Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466411 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

There is a glitch about leather . . . . maybe there is some bleedthrough.  I know it does happen in adventure mode too.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6015

Its lost to the ages.  All the blood given unto Armok had to come from somewhere, and when you bleed an animal you don't waste the rest of it, do you?  No, you make skeletons and leather.  All the leather got dumped here, and all the zombies got stationed at some hell armory, to await the arrival of chosen ones and checkers.

Why are dwarves fond of all industry but incapable of more than basic bureaucratic management?  They ant even get their currency to run correctly! :P
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile

My understanding is that lairclusters can result from a werecreature setting up its lair just outside town, thereby leading to it infecting more people from town who set up their lairs right outside town, who all infect even more people who set up their lairs by the town, until they can't figure out where to put their lairs or there is no more uninfected populace.

Not sure about leather though.
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile

Why do migrants often come by with completely unrelated skills - I got a farmer with skills primarily in metalworking (they were all Novice)?

tussock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Urist McMetalFarmer ran out of bars and tried planting the last few to make them duplicate, turned out it was more fun than metalworking anyway.

My Hunter is dragging himself around on two shattered femurs, but isn't asking for help, brave lad. I turned off hunting for him, because he's too slow to catch anything. Was that wrong?

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile

Yes.  He purposely had his legs broken, to more easily hunt low-to-the-ground prey.  Now, you've taken away his one aspirition in life.

Dream-slayer.  You, sir or madam, are a baaaaad overlord.

Why is it that my dorfs will bitch and moan about having shoddy clothing, despite there being many, many bins' worth of masterwork clothing items sitting in storage, which they refuse to change into?
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Because they made it themselves. It is more precious to them than their children.

How is it that some things can still be killed with wool socks?

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You've apparently never smelled Urist's feet.

Why do goblins want dwarf children, anyway?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

blazing glory

To brainwash them and send them as migrants to eat your foodstores.

Why do elves have loads of wood but for some reason other civilizations cutting down trees is bad?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

They're just offended by how badly done the bauble is, and how a tree was cut down. Elves only cut out a small part of the tree after honoring the wood spirits.

Why can't gnomes brew their own alcohol?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They can, but barrel technology still mystifies them.

Why do traders insist on bringing multiple wagons full of stuff I've never bought, never asked for, and never would want to buy?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

It's better to have too much than to have too little. (Unless said fortress seizes your goods and kill you)

Why can't dwarves just build a straightforward vertical pipe system for magma instead of building complicated magma pump stacks?

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Because they don't have the technology to create enough negative pressure to draw the magma up.

Why are animals and random civilians so often better at fighting than the trained military are?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

blazing glory

Because their superheroes in disguise.

Why does cave fungus and rubbish suddeenly start invading my dwarfy home when I discover a cavern?

Kumquat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They are happy to be free.

If it takes days for a bunch of trolls to bring down a single *granite door*, how can a tantruming 3-year-old dwarf child send it flying with a single kick?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Why are dwarves fond of all industry but incapable of more than basic bureaucratic management?  They ant even get their currency to run correctly! :P
It's been tried in the past, but extensive management of dwarves drives one to a dark insanity. They kept trying to create committees for "child care" and other absurdities. The other dwarves wouldn't have it.

If it takes days for a bunch of trolls to bring down a single *granite door*, how can a tantruming 3-year-old dwarf child send it flying with a single kick?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 301