Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466476 times)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile

Because boiling booze allows for the trauma to be drawn out, spread and multiplied over several generations.

How do the other races survive worldgen, with all these dwarven megalomaniacs running around?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

jcochran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because the dwarves aren't megalomaniacs until they get a proper overseer.

Why doesn't magma cool off on its own eventually?

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile

Because its hot.

How comes gold is valuable when its so common and easy to refine?

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile

Because it is so lustrous and pretty.

Where is the blacksmith?!
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

Because it is so lustrous and pretty.

Where is the blacksmith?!

At the bottom of a 34 z-level pit in half a dozen pieces. He tripped.

Why have I not had a birth in nearly a year when I have 7 fertile couples and no child cap to speak of?

Edit: And then, of course, less than a minute after I post this another beardling pops into existence.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 11:04:56 pm by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Probably all of the ambient radiation. I would recommend the immediate production of iron undergarments.

Why do my grazing animals insist on clumping together in one corner of the pasture and getting upset at each other?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile

Probably all of the ambient radiation. I would recommend the immediate production of iron undergarments.

Why do my grazing animals insist on clumping together in one corner of the pasture and getting upset at each other?
Because that is were the grass is greener, and because it belongs to Cow #5's and he knows it.

Why does a single rookie prove to be more helpful than a squad that's been training for years?
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

blazing glory

Because that is were the grass is greener, and because it belongs to Cow #5's and he knows it.

Why does a single rookie prove to be more helpful than a squad that's been training for years?

Because the squad's dead.

Why do the elves cut trees to trade it to your fortress?

fortydayweekend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because elves don't cut trees, they only gather fallen wood, because they don't have any stone or metal axes like you'd need to cut trees. Except of course that wooden axes can cut trees.

How can wooden axes cut trees?
The Sea Lamprey bites the Miner in the lower left back teeth and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because the wood on the axe is a lot sharper and also has a very angry dwarf swinging it.

Why do elves love nature?

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile

It's the only thing that smells worse than they do, and the only thing that allows them to feel superior.

Why do vampires survive worldgen, when they're constantly being locked up and exploited? Too similar to my earlier question. Feel free to come up with your own.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile

How many mines could a miner dwarf mine if a miner dwarf could mine mines?
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

fortydayweekend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How many mines could a miner dwarf mine if a miner dwarf could mine mines?

Nine.

How come a post-HFS-breach world isn't full of escaped clowns?
The Sea Lamprey bites the Miner in the lower left back teeth and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile

Isn't there a cap? And I don't think the can leave their sites.

I'm having HUGE difficulty with butchering. Usually I concentrate on eggs or vegetation, but I decided to try out a hunter. How do you get the butcher to kill an animal killed by hunter??

blazing glory

Isn't there a cap? And I don't think the can leave their sites.

I'm having HUGE difficulty with butchering. Usually I concentrate on eggs or vegetation, but I decided to try out a hunter. How do you get the butcher to kill an animal killed by hunter??

I think hunters have a problem where they are running out of ammunition and while they are getting more their target bleeds out but rather then bringing the animal back for butchering they find a new one,if they kill the enemy without it bleeding out then they will bring it to the butchers work shop and a butcher command will automaticly be made.

Why are hunters so dumb and picky?
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 301