs to haul things i actually want moved, but even if I forbid cooking of various egg types, the instant I let them into the nest box room they ninja snatch all the eggs?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

All of them, one holds on to the lever and nothing else, the rest grab the ground and start running in the appropriate direction.

Why is it that I can sit and basically beg dorfs to haul things i actually want moved, but even if I forbid cooking of various egg types, the instant I let them into the nest box room they ninja snatch all the eggs?
You arent doing it right.  You have to pasture mothers into their own room with a door and nest box.  Lock them in forevermore, and only let them out when they make babies.

Why isnt there a global 'egg et al' collection setting like there is for corpses?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 301