Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466937 times)

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile

Recycling is the dwarven way.  Just ask the goblinite.

Speaking of... how do I recycle goblins without necromancy?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

Use a mummy. It's different!

Why are humans so gullible about escaped clowns, that they feel compelled to worship them like gods, when all the other races, excepting goblins, can see right through the ruse?

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Use a mummy. It's different!

Why are humans so gullible about escaped clowns, that they feel compelled to worship them like gods, when all the other races, excepting goblins, can see right through the ruse?

Ergonomics. Elves and dwarves get tired of looking up at such a high angle. Humans are tall enough that it works out OK, and goblins don't care about pain for it is the lifeblood of a warrior. Dwarves make their gods real by looking down at their current engraving, not looking (way, way, way) up at a demon.

Why can't we use magma buckets?
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

shinyarceus4

• Bay Watcher
  • Catbombs!
    • View Profile

Because the buckets repel all magma, like soap repels water.

Why do no dwarves worship Armok?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

They feel it's best not to attract his attention.

How were the Forgotten Beasts made?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No one remembers! That's why they are forgotten!

If alcohol dehydrates you, why don't dwarves dry out like raisins, given that they only use the well to wash (infrequently), and only drink water when there is no alcohol?

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile

Because dwarves are simply pickled to the point that they won't dehydrate from further pickling.

Why oh why do pressure plates have to have delays to the things they're attached to?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everything, including pressure plates, has to run the full course of adamantine circuitry - takes no set up, but adamantine is a long and slow circuit just the way it is.  All 'newly built' circuitry just hooks into this and inherits the existing rate.

Moving that adamantine might disrupt the circuitry inside, enough to risk further increasing delays.

Why do vamps wait until a target is sleeping in order to feed, instead of using some of their superior abilities to just 'take' what they want from any weak-seeming available dwarf or animal?  After all, it's not -that- hard to knock something out through pain if nothing else, without to much risk of killing it, should you avoid striking the head.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Paranoia. They are afraid that somebody will see, hear, or worse, REPORT that they were assaulted, or that the vampire was assaulting someone/thing.

More to the point, why don't vampires volunteer for military service, and "eat and run" during sieges? Surely, the dwarven civ would actually DESIRE having vampires around if they only actively went after invaders?

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com

not a WTF but are horn and hooves useful for anything

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile

More to the point, why don't vampires volunteer for military service, and "eat and run" during sieges? Surely, the dwarven civ would actually DESIRE having vampires around if they only actively went after invaders?

Because even dwarven vampires know that fast food is bad for them.

(Horns and Hooves: Bone carved trinkets)

While we're pondering our vampiric friends, I'm down for a good meal as much as the next guy but how do these guys actually stay alive so long?  They've got THE most voracious appetites I've ever seen.

Urist Mcfortwrecker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the blood isn't to maintain their immortality, it's to maintain their youth, because 892 year olds look UUUUUGLLY

why can't cartilage and nervous tissue be turned into useful things?

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile

They can, you just need to add SHELL to the raws.  ;D

No matter how much I plan, my minecart systems always seem to end up as dwarven grinder systems... why don't my goblin grinder systems ever work this well?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

You don't plan the dwarven grinder minecart systems out in a high goblin-trafficking area. Throw more goblins at it and -boom- it's a goblin grinder.

Why do goblins build and live in towers?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Their demonic overlords like a throneroom with a view.
(nitpick: in-game, goblin locations are normally called 'dark fortress')

Why does a legendary axelord/teacher take longer training up two axedwarfs than he'd take to train a hammer- and a speardwarf?
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 301