Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466474 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do necromancers reanimate everything?
]

They're lonely and want as many "friends" as possible.

Why do dwarves fear any undead, even undead hairs?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because they didn't know that hair could die in the first place, let alone move around by itself.

Why do dwarven citizens run away from every enemy?

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile

Well, if we were invaded by terrorists here in _______, you'd run from the attackers too.

How is size relative to a tile? We have these itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot kobolds on one tile, but hither comes the elder dragon, ready to burn and pillage the earth of its wealth, in the exact sized fucking tile. Why?!
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Well, if we were invaded by terrorists here in _______, you'd run from the attackers too.

How is size relative to a tile? We have these itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot kobolds on one tile, but hither comes the elder dragon, ready to burn and pillage the earth of its wealth, in the exact sized fucking tile. Why?!
Tiles are 2m x 2m x 3m. They're all crammed into a smaller space via quantum stockpiling (i.e. tiles are bigger on the inside.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

blazing glory

Why do dwarves have beards?

fortydayweekend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do dwarves have beards?

Because [APP_MOD_RATE:1:DAILY:0:1000:0:0:NO_END]

If a tree falls in the woods and there's no-one there to hear it, what sound does the dying elven diplomat make right after complaining about it?
The Sea Lamprey bites the Miner in the lower left back teeth and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Tarzanello

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes
    • View Profile

The same as one hand clapping does. In the case in question, the hand is covered by a steel gauntlet and is clapping on his face.
How does a FB made of coal manage to fly with his wings, and with perfect maneveurability to boot? How hard does he have to flap them? Or does he have an hidden jetpack and the wings are only for show?
Keep in mind, I am not a smart man.

Azuraal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They are giving FB ability to quantum tunnel themselves on demand.
Why is quantum science answer to everything?

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile

It's not. You're just giving us dwarfarrhea of the mouth

Why can't dwarves make booze out of milk?
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

Then what would they use to make cheese?

Why do dwarven soldiers prefer glass vials over waterskins?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

They think it looks badass.

Why dont dwarves just hug it out, instead of slugging it out?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Why dont dwarves just hug it out, instead of slugging it out?
Some do, when they can find a mayor's shoulder to cry on.

Why don't mayors hand over their office to the next dwarf when their term is up?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

Because they're greedy little bastards.

How does a miner manage to crack her skull open by dropping ONE z-level after channeling out the wall beneath her?

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile

She accidentally pickaxed herself in the head while finishing her work.

If I discover a massive supply of kaolinite, put porcelain statue production on repeat and then forget about it, how many masterwork statues will each dwarf in my fort get on average when I run out of space in the furniture stockpile?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

It depends. Are the statues African or European?

How come alcohol doesn't actually explode?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 301